Author Topic: Ryan Kenelley benches 1036lb in Ukraine!  (Read 7846 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Ryan Kenelley benches 1036lb in Ukraine!
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2007, 04:55:49 AM »
This kind of reminds me of the incident that got retards banned from competing in the Paralympics:

Spain won the Retard Class in Basketball. Party-Party, Fiesta-Fiesta, right?

Not quite. After the Paralympics it turned out that several, if not all, of the players on the team, weren't retarded. But just acted like they were.

After this little mishap, the Paralympics realized that anyone could act retarded if they really tried. ;D

Well, actually competing in a game for retarded if you aren't retarded IS quite retarded. So that means they couldn't be disqualified i guess.

Paradox, huh??

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2007, 05:22:04 AM »
The drug free movement in this country and worldwide is the single most retarded thing ever to exist in sports.Guys like DR.WADLER and Dick Pound [a perfect name for him]have done more to kill athletics then any two men on the face of the earth.What drug free federations do is to presume guilt and YOU have to prove innocense,something totally against everything this country stands for.Drug testing is a violation of civil rights plain and simple.Its the same thing as police busting in your door hoping to find you doing something wrong.Compete drug free if you want,but dont try to enforce your twisted views of morality on me.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2007, 05:23:59 AM »
Bench shirts have been in the sport for thirty freaking years.Yes,they add numbers,but if everyone uses them,what seems to be the problem.I know that synthol,calf implants,t-3,dnp,growth hormone etc. is what makes bodybuilding far more legit,but gear in powerlifting is here to stay.By the way,everytime they try to put on a RAW meet,NO ONE SHOWS UP because they are boooooooooring as hell.

WHY USE THEM AT ALL? It defeats the purpose of finding out how strong you actually are.
The House that Ruth built

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2007, 05:25:14 AM »
The drug free movement in this country and worldwide is the single most retarded thing ever to exist in sports.

Guys like DR.WADLER and Dick Pound [a perfect name for him]have done more to kill athletics then any two men on the face of the earth.
What drug free federations do is to presume guilt and YOU have to prove innocense,something totally against everything this country stands for.

Drug testing is a violation of civil rights plain and simple. Its the same thing as police busting in your door hoping to find you doing something wrong. Compete drug free if you want,but dont try to enforce your twisted views of morality on me.

How about laying off the roids and investing in typewriting lessons?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2007, 05:42:59 AM »
How about actually going to a gym and train.This is a lifting forum is it not?One would think the first qualification should be to actually lift.Then again,your a drug free nut swinger so why would I expect you to lift.Carry on little man.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2007, 05:44:44 AM »
The drug free movement in this country and worldwide is the single most retarded thing ever to exist in sports.Guys like DR.WADLER and Dick Pound [a perfect name for him]have done more to kill athletics then any two men on the face of the earth.What drug free federations do is to presume guilt and YOU have to prove innocense,something totally against everything this country stands for.Drug testing is a violation of civil rights plain and simple.Its the same thing as police busting in your door hoping to find you doing something wrong.Compete drug free if you want,but dont try to enforce your twisted views of morality on me.

I disagree.

Dick Pound is a standup guy who's done more than most to take sports to a new level. I don't see how you think he's such a bad guy for helping sports to uphold their drugfree policies? What's wrong with trying to make it a level playing field?

If Pound is successful, it will be like in untested powerlifting. A level playing field. And I don't see what's wrong with that.

Vinokourov, Rasmussen, Sinkewitz and the other big time cyclists getting caught during the Tour de France is a testament that it will be possible to win at the highest level without using. It becomes more difficult to cheat.

Also, nobody is forcing you to compete in these sports. It's a free choice to participate in these sports, and if you do, then you are agreeing with the rules of these federations.

Quite simple.

Another thing: I don't see how drugfree federations are presuming guilt. Quite the contrary. If the A-test is positive, the B-sample will be tested, if the athlete asks for it. If the first test is negative, the B-sample isn't touched.

And the drugfree feds I know of never bans anyone until there is a positive test. Most federations don't even ban until there is a ruling, they will just give out a temporary suspension while the case is discussed.

And sometimes not even that.

So I don't understand how you can state that drugfree feds presume guilt. Please give an example of such then. And don't give me Lance Armstrong. Because Lance Armstrong has never been accused by any fed, but rather by media.

