Author Topic: Beta Alanine---the future of supps?  (Read 7129 times)

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
Re: Beta Alanine---the future of supps?
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2007, 11:16:46 PM »
sci fit just released a capsule version... Seems cool. 2gms of beta alanine and histadine in there too
-

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 03:05:39 PM »
I've read a lot of research on Beta-Alanine and attended seminars by various sports scientists discussing it, and from most of the studies it appears to enhance the benefits of creatine (which is why it is being added to other products) by balancing the Ph environment in the body... the side benefit is the increased carnosine production from Beta-Alanine alone, breaking down lactic acid build up and allowing for extra reps and increased cardio ability.

I have been using it for little over a month now.  It is straight BA with phosphates (which oxygenates your blood - also helping cardio levels).  I went a week without taking it and was very sorry because that was when the difference was noticable.  The "tingle" only lasts maybe 15-30 minutes, and if taken with food isn't very noticable... more of an itchy feeling.

Here is a link to the product
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/eball/black.html

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2007, 06:34:55 PM »
i ordered some... i will let you know what it does

copacetic

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2007, 02:11:53 AM »
why don't they have it at GNC or Vitamin shoppe? that sucks i don't wanna have to order over the internet bleh i mean they carry products that have it in there well there is one i think vitamin shoppe carries its this one
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=E4-1001
what is that its basically beta alanine + dextrose + bcaa's? but it looks like it will go quick......= overpriced?
so if i get some beta alanine pure powder can i just throw it in my protein shake or what does it taste bad or not like i throw creatine in my shake sometimes and it doesn't taste bad......

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2007, 08:53:47 AM »
why don't they have it at GNC or Vitamin shoppe?

A friend of mine who works at GNC said they will be carrying Black Beta in about a month, which is good because I hate buying from the internet also.

so if i get some beta alanine pure powder can i just throw it in my protein shake or what does it taste bad or not like i throw creatine in my shake sometimes and it doesn't taste bad......

I'm not sure how that would taste... being an amino acid, beta-alanine in powder form could possibly have a bitter taste or cause heartburn.  A lot of aminos are nasty tasting in powder form which is why they are mostly found in capsule form so that the capsule can slowly dissolve and reduce GI issues like burping up nasty tastes.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 10:30:24 AM »
alright...

i just took my first serving of Horsepower (from ultimate nutrition)... the beta-alanine tingles are real... and they are fuggin weird...

i am going to train in about 2 hours...

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2007, 10:36:36 AM »
pro source sells pure beta alanine a small container for like 15 bucks   i mix it with my superpump and size on   works well....helps me with fatigue

copacetic

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2007, 04:39:11 PM »
what is this carnosine i see it around at stores but can never find beta-alanine? i see it relates to it somehow? can you take this and combined with food = beta alanine in your body or what?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2007, 05:42:05 PM »
order it online... it increases carnosine... read this thread...

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2008, 09:16:09 PM »
The ON THRESHOLD is a good source of Beta Alanine.
It has 1.6 grams of Beta Alanine,  550 mg of L-Histidine.

I like how the Fruit Fusion flavor tastes. Sampled it at the Olympia and got good feedback. My husband  is the only one that was not excited about the taste.
They also have unflavored.
O

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2008, 05:11:01 PM »
i just took 25 grams of beta alanine for the fuck of it...and i have the intense sensation of a million little needles being poked in and out of my skin rapidly as fuck all over my body...this shit is insane!!

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2008, 05:42:45 PM »
I use Primaforces pure Beta Alanine powder, nice and cheap.  I've been using it for a few months now and it definitely helps to rep out a few more reps.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 06:01:33 PM »
I use Primaforces pure Beta Alanine powder, nice and cheap.  I've been using it for a few months now and it definitely helps to rep out a few more reps.
hahah! thats the shit i just drank about 45 mins ago now...     the tingle has already gone away, but now my right pec is involuntarily spasming

ScottWelch

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 10:23:31 PM »
The "tingly, itchy" feeling usually on your finger tips and scalp is a sign that there IS actual Beta Alanine in your product (and in high enough quantities). It feels very much like a Niacin flush feeling (those that have used Niacin to get vascularity out before a show will know the feeling I'm talking about).  I talked with the doctor that has the patent on Beta Alanine it and for some reason (that science cannot explain), the ingestion of carbs with it seems to remove this tingling sensation? 

Beta Alanine converts into Carnosine in the muscles and when there, acts as a free-radical scavenger that buffers lactic acid allowing you to get more reps before "the burn" makes you stop doing more reps.  Beta Alanine needs to be taken for 4 weeks straight to let the body's Carnosine levels build up in the muscle cells to a high enough level to exert the desired effect. 

Why not just take Carnosine then?  Good question.  The Carnosine molecule is too large to be absorbed into the muscle cells intact.

Beta Alanine stacks extremely well with Creatine as both have the ability to improve stamina and muscle energetics but through different pathways.  EAS has combined the two in the Phosphagen Elite formula (and even added carbs to remove the tingling feeling) but a series of other supplement companies will be adding Beta Alanine to their pre-workout formulas.  The only trouble with this is that they may not put enough Beta Alanine in the product to have the desired effect (and some don't list the amount they put in the product on their label) and many of these products contain lots of caffeine and other stimulants in their formula. The trouble is that you need to take Beta Alanine every day for 4 weeks straight to experience the full effect which means you will be cranked up on your stimulant-filled pre-workout drink every day of the week - even on training days!  Now this isn't necessarily a bad thing but not everyone likes being wired on non-training days! I take straight Beta Alanine on non-training days to avoid this. 

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2008, 06:01:37 AM »
The "tingly, itchy" feeling usually on your finger tips and scalp is a sign that there IS actual Beta Alanine in your product (and in high enough quantities). It feels very much like a Niacin flush feeling (those that have used Niacin to get vascularity out before a show will know the feeling I'm talking about).  I talked with the doctor that has the patent on Beta Alanine it and for some reason (that science cannot explain), the ingestion of carbs with it seems to remove this tingling sensation? 

Beta Alanine converts into Carnosine in the muscles and when there, acts as a free-radical scavenger that buffers lactic acid allowing you to get more reps before "the burn" makes you stop doing more reps.  Beta Alanine needs to be taken for 4 weeks straight to let the body's Carnosine levels build up in the muscle cells to a high enough level to exert the desired effect. 

Why not just take Carnosine then?  Good question.  The Carnosine molecule is too large to be absorbed into the muscle cells intact.

Beta Alanine stacks extremely well with Creatine as both have the ability to improve stamina and muscle energetics but through different pathways.  EAS has combined the two in the Phosphagen Elite formula (and even added carbs to remove the tingling feeling) but a series of other supplement companies will be adding Beta Alanine to their pre-workout formulas.  The only trouble with this is that they may not put enough Beta Alanine in the product to have the desired effect (and some don't list the amount they put in the product on their label) and many of these products contain lots of caffeine and other stimulants in their formula. The trouble is that you need to take Beta Alanine every day for 4 weeks straight to experience the full effect which means you will be cranked up on your stimulant-filled pre-workout drink every day of the week - even on training days!  Now this isn't necessarily a bad thing but not everyone likes being wired on non-training days! I take straight Beta Alanine on non-training days to avoid this. 
good shit. thanks for the info!

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2008, 12:59:41 AM »
I started using Incarnate about 2 weeks ago, pretty bad ass shit IMO.