Author Topic: depression after a show  (Read 3275 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
depression after a show
« on: August 01, 2007, 03:02:33 PM »
So have any of you guys ever experienced depression after competing.  Not necessarily after a BBing show, but after anything that you worked a long time to prepare for.  Like you gear everything up to prepare, and then once its done you feel kind of purposeless.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: depression after a show
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 03:08:51 PM »
im getting depressed every time i read your posts
Z

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 03:12:50 PM »

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 03:14:29 PM »
So have any of you guys ever experienced depression after competing.  Not necessarily after a BBing show, but after anything that you worked a long time to prepare for.  Like you gear everything up to prepare, and then once its done you feel kind of purposeless.

did you place last?

but thats the way life is my friend, you need to set higher standarts, new plans, dont waste your life just training and eating, do bigger things. you need to try to stay green, thats the wy you will grow in life.  how do you thing jay feels after a show?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 03:15:29 PM »
Z

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 03:15:51 PM »
Yes,definately.You seem to focus so much on one goal and when it's gone,although it is a relief to stop dieting,you end up feeling rather empty.Post contest blues :-\  

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 03:19:29 PM »
did you place last?

but thats the way life is my friend, you need to set higher standarts, new plans, dont waste your life just training and eating, do bigger things. you need to try to stay green, thats the wy you will grow in life.  how do you thing jay feels after a show?

I'm not a compettitive BBer just trying to relate my experience to something people here can relate to.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 03:20:50 PM »
Yes,definately.You seem to focus so much on one goal and when it's gone,although it is a relief to stop dieting,you end up feeling rather empty.Post contest blues :-\ 

I wish I could get back on track right away, just pick up where I left off and keep progressing.  I'm not good at this resting stuff.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 03:20:59 PM »
shiftedShapes just know a lot about being a loser and want to share his experience  :D
Z

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 03:21:41 PM »
Squadfather deals with the same thing on a daily basis.  Thousands of posts on getbig and daily self-ownings seem to help him deal with it.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 03:24:33 PM »
Squadfather deals with the same thing on a daily basis.  Thousands of posts on getbig and daily self-ownings seem to help him deal with it.

squadfather is a survivor. he gets knocked down over and over again but manages to get back up before the count of 10
Z

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 03:25:53 PM »
shiftedShapes just know a lot about being a loser and want to share his experience  :D

come on Bluto, can't you tell that I'm not a hothead you can't inflame me so easilly.  Also people who are depressed are less susceptible to rage and meltdowns, so if you want to interact with me you might as well play nice.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 03:32:22 PM »
come on Bluto, can't you tell that I'm not a hothead you can't inflame me so easilly.  Also people who are depressed are less susceptible to rage and meltdowns, so if you want to interact with me you might as well play nice.

why are you depressed, did you look in the mirror
Z

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 03:33:26 PM »

that was both  brutal   and    savage

Taint

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 03:33:56 PM »

You seem quite taken by this shittedshapes character. Perhaps you have a crush on him? You're probably fixing for a rimjob from the guy, holmes.

- Lick the TAINT

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 03:39:55 PM »
You seem quite taken by this shittedshapes character. Perhaps you have a crush on him? You're probably fixing for a rimjob from the guy, holmes.

- Lick the TAINT

no taint you have it all wrong

he wants to give me a rimjob

Taint

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 03:41:21 PM »
Did you have your asshole bleached for the guy? You seem like the person that would.

- Lick the TAINT

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 03:42:06 PM »
Did you have your asshole bleached for the guy? You seem like the person that would.

- Lick the TAINT

not necessary, I'm pretty pale and so is my rim.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 05:01:22 PM »
Mike Mentzer had a great article on this in a 1979 muscle builder. he was backstage immediately after winning the mr. universe with a perfect score; and he was totally depressed. he was always a bit dramatic, but stated that he had been in a higher state of existance while preparing for the show. even though he won, his whole level of consciousness dropped immediately.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 05:07:07 PM »
If you derive purpose from competing in a show of drug users for a $3 trophy, you've got problems. ;)
N

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 05:08:11 PM »
for the record, croatch admits steroid use

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 05:14:46 PM »
for the record, croatch admits steroid use
I also admit to doing regular drugs, collecting baseball cards 20 years ago, and riding a bike with training wheels 25 years back.
A few things, at the age of 18, you're not the wisest.  I learn from mistakes, then rank on other for making the same ones...hahah
Being a grown man and dabbling in gear for no reason, other than to "get jacked", is idiotic.  Most would agree with me..of course, not on a site with many users.
I wouldn't take a bunch of drugs and look in a mirror and think, "Wow, I really achieved something."  Blowing up on gear is about as easy as getting laid in a whore house...that's the point.  I saw it was a joke for 2 months, then moved on in life.
Lastly, I wouldn't spend $1000 on drugs to win a $3 trophy and think, "Man, I really proved something there!"  Wake up man.
N

Master Blaster

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 05:18:58 PM »
I also admit to doing regular drugs, collecting baseball cards 20 years ago, and riding a bike with training wheels 25 years back.
A few things, at the age of 18, you're not the wisest.  I learn from mistakes, then rank on other for making the same ones...hahah
Being a grown man and dabbling in gear for no reason, other than to "get jacked", is idiotic.  Most would agree with me..of course, not on a site with many users.
I wouldn't take a bunch of drugs and look in a mirror and think, "Wow, I really achieved something."  Blowing up on gear is about as easy as getting laid in a whore house...that's the point.  I saw it was a joke for 2 months, then moved on in life.
Lastly, I wouldn't spend $1000 on drugs to win a $3 trophy and think, "Man, I really proved something there!"  Wake up man.

I might be in to doing some anti-aging growth hormone when I get older. I think hormone use for personal reasons can be OK for some.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2007, 05:25:11 PM »

Dude that happened to me at my first show. It was the Teenage Mr. Philadelphia. I was 17. I was helped by 1987 Mr. America Rich Baretta. Everyone was telling me how great I loooked...how I would win so easily...I was high on my horse. Then I placed second. I lost to some 19 year old dude who was as big as a house. Some people thought I still should have won because I was shredded, but I didn't. Afterwards, I had no desire to compete anymore. I had plans to get pcitures taken with my trophies, my parents were going to put a congrats in the local paper. I did not want any of it after...It took me nearly a year to want to compete again.
$

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2007, 05:28:05 PM »
I might be in to doing some anti-aging growth hormone when I get older. I think hormone use for personal reasons can be OK for some.
Knock yourself out.
Personally, everyone and their growth hormones, test shots, are plain old silly.  It's called life, you age, you die, then end.  Working out alone with a decent diet will take 10 years off your life, in appearance.  Everyone and their fucking botox...get real man.
I think I'm going to wait until 50, then get a nice eye lift with a hair piece, some breat implants and aball tuck to finish it off...hahah
N