Author Topic: Pressure on Nike  (Read 12284 times)

Kelly Jane

• Getbig II
  • 5'8"
Pressure on Nike
« on: July 26, 2007, 12:25:59 PM »
As you read this, PETA protesters are converging on the U.S. District Court in Richmond, Va., to call for vigorous prosecution of Michael Vick and three other defendants who are being arraigned on dogfighting charges. We want all those accused of dogfighting to be prosecuted vigorously, and we demand justice for all victims of dogfights.

We want Vick and his codefendants—if they are convicted—to be punished to the fullest extent allowed by law. Dogfighting is a coward's "blood sport" that deserves harsh punishment—no matter how famous the alleged perpetrators are.

On Monday, July 30, PETA will hold demonstrations in front of every Niketown store from New York to Los Angeles to call on Nike—which employs Vick as a promotional spokesperson—to sack him.

Already, the pressure is working. Both the NFL and the Atlanta Falcons have taken important "first steps" to discipline Vick by keeping him away from the Falcons' training camp pending their own investigation of the case. In my view, this is the beginning of the end for Vick's career.

We need your help today to make sure the cruelty of dogfighting and companion animal abuse does not fade away from anyone's sight—not that of the public, the media, the prosecutors and judges who try and sentence animal abusers, or the NFL or major corporations like Nike that continue to compensate someone indicted for heinous charges of dogfighting.

PETA has responded to more than 14,000 calls and e-mails regarding other dogfighting cases and individual cruelty-to-animals cases in the last year alone. Our cruelty caseworkers work tirelessly to see that those responsible for violence against dogs, cats, and other animals are charged, prosecuted, and, whenever possible, barred from ever owning or harboring animals again.

Can I count on you to help us continue these lifesaving efforts by supporting our work today?

We urgently need you to do the following:

* Tell Nike to end its association with Michael Vick today. While Nike has pulled Vick's merchandise from its Web site, the company told PETA that it will continue to sell Vick items.

* Help us continue the fight against dogfighters and other animal abusers by making a tax-deductible donation today.

Together, we can make sure dogfighters and other animal abusers know that their cruelty will no longer be tolerated.

For the animals,

Ingrid E. Newkirk
President
Poooopydoodle!!!!

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
Re: Pressure on Nike
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 12:32:42 PM »
PETA sucks. These tree hugging hippies need a better cause to champion.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Asians!
People for the Ethical Treatment of Aliens!
People for the Ethical Treatment of Adonis!

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 12:34:56 PM »
i like meat
I love me some me!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 12:37:34 PM »
Lots of guys beat the hell out of their girlfriends/wives, and nobody cares.

91% of federal cases end in convictions.  I wonder if Vick is feeling lucky?

Scott Markey

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 12:48:46 PM »
I can't stand most of the tree hugging hippies myself. This has nothing to do with wether you are a liberal or a conservative. Dog fighting Pits and what happens to them afterwards makes me sick to my stomach. If Vick is guilty..... They should slam his head into the ground like they did with some of the dogs !!!!

Scott Markey

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 01:07:39 PM »
I just found out about his indictment hearing. His next court appearance is November 4th. That's well into the football season. It's safe to say at minimum , he is done for the year. Other terms included, giving up his passport and he is not allowed to own , buy or sell any dogs.  The consensus is by most attorneys is that Vick will plea bargain and wind up serving 3 to 6 months in jail, as this way he can still come back and have a football carrear. Why does something tell me that with all his money ( getting the best lawyers ) he will somehow get off. I hope I'm wrong if he's guilty of all this.

Kelly Jane

• Getbig II
  • 5'8"
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 01:11:05 PM »
Poooopydoodle!!!!

dseiler

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 01:16:41 PM »
I can't stand most of the tree hugging hippies myself. This has nothing to do with wether you are a liberal or a conservative. Dog fighting Pits and what happens to them afterwards makes me sick to my stomach. If Vick is guilty..... They should slam his head into the ground like they did with some of the dogs !!!!

Agreed.  Here's what follows:

1. He gets suspended for a few games (possibly the season)
2. He has a press conference apologizing to the people, his teammates, the organization, his family.
3. He tells everyone he's going for some form of counseling
4. He loses 99% of his future endorsements.

