Author Topic: The secret / law of attraction  (Read 7800 times)

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
Re: The secret / law of attraction
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2007, 08:07:42 PM »
Of course a positive mindset will help you in life. It very well may even help you overcome a disease quicker or even keep you from getting sick. This is no secret though, this is common knowledge. It is also common knowledge that some of the most positive women will still get breast cancer. It's in their genes and they were screwed from the start. No amount of positive thinking will help them prevent that.

The 'secret' claims to be more than a positive mindset. It gives many examples about people visualising items and within a short time frame owning those items. An actual example from the book is from a guy that visualises a certain amount on his bank account. Turns out in a few weeks his limit is raised to that amount. He wasn't visualising specific enough!

If you can't smell the bullshit in that, then well you're a sheep that deserves to be taken advantage of.

I agree with what your saying but remember that some of the most positive out spoken men/woman are also some of the most insecure...Its one thing to present yourself as a very positive person but its not until your inside matches your outside that people can truely do some healing...

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2007, 10:06:04 AM »
Interesting thread!
just push some weight!

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2007, 10:13:11 AM »
http://tv-links.co.uk/show.do/9/5160

not bad

Anything you want takes work, regardless of the vision you have. There has to be a plan.

thats true, but having a plan without desire wont get you nowhere either. if you got the desire, confidence and willpower, the plan will come easily.

Paul Allen

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2007, 10:25:57 AM »
nothing in life can be achieved without rolling up your sleeves and getting into it.

as long as we're all internet experts, i will give you some tips of my own:

1. start your own business

2. save save save (i cannot emphasize this enough)

3. once you've saved enough and can "afford" risk taking ventures (whatever it may be), go and do it

4.  expand your own business

5.  there's no such thing as "setting your own hours" if you're self employed, it just means you went from 8 hour days to 24 hour days

6.  give yourself a set time of rest, whether it's an hour a day of being alone or one week of vacation a year, but set that time for yourself (if you're self employed, you'll find this extremely hard to do )

7.  plan ahead, think of your retirement years....save some more for that

Paul Allen

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2007, 10:27:19 AM »
To add on:

For the people who say "it's not all about money and material things"....um, yes it is.  It is naive to think otherwise, and downright un-American.

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2007, 10:30:52 AM »
also, doing what you love will make all the work and hours seem much eaasier.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2007, 10:33:41 AM »
I use anthony's principles everyday.  Same with napolean hill.  People don't understand that you have to actually put action, and lots of it behind the faith and ideas you have.  What you want has to become an obsession!  Meaning everday and everynight 365days a year.  Not just daydream and recieve.

This thread topic,"the secret", self-help ideas/books/seminars/etc....all come down to consistent, positive effort.   This "secret" uses the term visualization, but you gotta take that term and expand on it and see it more abstractly.   Like all these self-help ideas, miracle diets, miracle training equipment, etc....it all comes down to the effort put into using the product/idea and the other direct/indirect effort that supports the product/idea (ex: the miracle ab product works if you bust your butt on it and bust your butt dieting and training via cardio/weights regularly inconjuction).   The more effort you put forth towards your goal, the more likely you are to achieve them.  This sounds like a no-brainer, but many people need a plan to help them achieve goals (even for common sense type things).  Others find the same plan/strategy ridiculous as they already comprehend what is necessary to achieve a goal (that common sense is already engrained in them).   Now, there is no absolute certainty of success given any plan/strategy, but there is a high probablity that success will more readily achieved if you put forth genuine, gut-busting effort towards a goal....that's the bottom line.   

