Author Topic: AL SHARPTON HATES "BLACK" MUSIC...  (Read 1152 times)

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
AL SHARPTON HATES "BLACK" MUSIC...
« on: August 08, 2007, 07:59:18 AM »
Sharpton Targets Degrading Rap Lyrics
Aug 7, 5:35 PM EST

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Protests were held in more than 20 cities Tuesday over the use of degrading lyrics by the music industry, the Rev. Al Sharpton said.

The so-called Day of Outrage, organized by Sharpton's National Action Network, included protests in New York, Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, Houston, Richmond, Va., Jacksonville, Fla., and other cities.

Sharpton, who led a demonstration at the Motown Museum in Detroit, said, "I'm here in Motown in Detroit as a symbol of when music was not denigrating and was entertaining."

Sharpton announced an initiative in April to combat the use of gutter terms in rap music.

He called Tuesday for the withdrawal of public funds from entertainment companies that "won't clean up their act."

Some people in the music industry have defended rappers' free-speech rights but say the degrading words at the center of the debate should be treated the same as extreme profanities and consistently blanked out of clean and radio versions of songs.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: AL SHARPTON HATES "BLACK" MUSIC...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 08:13:09 AM »
Up until a a few months ago, he regularly recruited rappers to help him get his "message" out. His activism is so shallow. He never cared about denigrating language until his hypocrisy was laid out during the Imus debacle.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 08:17:52 AM »
very true...  He should lay low for a while, even black people are getting tired of see news about him.

jrock

• Getbig IV
  • Test does a body best
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 05:10:34 PM »
everyone has been tired of him for years.  the only reason you EVER hear about him is because the media is in the business of selling controversy.  this gives him the forum for his pot-stirring episodes.  jmo

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 09:06:38 PM »
He's a cock sucker and an absolute joke.

Why does the media put a camera on his charred face?

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 07:39:06 AM »
Why does the media put a camera on his charred face?

That is the million dollar question right there.

The media has absolutely went foul. They push absolute garbage. I don't think they would push it if we just ignored it and refused to take in garbage news daily like what's out there now.

All it takes is for some to react (good/bad) to whatever they feed us now for the media to keep it going until it's finally died out with no resolution to what they spun for weeks.

They could care less if there is a resolution to ANYTHING they feed...they just want ratings, listeners, supporters, non supporters..etc to react period and usually the people reacting are mindless tools with opinions only and no resolution either.

The one that really gets me is how the media spins things and people actually buy into it when the entire time if the sh*t wasn't plastered all over the news, papers...etc in the first place and dealt with accordingly as it should and seen as NOT newsworthy material.....most wouldn't even know about it.

But then again you have some who feel like they should know everything so they can throw in their 2 cents. My thing is watching T.O. do sit-ups in his drive way or watching Paris go to jail or something like that is NOT news material to me and should have never even be aired.....period.

Just me going off.....lol.   I'm good now.  ;D

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 08:06:07 AM »
Good posts guys...  I could agree more with you guys!  the media will sell anything that gets a reaction.  I wonder if Al himself realizes what a joke he is...discuss.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 08:19:40 AM »
Good posts guys...  I could agree more with you guys!  the media will sell anything that gets a reaction.  I wonder if Al himself realizes what a joke he is...discuss.

He has to. I remember (think it was on HBO or something) where he was questioned about that drug deal operation caught on tape with that FBI agent. Then he tried to sue HBO for like a billion dollars or some sh*t because he said they edited the tape.

Why would he even be in the room talking about cocaine..etc with a "drug dealer" and you were supposed to be some "leader" or something positive...etc. in the first place. He mentioned he was just talking like he was from the street etc to not lose credit with the "dealer" who was a narc the entire time.....lol. 

C'mon Al...please. The dude is a joke and it kills me how he and Jesse think they are minority saviours when they are both clowns themselves. They may do their share or whatever and may have done more than I ever could to help, but they are some clowns man seriously. Let's be real here.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 08:29:03 AM »
do you think it gets up every morning as says into a mirror....."I am good, I am great, and Dawgonit, people like me..."   ???

If I was black, I wouldn't want this loser speaking for me.  The truth of the matter is that all of the people that he represents are poor excuse for humans.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 09:16:04 AM »
do you think it gets up every morning as says into a mirror....."I am good, I am great, and Dawgonit, people like me..."   ???

If I was black, I wouldn't want this loser speaking for me.  The truth of the matter is that all of the people that he represents are poor excuse for humans.

I'm still amazed at how he has the moxie to even show his face and actually voice his views on anything publicly let alone convince himself he actually is liked in the general publics view. lol

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 09:35:17 AM »
gluton for punishment....lmao~! ;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 02:10:36 PM »
His activism is so shallow. He never cared about denigrating language until his hypocrisy was laid out during the Imus debacle.

Not true.

You can question his sincerity at the time (or even now), but at least he went on the record with anti-music campaign a few years ago.