People WILL forget something like this especially with all the steroids in the MLB and this ref bullshit with the NBA. Let's be honest. The guy is probably the best all around athlete in pro sports and makes tons of money. SOMEONE will take the rap for all this and he'll move on.

Scott Markey

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 01:23:13 PM »
Hey Kelly. Just in case you getbiggers don't know who Kelly Jane is. She's one sweet, Super hot woman ! I know how passionate she feels about this issue because she has a Pitt herself. This dog is the most obedient, well behaved , sweet to everyone, loves kids and doesn't fight with other dogs. ( it's how you raise them ) It's the white trash in this country ( Black too ) that have no business owning one. It's like " hey, look how tough I am " I have a Pitbull. F-n losers.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 01:25:42 PM »
Hey Kelly. Just in case you getbiggers don't know who Kelly Jane is. She's one sweet, Super hot woman ! I know how passionate she feels about this issue because she has a Pitt herself. This dog is the most obedient, well behaved , sweet to everyone, loves kids and doesn't fight with other dogs. ( it's how you raise them ) It's the white trash in this country ( Black too ) that have no business owning one. It's like " hey, look how tough I am " I have a Pitbull. F-n losers.
hahahahaha, i love how these people like Scott are horrified by the violence to the dogs then turn around and advocate "smashing Vick's head into the ground", hahahaa, classic. ;D

Kelly Jane

• Getbig II
  • 5'8"
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 01:28:11 PM »
 ;)
Poooopydoodle!!!!

Kelly Jane

• Getbig II
  • 5'8"
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 01:29:29 PM »
dont be a hypocrite squadfather.  thanks scott.   ;)
Poooopydoodle!!!!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 01:32:52 PM »
dont be a hypocrite squadfather.  thanks scott.   ;)
hahahahaa, ok "kelly", looks like it's the other way around there sweetie, you "animal lovers" are all for the rights of animals yet you advocate violence towards actual human beings, hahaha, hypocrisy at it's finest.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 01:37:30 PM »
whats wrong with dogs fighting

that's just the dogs chance to be a cage fighter

Z

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 01:45:29 PM »
Here is what will happen....

The press will find other issues to report...
People will forget all about this nonsense in the next ten minutes....
Vick will go back to playing football....
Nike will continue paying him....
All will be forgiven....
PETA will slaughter another couple hundred dogs and cats between now and November and it will go unreported like it always does...
Those into BEASTIALITY will continue to be haunted by the idea that good dogs have left the world before they had a chnce to SEX THEM UP. Etc Etc Etc

GET A LIFE PEOPLE. If Kobe fucked a white Bitch and still plays ball what does that say about a dog compared to a white Bitch if Vick gets convicted of anything for having the dogs fight (something they do naturally anyway)?????
C

Scott Markey

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 01:46:12 PM »
Squadfather : You are such a dumb fuck. You douch up every thread ! I suppose you will now go on about how much bigger you are than Michael Vick. Just because I thoroughly owned you on a past thread. You got your panties in a bunch. How you have the nerve to even post on a bodybuilding thread is beyond me. Every post I have ever seen from you has you stating how big you are and how much you lift. Bro we have all seen your ( Distorted mirror pics ) Of your Fat ass with zero muscle. Every camera out there has a self timer on it.
Put the camera on self timer and take a picture straight on . Are you too stupid to do that. You are a big blob of immature, Fat
wannabe bodybuilder who puts everyone down, because you are so insecure about you underdeveloped Fat ass ! Dude, for once and for all. " GO AWAY "  stop trying to hijack this thread. Its about the Vick situation. We don't need you chiming in with your putdowns and what your measurements are, and how big ( FAT ) you are. Not to mention mentally challenged. Remember, You are the
" Village Idiot " Embrace it.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 01:47:53 PM »
Squadfather : You are such a dumb fuck. You douch up every thread ! I suppose you will now go on about how much bigger you are than Michael Vick. Just because I thoroughly owned you on a past thread. You got your panties in a bunch. How you have the nerve to even post on a bodybuilding thread is beyond me. Every post I have ever see from you has you stating how big you are and how much you lift. Bro we have all seen your ( Distorted mirror pics ) Of your Fat ass with zero muscle. Every camera out there has a self timer on it.
Put the camera on self timer and take a picture straight on . Are you too stupid to do that. You are a big blob of immature, Fat
wannabe bodybuilder who puts everyone down, because you are so insecure about you underdeveloped Fat ass ! Dude, for once and for all. " GO AWAY "  stop trying to hijack this thread. Its about the Vick situation. We don't need you chiming in with your putdowns and what your measurements are, and how big ( FAT ) you are. Not to mention mentally challenged. Remember, You are the
" Village Idiot " Embrace it.
hahahahaha, calm down, lay off the Halotestin "big man"........BTW meltdown.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 01:53:36 PM »
I think squadfather is right here about the hypocracy of those who say Vick should have his head smashed for hurting animals.

