Author Topic: quad injection  (Read 1461 times)

TEJAS SLIM

• Getbig II
  • Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength
quad injection
« on: August 01, 2007, 04:42:25 PM »
I did a quad injection on monday 07/23 then on sunday 07/29 my knee started to swell monday morning i could hardly walk, now my ankle is starting to swell there is no redness just sore and swole I've been icing and elevating as much as possible. what do ya'll think ?

eliscominblue

• Getbig II
Re: quad injection
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 04:45:46 PM »
High and outside to avoid major blood vessels.  What was the injection and do have pain and or fever?  What about redness etc?

TEJAS SLIM

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 04:52:17 PM »
yes high and outside it was SUPERTEST 450 and those are always painful. no fever no redness just swole and pain.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 07:16:24 PM »
No fever - No worry. You will feel like shit in short time w/ a infection.
Ever watch a little kid all night w/ a high fever? You'll learn all you need about infections/ fever when you do a few times.

Fever can run up fast w/ a infection. Tylenol can be a lifesaver then. Cold compress on head too, till get medical attn. All you got is a hurtin' leg shot prolly. Keep an eye on it.

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 09:53:36 PM »
Anything over 300 mg/ml, I would avoid the quads and go with the glutes.  Quad shots can be crippling so you will be ok in a few weeks or so.

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 04:14:45 AM »
Anything over 300 mg/ml, I would avoid the quads and go with the glutes.  Quad shots can be crippling so you will be ok in a few weeks or so.

This is a very individual recommendation, and I must respectfully disagree.  My quads handle volumes of 4cc easily, with total concentrations way above what you have listed.

That being said, this sounds like an inflammatory reaction, not infection.  NSAIDS, ice, elevation should take care of it.

There are no significant vessels in the upper outer thigh quadrant (typically you're pinning the muscle belly of the tensor fascia lata.  A bit more lateral, and a bit lower, and you're pinning the vastus lateralis--there are some larger vessels-known as the "perforators"-in that region, but it's still a relatively safe place to pin).

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 05:33:09 AM »
This is a very individual recommendation, and I must respectfully disagree.  My quads handle volumes of 4cc easily, with total concentrations way above what you have listed.

That being said, this sounds like an inflammatory reaction, not infection.  NSAIDS, ice, elevation should take care of it.

There are no significant vessels in the upper outer thigh quadrant (typically you're pinning the muscle belly of the tensor fascia lata.  A bit more lateral, and a bit lower, and you're pinning the vastus lateralis--there are some larger vessels-known as the "perforators"-in that region, but it's still a relatively safe place to pin).

I think the UG gear has a lot to do w/ all these problems.  Ive filled and shot 3-4cc of sus & or 400mg/ml  Human Pharma Te and same concentration Deca many times w/ almost no pain. Many these guys also have no concept of steril inj methods.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 08:28:47 AM »
Did you aspirate mate?  ;D

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 03:48:37 PM »
Could've been a sloppy shot. Nothing hurts me more then a shot when I've moved the needle around a little. Damn!

TEJAS SLIM

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 04:10:53 PM »
yes i aspirated and i guess you could say it was a sloppy shot cuz i had a muscle spasm that was freaky with the pin in there.

Very steril inj methods.

thanks

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 04:44:05 PM »
yes i aspirated and i guess you could say it was a sloppy shot cuz i had a muscle spasm that was freaky with the pin in there.

Very steril inj methods.

thanks

That could do it.