Author Topic: Another damn HRT q  (Read 1039 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Another damn HRT q
« on: July 28, 2007, 06:09:25 AM »
Ok, you all advised me that HRT sized doses will probably mean 1 step foreward, 2 steps back, so do a real cycle or don't dabble at all.  I've got some new info which tho which I want to run past ya.

Had a couple blood tests done, and the most recent showed:

Test - 15.5 in a range of 9.9-27.8 or 0-100, I'm 31
SHBG - 30 in a range of 15-45 or 0-100, I'm 50
Free Test - 338 in a range of 260-740 or 0-100, I'm 16
Salivary Test - <.07 in a range of .5-1.2 or 0-100, Im -61!?! WTF?
DHEAS - 5.8 in a range of 4.34 - 12.2 or 0-100, I'm 18

These numbers differ from the first bloodwork which showed higher than middle of the range test production, very high SHBGs, and also lower than average free test.

The doc told me I have "adrenal fatigue."  Basiclly, my adrenal system is burned out (low test maybe a carry over from low DHEA production?).

Since my numbers are so low, do you guys still think HRT sized doses would do more harm than good, or would I get enough benefits to justify short term use (under 12 months)?  Doc says he'll give me what it takes to get me into the upper end of the range, which I suspect would be like a whole other world.  Basically, I'm very tempted.  ;)

I'm 34 tho, and not staying on HRT forever, so I don't want any disasters when I come off.  I'll ask the doc about HCG and whatever else you reckon on Mon.

Trab - I know you're gonna tell me off for this ;D, but I wanted to show ya these numbers.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Another damn HRT q
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 07:15:16 AM »
I'm 34 tho, and not staying on HRT forever, so I don't want any disasters when I come off.  I'll ask the doc about HCG and whatever else you reckon on Mon.

Not sure I understand??  What will happen where you will not need HRT anymore?  HRT is not a cure.  Do feel the HRT will help you bring natural test back up or something?  Why would you stop the HRT?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 08:57:57 AM »
L2H,

The short answer is: I have a temporary condition which is screwing up T production, so after it's healed I won't need the HRT anymore.  The more detailed answer is...

The main problem is "adrenal exhaustion" (aka "adrenal fatigue") depending on how far advanced it is.  I don't understand it too well yet, but basically stress (both emotional and physical) causes your adrenals to preferentially promote cortisol production to excessive levels.  This leaves other adrenal hormones (like DHEA) in underproduction and also runs the adrenals at unsustainable levels causing burnout, and the effects ripple through the endocrine system (and other systems).  I've been under a fair bit of stress for over 15 years now  :P, I'm a very driven guy in a lot of ways, and I tend to overtrain.  I'm guessing I'm not the only one on this board.  Bodybuilders aren't lazy bastards - if anything we probably push too hard, in life as well as the gym.

The road to recovery can be a long one, depending on how fucked up you are, but it's recoverable.  Once my adrenals and endocrine system are flourishing again, I won't have any need for the HRT.  Doc suggested test therapy last time I saw him, but I'm not sure if he meant it would help with recovery or just provide a higher quality of life in the meantime.  Got another appointment on Mon, so I'm gonna give him the list of questions.

Someone on this board said they thought [responsible] AAS use caused higher natural test levels when off cycle.  It'd be pretty cool if the endo system tended to restore natural levels to what the body was used to while on HRT, but who knows... 8)

This much I know for sure - current levels are unacceptable.  :(

So given these numbers and the fact that the HRT (not a supraphysiological dose, but upper end of the range) would be for as long as it takes my system to heal, what do you guys think?  Is HRT still gonna be one step foreward 2 steps back, or would it be justified?  Also, what sort of lag time would you anticipate to start endogenous production again after coming off assuming HCG was available (also Arimidex or another anti-E if needed)?

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 09:46:55 AM »
If you'd get like 250-300 mg per week, that would help you plenty.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 10:28:13 AM »
Yep.  Saw the man today.

1st shot is 250mg sust, every 10 days thereafter it's 100mg sust + a test/dhea lozenge.  I'm too stupid to note wtf the test/dhea lozenge is composed of.  :P  I'll see on Wed.  Anything is up from here, and it's not like the guy said he'd gimmie 50 mg or some shit.

He's talking about a 3 month cycle w/ hcg to come off and then see how the system is doing.  He laughed at me when I asked if he had Arimidex just in case. ::)  Guess that's pretty goofy at this kinda dose.  I busted the poor doc's ass plenty about Leydig Cell atrophy, but he assured me 3 months is fine at this dose.

I'm a paranoid bastard, huh?  ;D

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 04:50:16 PM »
YOur not paranoid at all. One 250mg shot of Testoviron has given PLENTY OF GUYS GYNO! :(

Is this Dr from a HRT Clinic, or a more public type health care facility?
HRT joints are BUSINESSES that want your money - BADLY.

Your test numbers are about middle it looks like. Nothing seriously out of whack? Or did I miss sumfin?

I dont buy the "adrenal exhaustion". I smell - HRT Dr needs BMW payments! ;)

"A cycle will raise your Nat levels after you come off"? ???  Ok, Then so will cutting off a testicle maybe?
THat is total bullshit. Our testo levels go up and down but have a general range.

If they was willin to sell me real deal and self administer at a decent price, I'd buy.
Less than along the lines of 400mgs of TE or TC per week + 200 Deca for 10weeks on the Deca and 16 on the testo is a waste IMO.

There are plenty Drs talking out they ass on this subject. Ask him if He uses it himself.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 05:20:40 PM »
I forgot - Anyone who goes on even a 200mg wk/ course of Testo w/ out at least 100 tabs of nolva on hand, or a supply of Ai's is asking for trouble, unless they are so well connected that they KNOW they can get them immediately anytime they want.

Not trying to ruin your party, just don't want you with a bad surprise. And Most Drs know less than nothing about AAS.

If you have low sex drive, or performance/function problems, lost weight, no energy, feel basically depressed and had low numbers, then you'd be a candidate for HRT doses - permanently.

Want to gain Muscle? Then I'd do it the proven way instead of muck'n it up.

Forget the DHEA entirely. Snake oil. You could Spend that money on hookers instead.