Paul Allen

« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2007, 10:45:07 AM »
This thread topic,"the secret", self-help ideas/books/seminars/etc....all come down to consistent, positive effort.   This "secret" uses the term visualization, but you gotta take that term and expand on it and see it more abstractly.   Like all these self-help ideas, miracle diets, miracle training equipment, etc....it all comes down to the effort put into using the product/idea and the other direct/indirect effort that supports the product/idea (ex: the miracle ab product works if you bust your butt on it and bust your butt dieting and training via cardio/weights regularly inconjuction).   The more effort you put forth towards your goal, the more likely you are to achieve them.  This sounds like a no-brainer, but many people need a plan to help them achieve goals (even for common sense type things).  Others find the same plan/strategy ridiculous as they already comprehend what is necessary to achieve a goal (that common sense is already engrained in them).   Now, there is no absolute certainty of success given any plan/strategy, but there is a high probablity that success will more readily achieved if you put forth genuine, gut-busting effort towards a goal....that's the bottom line.   

you are wise beyond your years.  everyone's looking for a get rich quick scheme.  it just doesn't exist.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2007, 10:50:48 AM »
you are wise beyond your years.  everyone's looking for a get rich quick scheme.  it just doesn't exist.

I would say the best way to achieve most goals is through constant education, networking, a ton of effort above and beyond the norm, always lookin your best and always exhibiting confidence in yourself and your goal.   

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2007, 10:52:52 AM »
I would say the best way to achieve most goals is through constant education, networking, a ton of effort above and beyond the norm, always lookin your best and always exhibiting confidence in yourself and your goal.   
A little luck doesnt hurt either ... ;D
L

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2007, 10:56:56 AM »

Damn right!

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2007, 11:02:07 AM »
nothing in life can be achieved without rolling up your sleeves and getting into it.

as long as we're all internet experts, i will give you some tips of my own:

1. start your own business

2. save save save (i cannot emphasize this enough)

3. once you've saved enough and can "afford" risk taking ventures (whatever it may be), go and do it

4.  expand your own business

5.  there's no such thing as "setting your own hours" if you're self employed, it just means you went from 8 hour days to 24 hour days

6.  give yourself a set time of rest, whether it's an hour a day of being alone or one week of vacation a year, but set that time for yourself (if you're self employed, you'll find this extremely hard to do )

7.  plan ahead, think of your retirement years....save some more for that

good list. that's what it takes. i spent years building a business and when it began to thrive i could have sat back and lived a pretty good life. instead i took all profits and bought several houses here in Calgary. everyone that knew me said i was stupid and real estate was ready to crash and i would go broke. that was about 6-7 years ago. Calgary ended up with one of the most appreciating real estate markets anywhere, and now those same people are saying i'm a lucky, lazy SOB and that anyone could have made great money if they bought real estate when i did.

books like The Secret, Think and Grow Rich, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, etc. were critical in my becoming comfortable and confident in the ideas i used and were indeed life changing.

rik

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2007, 11:08:52 AM »
Luck is usually nothing more than preparedness meeting opportunity. Except for winning the lottery, which is actually lucky!

Most of you guys are right on. Our belief systems shape how we view ourselves and either propel us forward or hold us back.
BigNationRadio.com

Paul Allen

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2007, 11:12:53 AM »
good list. that's what it takes. i spent years building a business and when it began to thrive i could have sat back and lived a pretty good life. instead i took all profits and bought several houses here in Calgary. everyone that knew me said i was stupid and real estate was ready to crash and i would go broke. that was about 6-7 years ago. Calgary ended up with one of the most appreciating real estate markets anywhere, and now those same people are saying i'm a lucky, lazy SOB and that anyone could have made great money if they bought real estate when i did.

books like The Secret, Think and Grow Rich, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, etc. were critical in my becoming comfortable and confident in the ideas i used and were indeed life changing.

rik

at times like these i like to quote the johnny cash line "how many times have you heard a man say, if i had his money, i'd do things my way".

funny how those without a penny to their name are always full of financial advice for others.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2007, 02:09:32 PM »
at times like these i like to quote the johnny cash line "how many times have you heard a man say, if i had his money, i'd do things my way".

funny how those without a penny to their name are always full of financial advice for others.

