Author Topic: Back to the gym tomorrow!!!  (Read 1950 times)

JasonH

• Getbig V
Back to the gym tomorrow!!!
« on: August 03, 2007, 02:32:08 PM »

Ok I'll level with ya's all.

I've been taking a "break" from bodybuilding since October 06. Haven't picked up a weight, haven't set foot in a gym, haven't done jack with my life except work 9-5 and take the odd holiday here and there.

So, I made the decision to return to the gym starting from tomorrow and so I took a couple of measurements just to see how I'm faring.

Height is 5'10"
Weight is 213lbs
Chest is 47 inch
Biceps are 17 inch
Waist is a ridiculous 37 inch (not good)  :-\

These are all genuine measurements (I have no need to lie). I have no idea what my bodyfat is but I'd estimate around 17-18%.

This is easily the worst shape I have ever been in for about ten years. I starting lifting in 1993 and started taking gear in 2002. The last time I shot gear was in 06 just before I quit but this time I'm going back natural. This is the longest layof I've ever had (I've never taken off more than a month in the 14 years I've been lifting) so heading back to the iron will be tough.

I'll hopefully post some pics in the not too distant future and give an update on my progress as I go.

Flame on chaps.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Back to the gym tomorrow!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 02:38:31 PM »
Get to it!
HAHA, RON.....

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 02:47:24 PM »
Only 3 more inches on the waist and you will be clinically obese. C'mon, Big J, you can do it!!

You just need to start supersetting the Irn Bru and deep fried pizzas.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 02:49:40 PM »
how much weight in 4 years of juicing you reckon you've kept
Z

LongtimeLurker

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 02:51:05 PM »
Go for it BigJ!  Let your results and progress motivate the rest of us as you get back into training.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 02:58:48 PM »
how much weight in 4 years of juicing you reckon you've kept

It's hard to say - before I started on the gear I was 225 but my bodyfat was higher due to the extra food I was eating to keep my bodyweight high for strength gains. When I was hitting the test and deca my weight went up to 250 and my bodyfat stayed relatively static. The heaviest I've been was 250 and that was in 04 when I joined Getbig (hence the name BigJ - haha). My arms have been as high as 20 inches and my chest has been as high as 52in.

To answer your question - I've probably kept a little of the gains I had when I was on gear but the proof will be in the pudding when I go back tomorrow and over the next few months - to see how high I can go naturally while keeping my bodyfat around this level it is now. It'll be interesting to see how well my body now responds to training stimulation after such a long layoff - I do expect a rapid rise in bodyweight over the next few weeks and I expect to be up to 225 in about a month to six weeks.

I had my first protein shake tonight in nearly a year!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 03:01:18 PM »
allright just wondering if juicing made a difference to the better ot not
Z

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 04:03:26 PM »
It's hard to say - before I started on the gear I was 225 but my bodyfat was higher due to the extra food I was eating to keep my bodyweight high for strength gains. When I was hitting the test and deca my weight went up to 250 and my bodyfat stayed relatively static. The heaviest I've been was 250 and that was in 04 when I joined Getbig (hence the name BigJ - haha). My arms have been as high as 20 inches and my chest has been as high as 52in.

To answer your question - I've probably kept a little of the gains I had when I was on gear but the proof will be in the pudding when I go back tomorrow and over the next few months - to see how high I can go naturally while keeping my bodyfat around this level it is now. It'll be interesting to see how well my body now responds to training stimulation after such a long layoff - I do expect a rapid rise in bodyweight over the next few weeks and I expect to be up to 225 in about a month to six weeks.

I had my first protein shake tonight in nearly a year!
::)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 04:04:31 PM »
::)

another genetic super star...these fucker are amazing...a new one every day

fucking classic

"It's hard to say - before I started on the gear I was 225 but my bodyfat was higher due to the extra food I was eating to keep my bodyweight high for strength gains. When I was hitting the test and deca my weight went up to 250 and my bodyfat stayed relatively static. The heaviest I've been was 250 and that was in 04 when I joined Getbig (hence the name BigJ - haha). My arms have been as high as 20 inches and my chest has been as high as 52in."
Here comes the money shot

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 04:07:47 PM »
another genetic super star...these fucker are amazing...a new one every day

fucking classic

"It's hard to say - before I started on the gear I was 225 but my bodyfat was higher due to the extra food I was eating to keep my bodyweight high for strength gains. When I was hitting the test and deca my weight went up to 250 and my bodyfat stayed relatively static. The heaviest I've been was 250 and that was in 04 when I joined Getbig (hence the name BigJ - haha). My arms have been as high as 20 inches and my chest has been as high as 52in."

Good point. Pathetic.....
HAHA, RON.....

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 04:28:39 PM »
You are so gonna regret this ;D

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 04:31:29 PM »

I don't think so.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 04:33:02 PM »
I don't think so.

lol the gym... good luck with that I had breaks before not as long as you but breaks never less....

no no no I meant posting this here, you will regret that ;)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 04:36:59 PM »

BIGGGJ's been taking names and kicking ass in the corporate world too.  He's part of "management," and has rare insights into what it takes to succeed.  He was BORN TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 04:39:02 PM »
hahahaha, i remember this clown from last year, he posted his lifts of 300 pound shoulder press, 520 pound squat and 20 inch arms and then posted a picture at a show doing the rolling thunder grip thing and he was literally 180 pounds at like 5'10" wearing a 3XL football jersey with toothpick forearms and i was laughing my ass off.

TheDoctor

• Getbig III
  • I am Fat and Bulking,Im sensitive about my weight.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 04:31:38 AM »
How can you have a 37inch waist at 5,10 and only be 213 pounds you must have some very strange proportions.
Goal to lift Heavy

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 04:36:25 AM »
How can you have a 37inch waist at 5,10 and only be 213 pounds you must have some very strange proportions.

Are you calling him out?

TheDoctor

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 04:53:16 AM »
Are you calling him out?
Im 6ft at a 122kg this morning before i went to the gym my waist is just over 37inches i am layered in a nice suit of FAT not a vein in site, i am bulking and i am a FRIDGE even Homer Simpson weighs 250.
I do not get it
Oh and my bodyfat must be atleast 25%
Goal to lift Heavy

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 05:54:50 AM »
hahahaha, i remember this clown from last year, he posted his lifts of 300 pound shoulder press, 520 pound squat and 20 inch arms and then posted a picture at a show doing the rolling thunder grip thing and he was literally 180 pounds at like 5'10" wearing a 3XL football jersey with toothpick forearms and i was laughing my ass off.
hahahaha! me too ;D

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 06:06:44 AM »

You've never seen dudes with fat guts but skinny everywhere else?
E

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2007, 06:07:15 AM »
hahahaha! me too ;D

lol i remember that image :D

TheDoctor

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 06:07:44 AM »
hahahaha! me too ;D

Maybe he was clean. ???
Goal to lift Heavy

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2007, 06:08:39 AM »
Are you calling him out?

Yep, on this:
I have no idea what my bodyfat is but I'd estimate around 17-18%.

I don't claim he's telling porkies, but he is mistaken.  

Go get tested.  You're in for a suprise.

TheDoctor

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2007, 06:09:29 AM »
You've never seen dudes with fat guts but skinny everywhere else?
Only Alcholics with beer guts.
Goal to lift Heavy

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2007, 06:12:57 AM »
Only Alcholics with beer guts.
I watched this show about people in England who eat 33,000 calories a day. I think this guy is from there, people in England are pretty fat I think, even wore than us Americans, he is probably just a lardass, 37 is a huge waist.
E