As empty as paradise

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2007, 05:45:08 AM »
How about actually going to a gym and train.This is a lifting forum is it not?One would think the first qualification should be to actually lift.Then again,your a drug free nut swinger so why would I expect you to lift.Carry on little man.

hahaha, meltdown!!

Plus, as a bonus, the typicla fear of drug users that a natural could actually be better then they are. At least, we don't cheat to lift heavy.  :-* :-*

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2007, 05:45:40 AM »

Bill, congrats on your lifting achievements. We have pretenders here who could NEVER pull off a 2X Body Weight bench
even w/ the best coaching and custom tailored double ply shirt and free access to any steroid. Your raw bench will kill most of their. SO will mine.
One even told me when I tried to help him increase his bench "I have no interest in increasing my bench".
This is just jealous put down. What are their accomplishments in Life? ;D Not fucking much I will tell you.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2007, 05:46:19 AM »
Soon, there will be hydraulic pumps in the sleeves of the bench shirts!!  Bodybuilders wear knee wraps/elbow sleeves/wrist wraps as support for joints.  I dont know anyone who's has elbow wraps that increases their bench by 300 pounds.

QFT right there!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2007, 05:48:50 AM »
I disagree.

Dick Pound is a standup guy who's done more than most to take sports to a new level. I don't see how you think he's such a bad guy for helping sports to uphold their drugfree policies? What's wrong with trying to make it a level playing field?

If Pound is successful, it will be like in untested powerlifting. A level playing field. And I don't see what's wrong with that.

Vinokourov, Rasmussen, Sinkewitz and the other big time cyclists getting caught during the Tour de France is a testament that it will be possible to win at the highest level without using. It becomes more difficult to cheat.

Also, nobody is forcing you to compete in these sports. It's a free choice to participate in these sports, and if you do, then you are agreeing with the rules of these federations.

Quite simple.

Another thing: I don't see how drugfree federations are presuming guilt. Quite the contrary. If the A-test is positive, the B-sample will be tested, if the athlete asks for it. If the first test is negative, the B-sample isn't touched.

And the drugfree feds I know of never bans anyone until there is a positive test. Most federations don't even ban until there is a ruling, they will just give out a temporary suspension while the case is discussed.

And sometimes not even that.

So I don't understand how you can state that drugfree feds presume guilt. Please give an example of such then. And don't give me Lance Armstrong. Because Lance Armstrong has never been accused by any fed, but rather by media.

IF YOU DONT THINK ALL THE CYCLISTS CHEAT YOUR STUPID!
The gearing is humanly impossible to run the grades inthe time they do today. They are the worst of the worst.
EVERY SINGLE ONE!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2007, 05:53:53 AM »
Bill, congrats on your lifting achievements. We have pretenders here who could NEVER pull off a 2X Body Weight bench
even w/ the best coaching and custom tailored double ply shirt and free access to any steroid. Your raw bench will kill most of their. SO will mine.
One even told me when I tried to help him increase his bench "I have no interest in increasing my bench".
This is just jealous put down. What are their accomplishments in Life? ;D Not fucking much I will tell you.

Hhaahaa, do you really mean this???

Is that what you accomplish? A better bench? Pathetic.

I care for my family, my job, being healthy and enjoying life, having fun in lifting.

My bench is the last thing on the line. It's absolutely unimportant in life how much you bench.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2007, 06:21:40 AM »
The gearing is humanly impossible to run the grades inthe time they do today. They are the worst of the worst.
EVERY SINGLE ONE!

TBH, I have a bit of trouble understanding your post. Could you perhaps clearify?

As empty as paradise

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2007, 06:32:34 AM »
TBH, I have a bit of trouble understanding your post. Could you perhaps clearify?

Do you think every one of the cyclists dont cheat? If so your in fantasy land.
Piss tests may as well be thrown out totaly. They are SO easy to beat. Blood test is likely not much harder  to beat today. Drugs are EVERYWHERE in the top levels of sports. Records were set by Dopers, they will not be broken by Naturals. Simple.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2007, 06:35:42 AM »
Hhaahaa, do you really mean this???

Is that what you accomplish? A better bench? Pathetic.

I care for my family, my job, being healthy and enjoying life, having fun in lifting.