It's equivalent of taking arm training advice from the personal trainer at your local Gold's who sports 13" cannons complete with rolled up sleeves and tribal tats.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2007, 06:05:18 PM »
All i can say the secret works, tony robbins is great too. I swear i alway used to focuse on te things that i dont have, and i only made it worse by doing that. I made a shift in positive thinking in less then one week, my confidence is skyhigh right now, and even though im not rich yet, i feel rich just realizing that i can achieve all the things i want. The mind is so powerfull its mindbogling ;D. Ive started my own business, and so far its going great. The funny thing is im getting all these good ideas, i dont believe in coincidence anymore. I see myself as a rich man in the near future, and i feel great just thinking about it, and the more i get confident and get the belief up, the more oppertunities im getting. Motivation and desire are the main elements in life  for me, motivation gets me curious, and from curiosity financial strategy ideas are coming.

Einstein said'' im not a talented man, im just very curious''  and ''imagination is more important than knowledge''

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2007, 06:07:17 PM »
All i can say the secret works, tony robbins is great too. I swear i alway used to focuse on te things that i dont have, and i only made it worse by doing that. I made a shift in positive thinking in less then one week, my confidence is skyhigh right now, and even though im not rich yet, i feel rich just realizing that i can achieve all the things i want. The mind is so powerfull its mindbogling ;D. Ive started my own business, and so far its going great. The funny thing is im getting all these good ideas, i dont believe in coincidence anymore. I see myself as a rich man in the near future, and i feel great just thinking about it, and the more i get confident and get the belief up, the more oppertunities im getting. Motivation and desire are the main elements in life  for me, motivation gets me curious, and from curiosity financial strategy ideas are coming.

Einstein said'' im not a talented man, im just very curious''  and ''imagination is more important than knowledge''
What kind of business did you start?

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2007, 06:20:45 PM »
What kind of business did you start?

I found some good products from oversees, right now a lot of car parts for styling and shit, i know the market, i know what is hot, right now im the only seller for one product in the country, i sell everything on the net, fucking love the internet. I make over 100% pure profit for my products. I keep 90 % of the sales income for future investment.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2007, 06:31:20 PM »
Also whats funny i never had rich friends, but last week i met a girl, and she s fucking loaded with cash, her parents are multimillionairres. Not that i want any money from her, its just funny that i think of cash much lately and i get to meet this rich chick. Fucking love the universum nature.

Also i tell myself, when i get out the house, ok buddy, today you re gonna meet some hot chiks, and i mett some gorgeous women. Im even getting off my antideppressant medicine. Fucking love it.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2007, 06:44:47 PM »
Also whats funny i never had rich friends, but last week i met a girl, and she s fucking loaded with cash, her parents are multimillionairres. Not that i want any money from her, its just funny that i think of cash much lately and i get to meet this rich chick. Fucking love the universum nature.

Also i tell myself, when i get out the house, ok buddy, today you re gonna meet some hot chiks, and i mett some gorgeous women. Im even getting off my antideppressant medicine. Fucking love it.
oh man you shouldn't have told these guys you were on anti depressants...

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2007, 06:49:39 PM »
oh man you shouldn't have told these guys you were on anti depressants...

i told this long time ago, i dont give a fuck, why should they?

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2007, 06:55:01 PM »
There are plenty of people who achieve success in a more conventional sense.  People want a magic bullet and the second a charlatan presents them with some irrationality, superstitious people all over the world jump on it.  Personally I follow the principles in the book "Think and Grow Rich" and will own my house free and clear in one month.  There are scores of people in the world who do not follow "the secret" and achieve great success.

Those high achievers have all 1 thing in common, a good mindset. The secret is basically to become a positive person, the most of the rich are high value and positive people, so they do use the secret in their own way( criminals not included).

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2007, 06:57:42 PM »
People on here will use any excuse to talk shit about you.  Furthermore, they will question your state of mind if you are currently medicated.

ive been on getbig for 5/6 years i know how it works, it doesnt bother me one bit, othermans opinion. I can tell you one thing about antidepressant, they do work, but they dont solve the problem, you have to be willing to change otherwise drugs wont do you any good.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2007, 08:36:35 AM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VDm1g4zw8Hs

this video is great, I still watch it.