Author Topic: Beta Alanine---the future of supps?  (Read 7112 times)

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
Beta Alanine---the future of supps?
« on: August 03, 2007, 01:59:26 PM »
More and more supps popping up featuring beta alanine as a primary ingredient.
Benefits include production of carnosine (which inhibits lactic acid), so slows fatigue and a skin tingle rush. What are your opinions on beta alanine. Do you feel that they offer substantial benefits for bodybuilders as well as endurance athletes? Anybody have experience with beta alanine?
-

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
Re: Beta Alanine---the future of supps?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 02:35:32 PM »
I've used beta-alanine numerous times experiencing the most success with the product Body Octane from MAN, although I have had friends say that they have experienced similar effects using less expensive products.  The natural production of carnosine it provides definitley gives you more endurance especially for post-workout cardio.  This makes B-A a great supplement to use while on a cutting diet.
Air Falcon

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 01:55:49 AM »
i will try it from next week on.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 10:45:04 AM »
More and more supps popping up featuring beta alanine as a primary ingredient.
Benefits include production of carnosine (which inhibits lactic acid), so slows fatigue and a skin tingle rush. What are your opinions on beta alanine. Do you feel that they offer substantial benefits for bodybuilders as well as endurance athletes? Anybody have experience with beta alanine?

I've used it, from two different products: Phosphagen HP and (currently) naNO Vapor.

The tingly feeling on the skin is weird, at first. But, I think beta-alanine definitely helps kick-start your workouts.

Plus, you can take it immediately before your workouts, so I would give products like naNO Vapor the edge over ones like NO-XPLODE.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 11:13:40 AM »
Im gonna try something new for my workout tonight, a new preworkout supp that features beta alanine. Its getting pretty solid feedback. Im wondering if its because of the beta alanine. CEE and KreAlkalyn are the creatines Arginine AKG and citruline malate  are the vaso dialators. Ill let you guys know how it goes. If beta alanine is all its cracked up to be.
-

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 03:39:52 PM »
Im gonna try something new for my workout tonight, a new preworkout supp that features beta alanine. Its getting pretty solid feedback. Im wondering if its because of the beta alanine. CEE and KreAlkalyn are the creatines Arginine AKG and citruline malate  are the vaso dialators. Ill let you guys know how it goes. If beta alanine is all its cracked up to be.

What is it??
Air Falcon

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 06:19:24 PM »
Torque by BodyFuel.  Its new... but we carry it, so i got to try it. But i have some of my superpump250 regulars (including myself ;)) raving about it. They say you dont wanna stop training. So im guessing its the beta alanine. Im stoked to try it. Ill let you know how it goes.
-

Markoni

• Getbig II
  • trueprotein discount code MOU110
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 10:58:09 PM »
some guys say that combination of beta alanine and creatine are good thing , any one try this way ?

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 11:41:17 AM »
K that stuff rocked my world. But i took it a little to late at night and it kept me up. I also think that it to be taken 30-40 mins prior to workout to really get that amped feeling the entire workout. The tingle is cool, but the intensity and focus was dope. Ill continue to see what happens, i hear beta alanine is fully working around 5 days.
-

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 02:50:20 AM »
I like it too, it's a great supp so far.

Just don't take it on an empty stomach, or the tingling will be very annoying. i took 4g today on an empty stomach in the morning, the tingling still lasts 2 hours later.  ;D ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 04:15:25 AM »
what is the active ingredient?  beta-alanine will not make you feel like that, it takes a week or 10 days to build up an effective dose...

is it just loaded with caffeine?

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 01:25:41 PM »
what is the active ingredient?  beta-alanine will not make you feel like that, it takes a week or 10 days to build up an effective dose...

is it just loaded with caffeine?
its starting to be included in preworkout supps. So the one im using is a 20,000mg  blend of cee, cre alkalyn, arginine akg, beta alanine, citrullene malate, tyrosine, rhodilia, caffine anhydrous
-

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 06:03:54 PM »
its starting to be included in preworkout supps. So the one im using is a 20,000mg  blend of cee, cre alkalyn, arginine akg, beta alanine, citrullene malate, tyrosine, rhodilia, caffine anhydrous

the caffeine is what you feel...

have you ever tried to take a couple of caffeine pills before a workout?  might have a similar effect for you for a lot less $$$$... beta alanine is interesting though.  i have yet to try it but the more research adds up the more it looks like the new creatine.

