Author Topic: You guys ever watch Tapout?  (Read 3392 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
You guys ever watch Tapout?
« on: August 01, 2007, 01:46:16 PM »
I watch it for the fight at the end, but what a stupid show. Mask, Punkass and that afro dude just pick up some low level fighter and make him drive around the country with them before he fights. Anyone watch it?
E

DNewbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: You guys ever watch Tapout?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 02:09:39 PM »
Yes, I saw that episode. His name was Matt Major....I don't think it is that stupid of a show. The Tapout brand sells TONS of merchandise, so those dudes have more cash than you would think. If they are sponsoring young fighters, I am all for them!

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 02:11:08 PM »
Yes, I saw that episode. His name was Matt Major....I don't think it is that stupid of a show. The Tapout brand sells TONS of merchandise, so those dudes have more cash than you would think. If they are sponsoring young fighters, I am all for them!

They do the same thing every show though, I haven't seen them train with the kids once, just act like idiots the whole time.
E

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 02:16:59 PM »
Ive seen all of them, Matt Major is trash and I hope he doesent get anymore airtime, ever.  The one with the Team Jackson guy was alright, I met that guy along with Leonard Garcia in H-town, he was tiny.  It's an alright show, theyre fixing to air some new episodes in a few weeks.  I think one will focus on Charuto Verissimo.
Predictions
 40/61

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 02:29:35 PM »
Ive seen all of them, Matt Major is trash and I hope he doesent get anymore airtime, ever.  The one with the Team Jackson guy was alright, I met that guy along with Leonard Garcia in H-town, he was tiny.  It's an alright show, theyre fixing to air some new episodes in a few weeks.  I think one will focus on Charuto Verissimo.

I agree about Matt Major, he's a fkn punk. There is a new episode tonight at 10(eastern) on VS.
E

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 03:27:37 PM »

I saw that one the other day. I was laughing my ass off when that douche was screaming, "Do you know who the fuck I am?" in that guy's face. I just kept thinking, "Yeah, you're the moron who couldn't finish a shitty fighter like that."

That show is fucking terrible. The clowns walking around in full camo complete with facepaint and stupid names like "jackass" or whatever they are cracks me up. Makes you 100x more badass when you go to a Chuck Liddell party in camo!!!!!  ::)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 04:18:51 PM »

That show is fucking terrible. The clowns walking around in full camo complete with facepaint and stupid names like "jackass" or whatever they are cracks me up. Makes you 100x more badass when you go to a Chuck Liddell party in camo!!!!!  ::)

That guy is the owner of Tapout. Looks like a member of Jackass. I wonder how much he is making? A lot of dorks are wearing that Tapout shit lately.
E

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 05:03:50 PM »

That guy is the owner of Tapout. Looks like a member of Jackass. I wonder how much he is making? A lot of dorks are wearing that Tapout shit lately.

It's the official gear of people who claim to be "training for the UFC" but have never stepped foot in any sort of gym, be it weight lifting or martial arts school. I'll admit he's got his head on straight because he has to be making a killing with the amount of dbags that have that shit. Saw my first TapOut bumper sticker at the gym a few weeks ago, ironically on like an 89 Camry.  ::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 05:54:42 PM »
Charuto trains here

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 09:12:39 AM »
I'm in Saratoga, now. Up here, they have the VS channel, which we don't have in NYC. They show alot of WEC events, and they have the Tapout show. It's pretty bad. Those guys are like the KISS (Gene Simmons &  Paul Stanley) of mma. As far as the WEC, I've been pretty impressed with the quality of fighters. They seem give to give more play to the lighter weight divisions. I've yet to see any heavies.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 04:22:17 PM »
Charuto trains here

I ve always thought Churuto was bad ass, I remember his UFC debut aginst "the Ronin", man did he bust Carlos up, and I actually thought he did enough to deserve the "W" against Matt Hughes.
Predictions
 40/61

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 05:21:45 PM »
I ve always thought Churuto was bad ass, I remember his UFC debut aginst "the Ronin", man did he bust Carlos up, and I actually thought he did enough to deserve the "W" against Matt Hughes.

i'll tell you he is in great shape.  There have been so many guys coming lately that are ripped to shreads. 

pitwarrior

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 12:55:27 PM »
yeah its an alright show cool seeing different camps and up and comers.
last week they had matt hughes on there and cowboy did a good job in his match.
this week i know there gonna be in hawaii at bj penns camp..

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 04:16:44 PM »

Charuto had that triangle.  Had he just pulled up on the head when he had him mounted, Hughes would have been sleeping.