Author Topic: Ryan Kenelley benches 1036lb in Ukraine!  (Read 7845 times)

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
Re: Ryan Kenelley benches 1036lb in Ukraine!
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 09:18:45 AM »
Im wondering if bodybuilders can just mail their placings to the judges before the show and not show up.You know,like they do when they post their training numbers and never actually have to prove or back up their lifts.Like when Johnnie Jackson claims to squat 815 with no gear,but then puts on the gear in a meet and squats 826.Now,correct me if Im wrong,but it would seem an 11 pound gain from your gear would either indicate your gear sucks,or that your  a freaking liar and cant come anywhere close to an 815 raw squat.So maybe bodybuilders can just tell the judges how they look without ever having to enter the show and the judges can place them accordingly.

Hey billy, guess what, the US put a man on the moon ;D  Everyone knows that bodybuilders lie about how much they can lift, its very, very, very old news.  How much they can lift has no bearing on the outcome of a competition, so who really gives a fuck.

brian36

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 09:22:09 AM »
boy Billy is really melting down.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 09:32:28 AM »
I wont defend synthol and implants, they both suck.   They suck as bad as bench shirts.  Im wondering if powerliftes could wear knee braces like offensive lineman in the NFL, and springload them to help lift the weight ::)

you're missing the fact that the shirts and suits are allowed under the rules. it's not cheating if the rules apply equally to everyone. are the lifts as "legit" as raw? i don't think so, but if you're taking away from the fact that kennelly benched 1036 goddamn pounds, you're an idiot. simple as that.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007, 10:17:10 AM »
How is that melting down?Thats just two guys debating and having some fun.No name calling,no silly insults,just two guys  pointing how silly BOTH sports have gotten.Melting down is when you have to resort to name calling,or challenging people to a fight when you know you will NEVER ever meet them.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 11:16:19 AM »
you're missing the fact that the shirts and suits are allowed under the rules. it's not cheating if the rules apply equally to everyone. are the lifts as "legit" as raw? i don't think so, but if you're taking away from the fact that kennelly benched 1036 goddamn pounds, you're an idiot. simple as that.

Im sure the guy could move a ridiculous amount of weight raw, can't argue that.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 01:35:53 PM »
Dumbest thing Ive ever read.Let me ask you this.I see all these "hardcore" bodybuilders DVDs and every single one wears wrist wraps,knee wraps,elbow pads,and everything else they possibly can.Geeze,Ronnie Coleman even wears sissy ass lifting gloves.Along with synthol,implants etc. why would you guys EVER try to bash powerlifting.Again,bench shirts have been in the sport for thirty years,what seems to be the problem?
Billy, please admit that most powerlifters do hate the gear, even if they wear it themselves. It's a bitch to work them, don't you agree?

The reason why raw meets don't get much support must be something else, other than most powerlifters loving gear so much.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 07:51:36 PM »
Van, you are wrong. 
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 04:11:49 AM »
Well,I certainly hate it,especially the shirts.However,thats because Id rather just train and not learn how to use it.I like a good pair of briefs,but the suits are too much for me and actually make it very uncomfortable to squat.I think guys like hitting big numbers,and gear equals big numbers.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 04:17:16 AM »
Who the hell has ever benched 800 raw?!?!?!

What? There are a dozen guys on this board that can do it. Sevastase, True Gaydonis, Bluto and others.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 04:21:10 AM »
Shirt work will improve your raw bench! Everyone Stop the whining and get one, learn to use it.
You will gain thickness from handling the heavier iron.
NOT USING A SHIRT for limited times IS SELLING YOURSELF SHORT.
Your strength and thickness will never reach their potential.

Jealousy, plain and simple. Just like Naty Whining about "Steroids" :'(  ;D

You want to achieve? YOUR the only one that can be responsible.
Stop hating those who have exceed your level and improve yourselves.
Hey "Natties" (soundz like a insect, dont they) its not a drug, its a shirt!

spinnis

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 04:35:47 AM »
Shirt work will improve your raw bench! Everyone Stop the whining and get one, learn to use it.
You will gain thickness from handling the heavier iron.
NOT USING A SHIRT for limited times IS SELLING YOURSELF SHORT.
Your strength and thickness will never reach their potential.

Jealousy, plain and simple. Just like Naty Whining about "Steroids" :'(  ;D

You want to achieve? YOUR the only one that can be responsible.
Stop hating those who have exceed your level and improve yourselves.
Hey "Natties" (soundz like a insect, dont they) its not a drug, its a shirt!