If you do not believe a dog should be hurt, you shouldn't advocate a human being hurt. Either they're both 'okay', or they're both unacceptable.

yes, Vick is a POS.  no doubt about that.  And the law will have him serving 0-6 years.  Smashing his head on the ground would put you on his level. 

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 01:56:37 PM »
Here is what will happen....

The press will find other issues to report...
People will forget all about this nonsense in the next ten minutes....
Vick will go back to playing football....
Nike will continue paying him....
All will be forgiven....
PETA will slaughter another couple hundred dogs and cats between now and November and it will go unreported like it always does...
Those into BEASTIALITY will continue to be haunted by the idea that good dogs have left the world before they had a chnce to SEX THEM UP. Etc Etc Etc

GET A LIFE PEOPLE. If Kobe fucked a white Bitch and still plays ball what does that say about a dog compared to a white Bitch if Vick gets convicted of anything for having the dogs fight (something they do naturally anyway)?????

look at the Kobe thing, (though this is different for the most part). Vick will throw some $$ around and everyone will forget it happened. everyone except the dude that pops his cherry in prison
I love me some me!!!

Scott Markey

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 01:58:42 PM »
I cannot believe you have the nerve to even post on a bodybuilding board. You talk the tough talk, but you don't walk the walk.
These pics say it all. " PATHETIC "  We don't want to hear about how these distorted pics of your Fat ass  " Just came out that way "
Put on the self timer and take crystal clear pics. Until you do refrain fro posting OK ? You just make yourself look foolish.
Village idiot.

dseiler

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 01:59:36 PM »
look at the Kobe thing, (though this is different for the most part). Vick will throw some $$ around and everyone will forget it happened. everyone except the dude that pops his cherry in prison

It that happens Vick may get drafted into the California Penal as a tight end. Zing!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 02:00:58 PM »
I cannot believe you have the nerve to even post on a bodybuilding board. You talk the tough talk, but you don't walk the walk.
These pics say it all. " PATHETIC "  We don't want to hear about how these distorted pics of your Fat ass  " Just came out that way "
Put on the self timer and take crystal clear pics. Until you do refrain fro posting OK ? You just make yourself look foolish.
Village idiot.
hahaha, funny thing is that i'm bigger than you in those pics, fatter ABSOLUTELY but i'll gaurantee that i have more muscle than you and that i'm stronger than you and i'm clean and you're juiced to the gills, hahahaha, juiced to the gills and 215 pounds, hahahaha, pathetic. ;D

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 02:01:50 PM »
It that happens Vick may get drafted into the California Penal as a tight end. Zing!

he'll go in as a tight end and come out as a wide receiver...
I love me some me!!!

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 02:03:52 PM »
hahaha, funny thing is that i'm bigger than you in those pics, fatter ABSOLUTELY but i'll gaurantee that i have more muscle than you and that i'm stronger than you and i'm clean and you're juiced to the gills, hahahaha, juiced to the gills and 215 pounds, hahahaha, pathetic. ;D

such a lack of intellegence in these (and all) of your statements.

now please proceed to tell me how jacked you are and yadda... yadda... yadda...
I love me some me!!!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 02:03:56 PM »

monster shoulder width.