Author Topic: depression after a show  (Read 3263 times)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: depression after a show
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 05:33:11 PM »
Knock yourself out.
Personally, everyone and their growth hormones, test shots, are plain old silly.  It's called life, you age, you die, then end.  Working out alone with a decent diet will take 10 years off your life, in appearance.  Everyone and their fucking botox...get real man.
I think I'm going to wait until 50, then get a nice eye lift with a hair piece, some breat implants and aball tuck to finish it off...hahah

the way your naturally occuring gyno is growing, you won't have to worry about the breast implants.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2007, 09:48:11 PM »
Mike Mentzer had a great article on this in a 1979 muscle builder. he was backstage immediately after winning the mr. universe with a perfect score; and he was totally depressed. he was always a bit dramatic, but stated that he had been in a higher state of existance while preparing for the show. even though he won, his whole level of consciousness dropped immediately.

this is exactly what I'm talking about...Kind of unsettling that the person who most relates to my experience went on to kill himself, but still this is what I've been feeling.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 10:08:46 PM »
He didn't kill himself.

what were the details of his death?  I know it was some form of self-destructive behavior that ultimately led to his premature demise.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 11:40:33 PM »
the way your naturally occuring gyno is growing, you won't have to worry about the breast implants.
Thanks, you just saved me 8 grand! ;)
N

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 09:30:40 AM »
I played in the early 90's with lita ford and several other bands and after a tour, or a recording session you have time off and the depression sucks.  It's totally normal.  I guess BB's get it after a show as well, especially if you don't place where you wish to.
Most are all show no go!

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 09:31:53 AM »
So have any of you guys ever experienced depression after competing.  Not necessarily after a BBing show, but after anything that you worked a long time to prepare for.  Like you gear everything up to prepare, and then once its done you feel kind of purposeless.

yes i have had that before. u have such a focus, a build up for something, u get there and its an anti-climax, and u feel drained.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 09:52:38 AM »
never been fat, you must take me for an american

hahahahahahaha

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 11:19:32 AM »
I also admit to doing regular drugs, collecting baseball cards 20 years ago, and riding a bike with training wheels 25 years back.
A few things, at the age of 18, you're not the wisest.  I learn from mistakes, then rank on other for making the same ones...hahah
Being a grown man and dabbling in gear for no reason, other than to "get jacked", is idiotic.  Most would agree with me..of course, not on a site with many users.
I wouldn't take a bunch of drugs and look in a mirror and think, "Wow, I really achieved something."  Blowing up on gear is about as easy as getting laid in a whore house...that's the point.  I saw it was a joke for 2 months, then moved on in life.
Lastly, I wouldn't spend $1000 on drugs to win a $3 trophy and think, "Man, I really proved something there!"  Wake up man.

You are tainted. Hope this helps.

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 11:29:38 AM »
Post-traumatic stress might bring on temporary depression if the event is perceived unconsciously as traumatic.  You might consider how you're mentally preparing for the contest & try to do something to make it less stressful. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 11:44:37 AM »
im getting depressed every time i read your posts

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

DutchBotje

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2007, 11:47:04 AM »
I WAS
Everybody wants to rule

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2007, 11:48:15 AM »
So have any of you guys ever experienced depression after competing.  Not necessarily after a BBing show, but after anything that you worked a long time to prepare for.  Like you gear everything up to prepare, and then once its done you feel kind of purposeless.

I think this is kinda normal actually.   After I've invested a lot of time and energy into any project and it ends I sometimes feel a little deflated.   Basically you're life has revolved around the project(s) for so long that when they're over with that drive, discipline, etc....is no longer needed and you feel somewhat purposeless.  It's ironic given that you've achieved a goal at the same time.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2007, 11:59:02 AM »
I think this is kinda normal actually.   After I've invested a lot of time and energy into any project and it ends I sometimes feel a little deflated.   Basically you're life has revolved around the project(s) for so long that when they're over with that drive, discipline, etc....is no longer needed and you feel somewhat purposeless.  It's ironic given that you've achieved a goal at the same time.

Yep, right now I'm looking for a new goal, already feel my drive returning.  I think I'm on the way back up.

I feel like I'm a self-improvement junky.  I only really feel good if I feel like I'm making progress. 

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2007, 12:02:24 PM »
I feel the same thing after jerking off... ;D

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2007, 12:03:55 PM »
I feel the same thing after jerking off... ;D

haha me too, that's why I never go for the quick nut, always try to drag it out.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2007, 12:06:30 PM »
haha me too, that's why I never go for the quick nut, always try to drag it out.
My father always said you get out what you put in ...of course he was fucking my babysitter so maybe not the same thing... ;D