Author Topic: Rudy Giuliani's Daughter Shows Preference for Barack Obama in Facebook Profile  (Read 1056 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Doh! 

Rudy Giuliani's Daughter Shows Preference for Barack Obama in Facebook Profile
Monday, August 06, 2007

WASHINGTON —  The daughter of Republican hopeful Rudy Giuliani has signaled she's backing Democrat Barack Obama for president.

According to her Facebook profile, Giuliani's 17-year-old daughter, Caroline, belonged to Democrat Barack Obama's Facebook group "Barack Obama (One Million Strong for Barack)." She left the group Monday morning after the online magazine Slate sent an inquiry.

Her profile can be viewed by Facebook users who have access to New York City's Trinity School or Harvard University networks. Caroline, who is Giuliani's daughter with his second wife, Donna Hanover, recently graduated from Trinity and will attend Harvard in the fall.

Slate posted a screen shot of her profile, which uses a slightly different last name. She lists herself as having liberal political views.

Giuliani, a leading Republican candidate, has asked for privacy to deal with strained relationships in his family. Son Andrew, 21, has said their relationship became distant after Giuliani's messy divorce from the children's mother and his marriage to third wife Judith Nathan.

"There's obviously a little problem that exists between me and his wife," Andrew Giuliani told The New York Times earlier this year.

Republican Presidential Debate Hits on Iraq, Abortion, Gun Rights John McCain Dismisses Gingrich Criticism of Republican Presidential Field Gingrich Jabs at GOP Pursuing 2008 White House Nod Democratic 2008 Candidates Outraise Republicans by $30 Million in 2nd Quarter New YouTube Video Shows Mitt Romney Distancing Himself From Republicans Fred Thompson Thrills Young GOP, Romney Also Impresses Conservatives Chalk Up Win Streak, But Still No Reason to Cheer In May, Giuliani attended his daughter's high school graduation but kept a low profile, sitting in a last row balcony seat with his wife and leaving without speaking to his daughter, the New York Daily News reported.

Neither the Giuliani nor Obama campaigns had any comment on Caroline's political preference.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292297,00.html

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
His kids seem to hate him. There was some story about his son bad mouthing him earlier to the press earlier this year. I forget the details, but I think the two of them are estranged from each other.

Giulliani is not known for his diplomatic skills. He was notorious for not being able to compromise here  as a mayor. I don't know if that's such a great quality for a president.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
His kids seem to hate him. There was some story about his son bad mouthing him earlier to the press earlier this year. I forget the details, but I think the two of them are estranged from each other.

Giulliani is not known for his diplomatic skills. He was notorious for not being able to compromise here  as a mayor. I don't know if that's such a great quality for a president.

I understand his divorce was quite nasty. Unfortunately they tear families apart and the kids are the ones who get screwed over.

What was Giulliani notorious for not compromising? His preferences or his principals?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT

Yeah, both his kids do not seem to think highly of him. Personally, this turns me right off the man.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Yeah, both his kids do not seem to think highly of him. Personally, this turns me right off the man.

I agree.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini

Yeah, family life can be tough sometimes, but it's kind of hard to turn your kids against you... especially when you emerged as a national hero during America's bleakest tragedy.

He has a reputation of being pig-headed and spiteful. That might be more effective on the city level, where you have the option to micro-manage, but being the Chief Executive calls for a more deft hand in terms of ability to delegate and simply being able to cooperate with opponents.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Interesting article in this week's Village Voice. They detail Giulliani's philandering ways and dismal family situation:

The breakup was so botched that everyone is still scarred. The kids aren't listed on Giuliani's website bio. Donna wasn't acknowledged in a four-page list of the hundreds of important people in Giuliani's life at the end of his bestseller Leadership, though the dog Goalie did get a thank-you. Giuliani didn't go to Andrew's high-school graduation, and, just a couple of months ago, he insisted on bringing Nathan to Caroline's. He and Judi wound up sitting in the balcony and leaving without speaking to her. No wonder Caroline told reporters at the graduation: "I am celebrating with my mom, my stepfather, my brother, and our other family members."

That wasn't a presidential endorsement either

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0733,barrett,77518,2.html