Author Topic: Vick with the NAACP behind his back  (Read 6201 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Vick with the NAACP behind his back
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 04:57:45 PM »
 :)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 07:38:12 PM »
HAHAHAHA!  that makes more since than the true meaning...

What has the NAACP ever done that was against "caucasion" people? That didn't make any "since" at all.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 09:40:46 PM »
The whole idea of NAACP is to protect the constitutional rights.

Theories of why it would be a "good" move for them to defend Vicks, seems more like conspiracy theoretism IMO.

The "idea" of the NAACP?

They're in the business of staying in business, like every other organization out there with a cause.

If they get a ton of exposure this year, they'll have more "pull" for next years' causes.

As with all large organizations, the decision-makers choose paths which 1) further the causes of the organization and 2) maintain the sustainability of the organization.

Part of their goal is self-preservation, as it is with all firms.  Their decision to back Vick was about their belief in the Constitution, along with their belief in pleasing their base, and staying in business.

Also, hedge, your use of "conspiracy theorism" baffles me.  "Conspiracy" denotes the planning of an event by a group, as opposed to a "lone gunman" theory, and is used to point at things like JFK.  Even calling 911 a conspiracy is silly, as by it's very official definition, it was a "conspiracy" of 19 men, not one.

You can call this "believing an organization will put its own sustianability above all other goals".  That's a good way to characterize my belief here.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2007, 08:29:52 AM »
The "idea" of the NAACP?

They're in the business of staying in business, like every other organization out there with a cause.

If they get a ton of exposure this year, they'll have more "pull" for next years' causes.

As with all large organizations, the decision-makers choose paths which 1) further the causes of the organization and 2) maintain the sustainability of the organization.

Part of their goal is self-preservation, as it is with all firms.  Their decision to back Vick was about their belief in the Constitution, along with their belief in pleasing their base, and staying in business.

Also, hedge, your use of "conspiracy theorism" baffles me.  "Conspiracy" denotes the planning of an event by a group, as opposed to a "lone gunman" theory, and is used to point at things like JFK.  Even calling 911 a conspiracy is silly, as by it's very official definition, it was a "conspiracy" of 19 men, not one.

You can call this "believing an organization will put its own sustianability above all other goals".  That's a good way to characterize my belief here.

The people running the show within the NAACP are those form the 60's Civil Right's area. So what happens is that they look under every freakin' rock, nook and cranny for suposed "racism", instead of tacklin bigger issues with in the community. As long as the NAACP can perpetuate the "US vs.THEM" mentality, they don't have to switch gears and deal with the reality.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 08:47:42 AM »
The "idea" of the NAACP?

If you didn't were able to comprehend, I apologize.

My point is this:

The NAACP is defending Vicks because that is what their ideology tells them to do.

Not because it's a "smart" or "safe" move that will get them publicity.

If they would pick cases based on what would get them most popularity and approval, defending Vicks', defending Rush Limbaugh, and other less popular persons, seems like a poor move.

So that's what I meant by conspiracy theorism. You could call it having a creative imagination, being slightly delusional, having a vivid fantasy, et al.

My point is that one should not try to read too much into what is happening, and try to stick to the actual facts. And perhaps, sometimes be satisfied with the dull reality instead of creating a more interesting fairy tale.

Kinda like why the Beeb is better than Fox News.
As empty as paradise

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 10:53:27 AM »

What has the NAACP ever done that was against "caucasion" people? That didn't make any "since" at all.

you mean "sense?"  reverse racism for starters...

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 12:25:07 PM »
you mean "sense?"

I was quoting you.

reverse racism for starters

You can call anything reverse racism... or play the race card, if you will... but do you have any actual examples of things they've done that are against white people?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 12:32:04 PM »

My point is that one should not try to read too much into what is happening, and try to stick to the actual facts. And perhaps, sometimes be satisfied with the dull reality instead of creating a more interesting fairy tale.

240 seems capable of explaining himself, but I've got to ask you- do you really think a group that pretty much lives and dies based on its media exposure, not to mention  derives most of its power from its coverage in the media, would not make  public stances  based on painstaking calculation? The NAACP is basically a pr group, so how could you not believe that it approaches its relationship to the media with some degree of savvy.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 12:43:22 PM »
I was quoting you.

You can call anything reverse racism... or play the race card, if you will... but do you have any actual examples of things they've done that are against white people?

....so serious...haha! :P

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 03:53:45 PM »
If you didn't were able to comprehend, I apologize.

My point is this:

The NAACP is defending Vicks because that is what their ideology tells them to do.

Not because it's a "smart" or "safe" move that will get them publicity.

If they would pick cases based on what would get them most popularity and approval, defending Vicks', defending Rush Limbaugh, and other less popular persons, seems like a poor move.

So that's what I meant by conspiracy theorism. You could call it having a creative imagination, being slightly delusional, having a vivid fantasy, et al.

Would you agree that the NAACP allows their longterm sustainability as an influential organization to influence some of their decisions?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2007, 05:52:23 PM »
I was quoting you.

"affirmative" action  ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!