Author Topic: pm question answered  (Read 2390 times)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
pm question answered
« on: August 01, 2007, 10:05:38 PM »
gh15 I wanted to know your opinion on streching. Is it better to do it before or after my workouts. There's a lot of debating when it comes to this question your opinion would be appeciated. thx

before after inbetween sets whenever you feel like it,,also flexing as much as you can especially midsection abdomen and arms can make a diff if done on regular basis,,you will have a lot better control on muscle and the muscle will show better comparing to bodybuilder with same bf% that do not do  it

for years every night i flex my abdominals as hard as i can,,its more importzant than actual crunches,,also in every picture taken with no shirt i always flex abdomen region,,it helps in the long run with everything trust me,,those who do it will show full abs even at 13% bf
fallen angel

tweeter

• Getbig IV
Re: pm question answered
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 10:10:34 PM »
A little synthol in the abs works best though.

The Coach

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 10:12:44 PM »
before after inbetween sets whenever you feel like it,,also flexing as much as you can especially midsection abdomen and arms can make a diff if done on regular basis,,you will have a lot better control on muscle and the muscle will show better comparing to bodybuilder with same bf% that do not do  it

for years every night i flex my abdominals as hard as i can,,its more importzant than actual crunches,,also in every picture taken with no shirt i always flex abdomen region,,it helps in the long run with everything trust me,,those who do it will show full abs even at 13% bf

A little lesson for ya GH...........NEVER stretch before warming up..................hope this helps!

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 10:13:35 PM »
A little lesson for ya GH...........NEVER stretch before warming up..................hope this helps!
Why...too easy to pull something?

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 10:16:42 PM »
how do you flex your abs?   i dont think i can do it.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 10:20:17 PM »
Why...too easy to pull something?

Here's the analogy I always use, for example.....if you took a rubberband out of a freezer and tried to stretch it, more than likely it would break, but if you took that same rubberband took it out of the freezer and warmed it up, it would obviously be more plyable and would stretch. Understand?

heavyNbasic

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »
Right on.  But what if I/you are not coming in from the freezing cold?

If your body temp is below freezing, you should be more concerned with keeping a pulse than stretching.

Just my opinion, but I believe stretching before warming up is fine.  I've done it many, many times and have never had any negative experiences.  You won't be able to stretch a cold muscle as far as a warm muscle, but a few minutes of stretching will get plenty of blood into the area.

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 11:43:13 PM »
Here's the analogy I always use, for example.....if you took a rubberband out of a freezer and tried to stretch it, more than likely it would break, but if you took that same rubberband took it out of the freezer and warmed it up, it would obviously be more plyable and would stretch. Understand?

Oh good God!  The last thing anyone around this board should be worried about is hurting his abs! GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY SON! LOL

The Coach

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 11:51:13 PM »
Right on.  But what if I/you are not coming in from the freezing cold?

If your body temp is below freezing, you should be more concerned with keeping a pulse than stretching.

Just my opinion, but I believe stretching before warming up is fine.  I've done it many, many times and have never had any negative experiences.  You won't be able to stretch a cold muscle as far as a warm muscle, but a few minutes of stretching will get plenty of blood into the area.

It's just an anology, in other words.......warm up before stretching. I always put my athletes through a dynamic warmup before stretching and my general public clients just do a basic 10-15 min bike ride before I stretch them, after the warmups, they roll on a foam roller. So, warmup, stretch, roll.

Under no circumstances will I have an air conditioner on, fan only. If it's cold outside, they cannot leave without a sweatshirt, muscles will contract and the wrong move might mean a pull..............warm muscles and joints means less injury.

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 11:52:50 PM »
Oh good God!  The last thing anyone around this board should be worried about is hurting his abs! GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY SON! LOL

I figured there would be at least one smartass.........go ahead, lets hear you're explanation. If you read the first part, he was asking about stretching, GH15, being the genius he is, gave the wrong answer.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 12:32:01 AM »
nonono

i said stretch but i didnt say not to warm up,,warm up and stretch,,walk to the gym its a good warm up then get in do couple stretches and warm up set and bring on the weight,,as simple as that,,then walk home walk dont drive while you eat yoru 3 bananas..

there are many ways to warm up and my favorite one is to do warm up set with barbells only no weight on or with 10lb dumbells,,stretches can come inbetween workouts before work outs and after workouts,,i prefer to always stretch/flex the muscle i work on for many reasons among them the type/doses of hormones im on,,the type of exercise i choose to do,,the amount of weight i lift,,and ofcourse the solidyfing of the work by flexing again and again and again,,its not done for people to think you are narcsist,,,this is what moron will think,,its mainly done for your muscle to harden up even more,,to dvelop a little more even if only littlebit it still make a diff in the whole picture,,when takin anapolon when preping to competition flexing is very important for many reasons im not going to go into right now

any bodybuilder flex on a regular basis whenever he can,, sometimes for a whole hour or 2 of simply nothing but flexing,,its very hard to do,, alot harder than actual lifting,, but its the best way to solidify something,,trust me on that i got enough titles behind me for 3 bodybuilders put together
fallen angel

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 01:00:54 AM »
Hey gh15, what do you think about forced strectching Doggcrapp-style??

Dante says your muscles will grow faster because of it!

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 04:18:03 AM »
what if it was a strong ubber band coach, what if the rubber wasnt affected by  the cold, like a super rubber band?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 06:32:18 AM »

true and true,every day pose and pose ,it makes you harder.clean or not.u be suprised with the ab tension daily.low bf helps too..

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 07:15:13 AM »

Yea its a much better experience stretching a cold muscle than after warming up. LOL!