My bench is the last thing on the line. It's absolutely unimportant in life how much you bench.

Do you have children? Billy does Im sure. I do to. Im quite healthy thank you.
It may be unimportant to you how much you bench, it is a pursuit of strength for many.
And the more you can bench, the thicker your torso gets.

BTW, I care quite well 4 my family, Im sure Im living much better than you ever will ;)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2007, 06:39:07 AM »
EVERY SINGLE ONE!

Trab,

I used to race against guys like Andy Hampsten (Giro d' Italia winner). We climbed in 39x 23 gearing, which for a guy weighing 140 pounds, means you can climb moderately steep grades at 16+ mph. I weighed 152 at the time and was always dropped when guys like him gassed it. I was not on his level. lol. At least not on the climbs.

In the modern Tour de France, the gearing hasn't changed at all. Lance Armstrong  reportedly used 39x 21 and 39x22 cogs on Alpe d'Huez when he won the time trial a few years ago. He had a faster turnover (cadence) than most but that was about it.

For comparison, the great Eddy Merckx was a gear grinder, and reports back int he day had him using 44 x 21 or larger on may steep climbs. So if anything, the gearing has gotten lower, not higher.

Do some cyclists dope? Absolutely. Do all cyclists dope? No way. I trained with Steve Bauer (former yellow jersey winner at the Tour) and he is adamantly against drugs. he refused to join a Spanish team because he was told he had to subscribe to their medical program, in the early 90's. He knew what that meant, so he declined.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2007, 06:45:27 AM »
Do you think every one of the cyclists dont cheat? If so your in fantasy land.
Piss tests may as well be thrown out totaly. They are SO easy to beat. Blood test is likely not much harder  to beat today. Drugs are EVERYWHERE in the top levels of sports. Records were set by Dopers, they will not be broken by Naturals. Simple.

In cycling, there are blood tests. They test the hematocrit levels of all the cyclists during the season, and if the levels differs too much, they will be suspended five days for medical reasons, but also monitored further.

Jan Ullrich was tested 20 times last May, eg.

I don't know all the ins and outs about the drug testing, but I know that there's been a drastic drop in results in a quite a few sports. Which is a tell tale sign of effective anti-doping activity.

But as far as cycling, I think you and I are pretty much in agreement: Most riders are or at least used to be on EPO or other enhancing drugs.

This year we've seen a slight change in how the cycle races were ran: no more high speed "trains", leading off for Petacchi or Cippolini, meaning that the sprint teams couldn't hold the extreme speed for the last mile.

But some cases are very suspect: How did DiLuca and Rasmussen go from being crappy Time Trialists to producing awesome on those stages?

So yeah, obviously still lots of shit going on in cycling.

Your statement about how the piss tests are easy to beat, please elaborate.

As empty as paradise

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2007, 07:05:56 AM »
How would lifting not be important on a lifting website?If your so proud of you family,go post on a family website.By the way ANYONE who says steroid use is cheating is an obvious lunatic who doesnt know crap about lifting.If there is no testing how can it be cheating?Typical nut job drug free idiot.Dont care about what you lift or what your built like the get the F$$K out of here and leave the lifting talk to avtual lifters.Screwball!!!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2007, 07:15:42 AM »
How would lifting not be important on a lifting website?If your so proud of you family,go post on a family website.By the way ANYONE who says steroid use is cheating is an obvious lunatic who doesnt know crap about lifting.If there is no testing how can it be cheating?Typical nut job drug free idiot.Dont care about what you lift or what your built like the get the F$$K out of here and leave the lifting talk to avtual lifters.Screwball!!!

Obviously, it's only cheating as long as you compete, and use, in drugfree organisations.

Using and competing in nontested federations is a totally different story. The only thing that could interfer then, is whether the substances are legal or not. But I see this as a different issue.

In a federation where the rules stipulate the athletes to be drugfree, it would be important to upheld those rules.

That's why IFBB could be considered hypocritical when they don't impliment drug testing on their Pro bodybuilders.

They claim to have a drugfree federation, but do little to upheld that.

