Author Topic: Estate Planning for Pets  (Read 1290 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Estate Planning for Pets
« on: August 01, 2007, 11:40:20 AM »
 This web site is devoted to providing a broad-based information resource for pet owners, and the professionals who assist them, in estate planning for their pets.  All too often, pet owners encounter professionals who are directly or indirectly dismissive of their desires to make sure their pets receive adequate care.  The underlying assumption behind this web site is that the reader takes the issue of estate planning for pets seriously.

http://www.estateplanningforpets.org/

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Estate Planning for Pets
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 12:05:08 PM »
Last time we changed our wills they had to amend mine about 3 times as I added/deleted/changed the order of people I left my dogs to  :-\
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 12:51:11 PM »
Last time we changed our wills they had to amend mine about 3 times as I added/deleted/changed the order of people I left my dogs to  :-\

Do you have monetary provisions listed for whomever they go to?

I have thought about what would happen to my guys, but I do not have anything in place.

I have had a few offers to take Tad, but the big guys are a bigger challenge.  But whoever takes Tad would have to take Addie because they are best buddies and Tad would need Addie even more if I was gone, and Addie's sparring partner is Briona, so she would have to go with Addie who was going with Tad, and then there is Emmett who has been with Briona since he was a puppy (and would be all dejected if by himself) so he would have to go with Briona, who is going with Addie, who is going with Tad.

;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 12:53:09 PM »
  Do you have monetary provisions listed for whomever they go to?

Yes. 

I have had a few offers to take Tad, but the big guys are a bigger challenge.  But whoever takes Tad would have to take Addie because they are best buddies and Tad would need Addie even more if I was gone, and Addie's sparring partner is Briona, so she would have to go with Addie who was going with Tad, and then there is Emmett who has been with Briona since he was a puppy (and would be all dejected if by himself) so he would have to go with Briona, who is going with Addie, who is going with Tad.[/color]

;D
don't break up the herd ;D
R