That is the most stupidest shit ive ever heard, Congratz

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2007, 04:37:46 AM »

Why?? If you drive a car a lot you will be able to run faster, it's the same.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2007, 04:46:12 AM »

That is why you  will never have a big bench.
I could prolly put 50-100lbs on your bench almost immediately w/ just set-up form, and leg drive.

You will likely never get far in life is my guess, your a self defeatest.

Not trying new way keeps you the same. If your happy with your pathetic bench GREAT!
IF you want another pair of sewer lids on the ends of the bar, shut up and listen/watch  to those who move piles of plate!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2007, 04:46:45 AM »
Both u and donkey kong managed the most retarded responses today . Congrats

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2007, 04:48:52 AM »
Am I the only one who is fed up with kids that bench 225 for a double but won't learn anything new? ...and will still bench under 300 for the remainder of their adult life?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2007, 04:50:05 AM »
Both u and donkey kong managed the most retarded responses today . Congrats

haha, did you think i was serious?

Dude, there must be a lot of fertilizer in romanian food nowadays. You're retarded.

spinnis

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2007, 04:50:47 AM »
Nowdays its not how much you bench is how much you can get out of the shirt.. does that sound right? no.
raw.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2007, 04:56:56 AM »
Nowdays its not how much you bench is how much you can get out of the shirt.. does that sound right? no.
raw.

Hey Dumbass, did you read carefully? No you didnt.
ANYTHING that helps you (forces) you to handle more weight on the bar will thicken you.
Shirt work will force you to use muscles you never used before. Be carefull when you start.
It WILL IMPROVE YOUR RAW BENCH. You think Big Gene R dont have a awesome raw bench? How about
Scott Mendelson, does he still own the raw and shirt record today? He has in the not distant past.

Use it as a tool. Yes it will improve your raw bench.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2007, 04:59:42 AM »
Hey Dumbass, did you read carefully? No you didnt.
ANYTHING that helps you (forces) you to handle more weight on the bar will thicken you.
Shirt work will force you to use muscles you never used before. Be carefull when you start.
It WILL IMPROVE YOUR RAW BENCH. You think Big Gene R dont have a awesome raw bench? How about
Scott Mendelson, does he still own the raw and shirt record today? He has in the not distant past.

Yes, it's like a plane helps you jump higher.

If you get used to being in high heights, no FORCE yourself, you will be able to jump higher in no time.

spinnis

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2007, 05:04:20 AM »

Then they could use it in practise and comepte raw, I donīt know anyone who does that though

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2007, 05:05:48 AM »
Yes, it's like a plane helps you jump higher.

If you get used to being in high heights, no FORCE yourself, you will be able to jump higher in no time.

If you dont try, you cant say. Try one for a couple months, tell me if your max Raw bench dont go up considerably (I bet your stuck where you are like 99.9% of Flat-Back, elbows out ::) Bbers Bench)

THey are not just a snap to learn. They are not comfortable. They will put new muscle on your frame.
Drug free to!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2007, 05:06:01 AM »
Then they could use it in practise and comepte raw, I donīt know anyone who does that though

Yes, like runners train in Ferraris to force themselves into the speed.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2007, 05:08:02 AM »
If you dont try, you cant say. Try one for a couple months, tell me if your max Raw bench dont go up considerably (I bet your stuck where you are like 99.9% of Flat-Back, elbows out ::) Bbers Bench)

THey are not just a snap to learn. They are not comfortable. They will put new muscle on your frame.
Drug free to!

Actually i don't give a fuck about my flatbench. I don't flatbench.

I am improving steadily, mixing my exercises and rep ranges smart. I won't make a laughing stock out of myself in wearing a bench shirt in gym.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2007, 05:09:34 AM »

Dude, there are a few who do it, or (many) compete in both!
www.elitefts.com
Hit the Q&A bench section. Some guys like raw meets but use shirts to train at times.
I agree, a Raw 500 is way more impressive than a bigger shirt lift. But Im telling you, this equipment will work you HARDER, NOT make your workout easier! 

spinnis

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2007, 05:14:07 AM »

Dude, there are a few who do it, or (many) compete in both!
www.elitefts.com
Hit the Q&A bench section. Some guys like raw meets but use shirts to train at times.
I agree, a Raw 500 is way more impressive than a bigger shirt lift. But Im telling you, this equipment will work you HARDER, NOT make your workout easier! 

The problem I have with is that When a guy benches lets sayy 800pounds With a shirt he is Not pressing 800pounds from his chest because the shirt works like a fucking spring and "removes" a certain part of the weight. Not calling them weak but we donīt know how much they are actually benching. If scott or whatever his name is benchpresses 1000+ pounds and his raw record is 700 then the shirt removes 300pounds and whatīs the point in that?
When a raw bencher benches 500pounds he is pressing every single one of those pounds :)