IMO, IFBB should either drop the anti-doping policy altogether, or start walking the walk.
As empty as paradise

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2007, 12:25:13 PM »
Trab,

I used to race against guys like Andy Hampsten (Giro d' Italia winner). We climbed in 39x 23 gearing, which for a guy weighing 140 pounds, means you can climb moderately steep grades at 16+ mph. I weighed 152 at the time and was always dropped when guys like him gassed it. I was not on his level. lol. At least not on the climbs.

In the modern Tour de France, the gearing hasn't changed at all. Lance Armstrong  reportedly used 39x 21 and 39x22 cogs on Alpe d'Huez when he won the time trial a few years ago. He had a faster turnover (cadence) than most but that was about it.

For comparison, the great Eddy Merckx was a gear grinder, and reports back int he day had him using 44 x 21 or larger on may steep climbs. So if anything, the gearing has gotten lower, not higher.

Do some cyclists dope? Absolutely. Do all cyclists dope? No way. I trained with Steve Bauer (former yellow jersey winner at the Tour) and he is adamantly against drugs. he refused to join a Spanish team because he was told he had to subscribe to their medical program, in the early 90's. He knew what that meant, so he declined.

Thanks, I dont know a lot about the sport. Frankly the absurd levels of hemocrit manipulation is what got my interest.
I gusee I was swayed by, the ESPN story. Writers neither compete or dope. I can tell you know what your talk'n about.
Competition at these levels is fierce in any sport. hypobaric chambers and training facilities ::).
I bet if we all could know the whole Gods eye truth of how many competitors use some little edge of one kind or another it would  be shocking. Hey, in the end the best wins! They all can cheat. Its a matter of getting away with it.
Frankly, the hemocrit levels some of these guys have run would kill many of the general population is my understanding. Oxygen in Blood Baby! Choke down some Anapolons and pump some iron and tell me your impression ;)!
No, not all are on EPO. But there's geting to be a lot of very strange unknown compounds used all the time.

Good luck with your sporting pursuits :).  I honestly dont know that much about the cyclists, but they are becoming more interesting all the time.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2007, 01:02:24 PM »
Your statement about how the piss tests are easy to beat, please elaborate.

There are so many drugs that can't be tested for. So many drugs not even on the list. Take insulin for example. If a cyclist hooks himself up to an IV and shoots insulin to recover quicker then IMO that is not very "drug free".

And Patrick Arnold is hardly the only one with the VIDA book, so I'm sure there are tons of designer steroids made and used.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2007, 01:13:47 PM »
There are so many drugs that can't be tested for. So many drugs not even on the list. Take insulin for example. If a cyclist hooks himself up to an IV and shoots insulin to recover quicker then IMO that is not very "drug free".

And Patrick Arnold is hardly the only one with the VIDA book, so I'm sure there are tons of designer steroids made and used.

Insulin seems like a good choice for a cyclist straight after a stage, since it's a very anabolic hormone, and the body levels probably returns to normal fairly quick?

BTW, what is the "VIDA book"?

As empty as paradise

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2007, 01:19:58 PM »
Insulin seems like a good choice for a cyclist straight after a stage, since it's a very anabolic hormone, and the body levels probably returns to normal fairly quick?

BTW, what is the "VIDA book"?

Vida, Julius A. Androgens and Anabolic Agents: Chemistry and Pharmacology. Academic Press 1969.
It's a book about steroids, their anabolic/androgenic ratings and such. All the designer steroids that were, and still are sold OTC are in there. That's how the supplement companies found them. Since a lot of them were never sold commercially or tested in humans they are not on any banned list.

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2007, 01:24:59 PM »

hey MIMNAUGH,

Your fat, roided up ass is getting handed to you in this thread and you're just melting down like a drama queen.  You need to log off Getbig for two weeks and take a break.  You need it, apparently.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2007, 02:05:34 PM »
hey MIMNAUGH,

Your fat, roided up ass is getting handed to you in this thread and you're just melting down like a drama queen.  You need to log off Getbig for two weeks and take a break.  You need it, apparently.

Fat Roide'd up ass? I bet your a impressive sight to behold and list of life accomplishments... :-X

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2007, 07:36:16 PM »
Here for all the PAB's  watch Ryan in action and tell me he's not strong  ::)
&NR=1

Oh, God he use a bench shirt sometimes to... well this 600 X 2 in a T-shirt aint what I'd call a "Bench shirt".

Face it you whiners are weak.