Author Topic: Human Weapon on History Channel  (Read 3819 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Human Weapon on History Channel
« on: July 28, 2007, 04:29:43 AM »
 A show about different Martials arts around the world. I missed the first 3 minutes and the last 30 mins, but they had two dudes from the US learning Escrima in the Phillipines. It was extremely good how they broke it down and showed how lethal it could be. Especially the opening sequences where they had two dudes fighting in the streets and one had a knife and other dude was getting cut up.

It comes on Fridays @10 PM Eastern on Histroy Channel. Next show is about Karate.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Human Weapon on History Channel
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 08:22:58 PM »
Karate is the grand daddy.

I watched a bit last night, not the whole thing. It was pretty cool that something like fighting could be a part of culture.

Did you watch the one about Thailand? Pretty brutal. Involving muitai(wrong spelling?)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 09:35:24 PM »

I watched a bit last night, not the whole thing. It was pretty cool that something like fighting could be a part of culture.

Did you watch the one about Thailand? Pretty brutal. Involving muitai(wrong spelling?)
yeah i saw the thailand one. its a pretty cool show. the fight at the end was a big letdown though. lol i like how they always choose the smaller guy to challenge. the little asians want nothing do do with that big wrestler-looking white guy. they must have seen Bloodsport hahah

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 05:32:43 AM »
I only caught the trailer for those two. Eskrima looked pretty good, and I think that is what they had Jason Bourne use in the Born Supremacy movie. It was a good learning program...

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 08:38:02 AM »

Karate is complete bollocks, I trained in it as a child. I got to brown belt, won a few tournaments etc, but my older brother still used to beat the shit out of me on a daily basis, and the only training he had was being a big fat cnut!

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 10:47:51 AM »
I only caught the trailer for those two. Eskrima looked pretty good, and I think that is what they had Jason Bourne use in the Born Supremacy movie. It was a good learning program...
I was very impressed by the fighting in those movies, if it is good enough for Jason Bourne then it is good enough for me  8)

Slin1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 10:53:26 AM »
 Mauy thai I saw that show to about Thailand i hope their is more
Money drugs and bitches

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 12:29:06 PM »
Karate is complete bollocks, I trained in it as a child. I got to brown belt, won a few tournaments etc, but my older brother still used to beat the shit out of me on a daily basis, and the only training he had was being a big fat cnut!

You didn't have the eye of the tiger..

Kung-FU is the grandaddy, I was mistaken.

You should try Bruce Lee's fighting style.. it focus on practical self defense and actual fighting/conditioning.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 12:30:38 PM »
I wonder what the MMA guys think of the program

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 12:49:28 PM »
A lot of those fighting styles have more to do with tradition and form than they have to do with actual fighting. Of course they can be used practically, but they aren't taught that way because then you'd have soccor moms whining and bitching.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 12:52:45 PM »

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 02:15:11 PM »
There is a programme on bbc called last man standing 3 yanks and 3 brits travel all over the world to amazon india mongolia etc to learn various fighting in a weke the fight the top locals etc

the done aki kiti, stick fighting some mad wrestling everything was awesome.

all are athletes.

muay thai is awesome. i know a few guys who fight in it. my mate is a top boxer and very good mma fighter was offered a pro fight in it.

its briutal there are 9 weapons. tho the 9th the head is not usually used abymore. 2 elbows knees fists and feet are the otehr 8.

its particularly tough on the skins takes around 6 months to condiotion to it

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 02:57:49 PM »
muai tai is badass.

Chuck Norris would approve of it.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 03:52:34 PM »
thanks, so far all that has been shown so far is eskrima and karate and muay thai right?

here is the muay thai episode part 1 follow the links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78EJXufrjEU

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 05:36:22 PM »

It's Muay Thai. Best martial art on the planet! National sport of Thailand too.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 05:53:33 PM »
It's Muay Thai. Best martial art on the planet! National sport of Thailand too.
but it still doesnt beat Gun. they should let pro fighters use knives and guns

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 06:07:49 PM »

hahaha, if only. Bloodsport with swords would be pretty badass.  :D

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 06:16:42 PM »

It's pretty brutal..

In the old days the thai fighters used hemp cloth to cover their hands and used no gloves..  :o Fights would last till the other was out of it. People died and it was hardcore.  :o

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 03:15:35 PM »
I like that show. If I remember the stats correctly there has never been another martial arts blackbelt champion that has beaten a Thai champion. I forget where I heard that...but I personally like Brazillian Ju Jujitsu. From my experience most fights end up on the ground so if you can dominate with grappling and locks...then you have it made.

I've seen a karate black belt get his ass kicks at a local mixed tourny before by a BJJ fighter. In fact the fighter won the tourny all together.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 05:41:33 PM »
I like that show. If I remember the stats correctly there has never been another martial arts blackbelt champion that has beaten a Thai champion. I forget where I heard that...but I personally like Brazillian Ju Jujitsu. From my experience most fights end up on the ground so if you can dominate with grappling and locks...then you have it made.

I've seen a karate black belt get his ass kicks at a local mixed tourny before by a BJJ fighter. In fact the fighter won the tourny all together.

If you see the preview for the Karate episode, there is a Exhibition fight, between a dude who looks like a bully and a smaller dude. The smaller dude was doing all this really pathetic hits, but the bigger dude was tossing and hitting him to the ground. That was no exhibition!!It was pathetic.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 10:12:24 AM »
That's cause all that triple spin kick b.s.  ::)only works if you have enough space do it, are fast as hell and have power added to that speed...

..maybe it's just my rugby experience (or the irish in me ;D) but when I'm aiming to take you down, expect my shoulder to be implanted through your sternum and touch your spine as I bury you into the fucking ground. If you can breath or move with fractured ribs after that, expect to try and dodge a barrage of punches and stomps as I tower about you.

In a fight...there are no rules in my book. I won't keep my respectable distance, let you get up or try and "take your punch" so I can seem tough to onlookers. In my book..if you sign up for it, your gonna take it.

Hence why most of the Cage winners are Ju-Jitsu practitioners...get in, get close, take down, lock em up, pummel / break shit.

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 07:21:40 AM »
A show about different Martials arts around the world. I missed the first 3 minutes and the last 30 mins, but they had two dudes from the US learning Escrima in the Phillipines. It was extremely good how they broke it down and showed how lethal it could be. Especially the opening sequences where they had two dudes fighting in the streets and one had a knife and other dude was getting cut up.

It comes on Fridays @10 PM Eastern on Histroy Channel. Next show is about Karate.

It was extremely good on screen. In real life USA, if you get in the street fight, you probably get shot. End of story. Don't get me wrong, I love martial arts as an hobby and sport, but fact is that world best self defence is still fast feets. If you can run 100 meters in 9 seconds flat, you are invincible in street fights. Read that carefully, it may be best advise you get in this life.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 12:36:13 AM »
Did karate for a few years, muay thai and mma for a year, so I'm capable to be an internet bad ass and a self proclaimed cage fighter on this forum.   ;D

But seriously, if I would take lessons again it would be krav maga. Cut the crap, all business.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 12:29:16 PM »
the savate episode was average.

I like the show but the hosts are jokes.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 12:43:05 PM »
the show is awesome. while i sit there watching it i can just feel myself becoming a fighting master