Author Topic: BenchMonster Kennelly wins Ukrainian All Stars with 1,036 pound bench!  (Read 4122 times)

Sean Katterle

• Getbig II
Ryan Kennelly benched 1,036 pounds today at the WPO Stars of the Bench in the Ukraine. That gave Kennelly the win and the new All-Time Record in the bench press. Kennelly surpasses Gene Rychlak's 1,010 pound effort.

Rob Luyando benched 903 pounds which is a new All-Time Record in the 242 pound class, besting his own mark. Luyando hit his 850 pound opener, 881 pound second, and missed a 921 pound fourth attempt.

Scot Mendelson benched 986 pounds.

Da BenchMonster is da man!

Does this lift on a world class stage on the other side of the planet in a foreign country - he's the real deal all the way!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
how much does he bench without the shirt?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
how much does he bench without the shirt?
at least the bar ;)

bench

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Probably hits 675-725 raw. Dont know if he will ever test himself though? As soon as he's injured its over, no more 1000+ bench.

chaos

• Getbig V
Probably hits 675-725 raw. Dont know if he will ever test himself though? As soon as he's injured its over, no more 1000+ bench.

so by wearing the shirt he gains 300lbs on his bench :o

that's alot of assistance.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Not that simple.  Put on a shirt and then tell me how easy it is.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
first time i used one i only added 20lbs to my max,after two months of practice with it i was up 164lbs.and then it ripped and i never bought another one.

bench

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?

It takes a lot to "learn the shirt."

He would definately tear something if he went anywhere near his max shirted bench without it.

Im no hater though. Go with what works! 8)

John O

• Getbig III
Re: BenchMonster Kennelly wins Ukrainian All Stars with 1,036 pound bench!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 10:33:11 AM »
Sorry guys,  and this is JMO but when  gear adds THAT much, it's no longer saftey equipment but falls into the  Performance-enhancing catagory .

Thats insane to me.... a shirt adding 300/ 400 lbs. when I wore my shirt the only real diffrence was making the lift w/shirt--- missing it  w/o shirt.  and even then it took 2 people to get it off.  but that was 20 years ago. So as long as it's a level playing field what the heck! But  I can see it now...........Non- powerlifer-  " How much you bench?" ..  "800"....   "Ah come on! prove it".. Sorry can't I don't have my shirt with me. but I can bench 500 with out it!
Masters- 50-54
148#

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 09:26:37 PM »
not saying anything "bad" about the shirt, it just surprises me how much "assistance" a piece of equipment like that can add to a lift. If it is approved gear for a comp. then I would suspect if you didn't have a shirt, you would be left behind.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

wannabehuge

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 11:09:10 PM »
I live in Moses Lake WA, and I get to lift with Ryan every now and then. It pisses me off when people question how strong Ryan is with out the shirt. The guy is a freak, he is crazy strong with or with out the shirt. Just u-tube him, he easily benches 600 twice raw and i think that was a while ago. So everybody that says "its just the shirt", eat a dick and a bowl of balls. A 1036 lbs is bad ass. Congrats Bro!!!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 02:28:44 AM »
Funny how that fat fcuk Kidder goes and tries to act like he's the fcuking man over in Ukraine.

I bet he didn't spend one fcuking dime on the whole event, but rather had the promotor pay everything.

Wouldn't surprise me if Kidder is using part of the money he's getting from the promotor to pay the money he still owes people from 2005. ::)

I think it's karma though. And Kidder will learn that it's very different to fcuk with an Ukrainian "entrepreneur", than to fcuk up an average joe.

As empty as paradise

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 11:19:17 AM »
Kidder is indeed a fucking retard.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 07:13:29 PM »
It is great to see that Ryan has done it.
sept 10th APF

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 10:17:50 PM »
first time i used a bench shirt i hit 575 i hit 455 raw no bounce, wit a second pause and using a  less than a sub par arch

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 11:21:15 AM »
I live in Moses Lake WA, and I get to lift with Ryan every now and then. It pisses me off when people question how strong Ryan is with out the shirt. The guy is a freak, he is crazy strong with or with out the shirt. Just u-tube him, he easily benches 600 twice raw and i think that was a while ago. So everybody that says "its just the shirt", eat a dick and a bowl of balls. A 1036 lbs is bad ass. Congrats Bro!!!

that's why I asked about his non-shirted lift, to see what his "real" strength is.

the fact that you flipped out about it only shows that your dosage is a little too high.
like someone said above, when it adds several hundred pounds to a lift, it is an enhancement, not safety.

BTW, wannabe, nice meltdown, sissy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 01:08:39 PM »
in his dvd, Kennelly benched 405 for 20 reps raw. that's pretty damn strong