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 06:28:31 AM »
It is interesting stuff for sure. But, I am wondering if it is not more of a marketing scam than anything else. I mean how many products are out there that give you an immediate physical response? I mean think about it, you feel the effect so you say to yourself this must be working. From a marketing stand point it is genius, make people feel something and that equates to a product that works or actually does something. In reality it might just make you tingle and the rest is placebo, which is still good. I am alway complaining about not having energy to work out after work, so the guy at the gym gave me some White Flood. I am not sure yet if I will actually buy some, but I am still taking what I have Just to get my TINGLE on:)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 09:26:07 AM »
It is interesting stuff for sure. But, I am wondering if it is not more of a marketing scam than anything else. I mean how many products are out there that give you an immediate physical response? I mean think about it, you feel the effect so you say to yourself this must be working. From a marketing stand point it is genius, make people feel something and that equates to a product that works or actually does something. In reality it might just make you tingle and the rest is placebo, which is still good. I am alway complaining about not having energy to work out after work, so the guy at the gym gave me some White Flood. I am not sure yet if I will actually buy some, but I am still taking what I have Just to get my TINGLE on:)

I am trying it now for a few days (not the combo swoletrain uses, only beta-alanine), and i must say it seems to be similar to creatine, it gives you more power, and the burning in the muscles DEFINITLY comes later.

I am able to do more reps on nearly all exercises.

I've tried Arginine and NO boosters and they have done shit, but i would really suggest to try beta-alanine.

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 11:05:01 AM »

have you ever tried to take a couple of caffeine pills before a workout?  might have a similar effect for you for a lot less $$$$... beta alanine is interesting though.  i have yet to try it but the more research adds up the more it looks like the new creatine.

So, you think it is the caffine that makes your skin tingle? I have never had that feeling from any other supplement, caffine based or other wise.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 11:24:20 AM »

intense skin tingle is an immediate sign of beta alainine. Ya i used to be a big fan of eca preworkout. But since im in the supp indusrty i have to stay on top and give everything a try. Many people think supplements are a waste of money. I think that tv's and loud exhaust in your car is a waste of money. Prewokout supps are some of the best supps to hit the market in the last few years. They really give you an edge on your training. Beta alanine seems like the future of supps to me. I agree woo very similar to creatine.  I guess all we can do is wait and see, right?
-

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 01:05:49 PM »
I also want to try it but I cant seem to find it as a stand alone supplement.
Only as part of another supplement.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 03:48:28 PM »
intense skin tingle is an immediate sign of beta alainine. Ya i used to be a big fan of eca preworkout. But since im in the supp indusrty i have to stay on top and give everything a try. Many people think supplements are a waste of money. I think that tv's and loud exhaust in your car is a waste of money. Prewokout supps are some of the best supps to hit the market in the last few years. They really give you an edge on your training. Beta alanine seems like the future of supps to me. I agree woo very similar to creatine.  I guess all we can do is wait and see, right?

good points... i think i'm going to have to try it myself... i'll let people know after a month

copacetic

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 12:54:15 AM »

http://www.google.com/products?q=beta+alanine&btnG=Search+Products&scoring=p

I went to www.froogle.com and typed in beta alanine and then hit it to sort to lowest price and GNC has it even for the second cheapest price i think i'm going to go look for it in store though cause i'm guessing it'll be there but i dunno i dunno if this is a shitty brand or does it not matter like creatine?

Markoni

• Getbig II
  • trueprotein discount code MOU110
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 01:34:23 AM »

http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=25&pid=6778

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 02:55:28 AM »
Well, B-A takes like a month to top the carnosine levels to my knowledge. So if there is an immediate effect it's due to something else.

I'll be trying it soon though.

GetBigOrDieTrying

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 03:23:05 AM »
Apparently to my understanding it takes time to build up in your system , they say optimal results are seen with long term use + 8 weeks.That may just be supplement companies trying to sell more product. I bought bulk beta from a mate its dirt cheap. There is apparently a synergy between creatine and beta. I stopped taking all supp about a month ago and will be trying out some new combos in about a month from not. I have used it before by itself in its raw form. It did help with stamina for sure , got more reps out.

I used 6g a day split into 3 dose. Morning , pre and post work out for 4 weeks then reduced it to a pre work out post work out serving. I was on a lot of different products including gear so I would like to test it by itself.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 08:35:56 AM »
So, you think it is the caffine that makes your skin tingle? I have never had that feeling from any other supplement, caffine based or other wise.

Caffeine has nothing to do with it. The first supplement I tried with beta-alanine was Phosphagen Elite, which has no caffeine. And, I definitely got the tingly feeling, particularly in my hands and forearms.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 05:56:14 PM »
Caffeine has nothing to do with it. The first supplement I tried with beta-alanine was Phosphagen Elite, which has no caffeine. And, I definitely got the tingly feeling, particularly in my hands and forearms.

intesresting...

bulksupplements.ca sells it in bulk.... pure beta-alanine... cheap too... i think i have to make an order