Author Topic: Pro lifers, please explain...  (Read 1033 times)

bigandbrolic

• Getbig II
Pro lifers, please explain...
« on: July 27, 2007, 06:18:06 PM »
why are so many pro lifers who adopt are choosing to adopt children from other countries and not america? I've worked in the social services field and their is over 700,000 children in the us that is in need of a permanent home.
I am a grown ass man

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Pro lifers, please explain...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 10:30:59 AM »
I have no idea.  My neighbors adopted a Chinese girl and some other friends adopted a Russian baby.  Maybe they figure the American kids will have decent lives whether they are adopted or not and the kids in other countries will die or have terrible lives?  I don't know. 

When my neighbor went to pick up her daughter she said she saw a Chinese girl about 8 years old pulling a cart through the streets while about 6 men were throwing some kind of goods onto it. 
R

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 07:45:16 AM »
why are so many pro lifers who adopt are choosing to adopt children from other countries and not america? I've worked in the social services field and their is over 700,000 children in the us that is in need of a permanent home.
That's something that has bugged me for quite some time, bro.  I don't get it.  I know a couple from my church who adopted two kids, and they are doing wonderful.  These two couldn't have kids of their own, so they adopted, and I was glad to see them stay in the States to do it.  But by far, the others that I've known have always adopted from either from the Orient (mostly China), or a Slavic country.  The one couple that I know who's waiting on a child from China said that it's extremely cumbersome going through the adoption agencies here in the US.  If that's true, then we are shooting ourselves in the foot by making the "red tape" so burdensome that we can't take care of our own children who have been orphaned. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 11:15:09 AM »
I know of a number of people who have gone overseas to adopt as well.  I think it's a shame. 

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 09:48:52 AM »
IM from ireland.

Following chernoble, there was huge problems with health issues aparticularly with young people. these health issues still exist to a huge degree from a large area around chernoble.

there is an irish programme where veery summer you bring over a russian child for a few weeks. it apparantly adds years to their lives. cos everything is so clean and fresh here

however i agree you should perhaps only adopt from your own country/race/culture etc.