Author Topic: Who's going to UFC 75?  (Read 2201 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Who's going to UFC 75?
« on: August 08, 2007, 04:31:38 AM »
I'm flying to London to watch this. Looks like a pretty good card to me:  8)

* PRIDE champion Dan Henderson vs. UFC champion Quinton Jackson (for UFC light heavyweight belt)
    * Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic vs. Cheick Kongo
    * Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill
    * Houston Alexander vs. Alessio Sakara
    * Marcus Davis vs. Paul Taylor
    * Terry Etim vs. Gleison Tibau
    * Anthony Johnson vs. Jess Liaudin
    * Dennis Siver vs. TBA

Will be cool to see Dan Henderson live, must be close to 10 years since he fought outta Japan.
Z

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Re: Who's going to UFC 75?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 02:12:46 AM »

* PRIDE champion Dan Henderson vs. UFC champion Quinton Jackson (for UFC light heavyweight belt)
    * Dennis Siver vs. TBA

Will be cool to see Dan Henderson live, must be close to 10 years since he fought outta Japan.

Lucky you.  Hendo may surprise some folks. 

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 03:10:13 AM »
Bluto,  are you an MMA fighter?  Saw several threads that indicated you were.  What is your record?  Got any clips? 

Good luck

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 09:52:05 AM »
Bluto,  are you an MMA fighter?  Saw several threads that indicated you were.  What is your record?  Got any clips? 

Good luck

nope. i just pretend to be one on the internet  ;)
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 09:53:04 AM »
Lucky you.  Hendo may surprise some folks. 

im surprised at the quality of that card. didnt think they would let him debut in an european show and rampage title is allready on the line...
chuck might be heading the same way arlowski went...
Z

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 03:05:24 PM »

* Dennis Siver vs. TBA

I think liddell's best chance to get the 205lb title back is if hendo wins this one,I think he's made to order for chuck and I'm thinkin white won't let this match up get away from him......

and hamill's gonna take the mother of all beatins that night,absolutely no standup and he'll never get bisping off his feet.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 03:07:44 PM »
Are they gonna fuck us Americans again on this one and show it at like noon?
E

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 03:37:52 PM »
Are they gonna fuck us Americans again on this one and show it at like noon?

it's on spike so ya really can't bitch too much.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 03:38:16 PM »
it's on spike so ya really can't bitch too much.

Oh, cool!
E

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 03:39:49 PM »
and come to think of it if I remember correctly spike showed it live at a decent time for us which means the fights were at an odd hour there

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 03:43:28 PM »
and come to think of it if I remember correctly spike showed it live at a decent time for us which means the fights were at an odd hour there

No, they showed them in the evening cuz I was fucking with my buddy and wanted to bet against Cro-Crop, and he was all over it but I obviously couldn't do it cuz I had already watched him get knocked out online.
E

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 03:49:34 PM »
I guess I was wrong then,did'nt realize they taped delayed the last one

my bad

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 03:50:29 PM »
im gonna wear my getbig.com t-shirt and give you the finger in front of the camera!

Z

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 06:14:02 PM »
So we should look for you in a size small pink cammo shirt???? Where are your tickets at in the arena, have you bought them or what.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 02:04:21 AM »
So we should look for you in a size small pink cammo shirt???? Where are your tickets at in the arena, have you bought them or what.

it's practically sold out from what i understand
£300 ringside, section h

Z

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 11:35:21 AM »
So, can we expect you to post a picture of you proving you were there? Nevermind, like Sincity said, we'll just look for the 110 pound twink sitting with his husband ringside.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 02:45:17 PM »
 :-*
Z

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2007, 01:11:37 AM »
i will see you there tough guy  ::)
T

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2007, 10:22:02 PM »
I think liddell's best chance to get the 205lb title back is if hendo wins this one,I think he's made to order for chuck and I'm thinkin white won't let this match up get away from him......

and hamill's gonna take the mother of all beatins that night,absolutely no standup and he'll never get bisping off his feet.

Are you joking me?  Chuck is tailor made for Hendo.  Best chance for Chuck is if Tito somehow wins the belt.  Chuck is known for good wrestling, and good power in both hands.  Hendo has better wrestling, just as much power, is better conditioned, and is a killer in the clinch.  Did you ever see what Pele did to Chuck? We all saw what Hendo can do to muay thai based fighters as well. 

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 11:24:23 AM »
Are you joking me?  Chuck is tailor made for Hendo.  Best chance for Chuck is if Tito somehow wins the belt.  Chuck is known for good wrestling, and good power in both hands.  Hendo has better wrestling, just as much power, is better conditioned, and is a killer in the clinch.  Did you ever see what Pele did to Chuck? We all saw what Hendo can do to muay thai based fighters as well. 

hendo dos'nt stand a chance in hell of gettin chuck off his feet and keeping him there,that and his wing span is too small to deal with chucks stand up and reach,hendo's not nearly as strong as tito is and if tito could'nt do anything with chuck once he got inside what makes you think hendo could ? ,and while hendos had some success with heavier guy's I don't see him banging with someone who's not gonna go to the ground and has a size advantage

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 02:52:12 AM »
Hendo did a helluva job against both Nog brothers who outweigh him by 15 and 30 lbs respectively.  Lil Nog boxes at the national level in Brazil, and Big Nog has trained with the Cuban National boxing team.  Both of these guys couldn't KO Hendo.  Hendo has enough power in both hands to KO Chuck.  I don't think Dan would try and take Chuck down, ( he rarely does) and I think Chuck's style of flat on his feet, hands low (to defend the takedown) is ripe for a hook or cross (As Page demonstrated).  Most people are too respectful of Chuck's hands, and allow him to stand at range and pick them apart.  Hendo would crowd Chuck and throw bombs.  His ability to crowd, and dominate the clinch would allow Hendo to KO Chuck. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 10:12:05 AM »
First off, that "size advantage" theory is bullshit. Hendo's one of the strongest fighters around and would be able to handle Chuck's GH gut induced strength without a problem. Read any interview of people who have trained with him. They said his strength is insane. Secondly, once Chuck got inside Hendo wouldn't mean anything. Like Bulldog said, Hendo's comfortable working out of the clinch.

I thought Rampage ko'ing Chuck would get rid of these "Chuck Liddell is GOD" fanboys. Silly me.  ::)

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 01:26:37 PM »
well I hope hendo does get past rampage so dana'll put chuck and hendo together and then I can prove you guys wrong and then once again lidell AND ME will be gods around here !

>:(

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 03:10:45 PM »
Hendo will not shoot a single or double on Chuck.  His defense is awkward and effective footwork with a broad base and flat footed.  Terrible tactics against a striker.  Watch Chuck's fight against Pele, Overeem, Mezger, he was getting rocked on his feet.  When he fights guys who will shoot, his tactics work like a charm.  Hendo is a GRECO guy, who will tie people up in close and drop short punches which open you up for bigger punches.  He rarely kicks, and because of his striking style is open to being taken down himself.  (Hendo)  Chuck will have to beat Jardine (which I think he will) and then fight Wandy.  I think Shogun is in line for a title shot before Chuck.  After Shogun dispatches Forrest, we will see Shogun/winner of Page/Hendo. 

Of course we could have none of the above if TUF grads in Forrest and Jardine beat the heavily favored Liddell and Rua. 

Pele put Chuck down with a head kick....  And he was 35+ lbs lighter than Chuck for that fight.  I miss Fredrico Lapienda produced fights.