Author Topic: Yanks 5 back of Boston!!!!  (Read 19750 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Yanks 5 back of Boston!!!!
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2007, 08:26:36 PM »
Pretty sure njflex is a Yankees fan.
die hard,meant in a negative way to farnsworth,100 mph occassionally and he throws f##### sliders,has no trust in his fastball or where it will go,location pfffttt,joba is making me a believer and fast cause u know how the yes network blows up  its talent.sweep was great and now tampa,i hated schilling even when he a was a philly,had that arrogant way then .has lost it and is going to free angency with a less dominating fashion.cano probably along with arod scares most pitchers,kid is good,just like soriano will never walk or take a pitch.youkalis is turning into a millar/nixon type,gritty,hard nosed,but as a yankee fan i think he's a j.o......

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2007, 09:05:30 AM »
Joba just spiced up the rivalry with two 99mph fastballs over Youkalis's head :o

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2007, 10:04:57 AM »
Joba just spiced up the rivalry with two 99mph fastballs over Youkalis's head :o

It'd be a lot cooler if they were 6 inches lower. Joba needs to sack up.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2007, 02:29:11 PM »
The two game supspension he just got is horseshit.

The sox have been drilling the Yankees with impunity forever.  Matsuzaka's 1st and 2nd straight drillings of ARod go unpunished, the 1st one being closer to his head than either of the Chamberlain fastballs.

Youklis is one of the biggest crybabies I've seen, and that's saying a lot considering I watched Paul O'Neill for so long.    He bitches about everything.  The sox want to focus on a ninth inning incident so they don't have to think about the reaming they just got.

Papelbon was quoted as saying they've awoken the sleeping giant.  Sleeping giant?  Didn't they just outscore Chicago 60-10 or something the series before?

Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2007, 07:06:57 PM »
The two game supspension he just got is horseshit.

The sox have been drilling the Yankees with impunity forever.  Matsuzaka's 1st and 2nd straight drillings of ARod go unpunished, the 1st one being closer to his head than either of the Chamberlain fastballs.

Youklis is one of the biggest crybabies I've seen, and that's saying a lot considering I watched Paul O'Neill for so long.    He bitches about everything.  The sox want to focus on a ninth inning incident so they don't have to think about the reaming they just got.

Papelbon was quoted as saying they've awoken the sleeping giant.  Sleeping giant?  Didn't they just outscore Chicago 60-10 or something the series before?

he was a non factor,great arm,ugly mug.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2007, 07:36:17 AM »
Outscoring Chicago is about as praiseworthy as fucking the fat girl you pick up at last call at some hole in the wall bar. That team is a walking disaster and any team worth their salt should have a run differential like that.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2007, 04:18:28 PM »
Outscoring Chicago is about as praiseworthy as fucking the fat girl you pick up at last call at some hole in the wall bar. That team is a walking disaster and any team worth their salt should have a run differential like that.

My point was that the Papelbon quote was stupid about the giant sleeping because they had just won two straight series.
Y

body88

« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2007, 04:24:47 PM »
My point was that the Papelbon quote was stupid about the giant sleeping because they had just won two straight series.

B fury is here to stir the pot.He is not objective at all. The red sox could cure cancer and he would find something negative to say.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2007, 09:55:13 AM »
B fury is here to stir the pot.He is not objective at all. The red sox could cure cancer and he would find something negative to say.

No, what will happen is the Yanks will cure cancer and 25 other diseases and 86 years down the road the Sox will do something like that once and talk like they're on the same level.  ;)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2007, 01:54:10 PM »
6 Games ;D
L

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2007, 07:27:45 PM »
6 Games ;D

6, 12 , 14.5, who cares?

Last three series Yanks are 7-2 vs. sox.  If they get the WC, the division title means litte.
Y

body88

« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2007, 08:32:41 PM »
6, 12 , 14.5, who cares?

Last three series Yanks are 7-2 vs. sox.  If they get the WC, the division title means litte.

A lot of people care about the division. A lot of arrogant yankee fans (not talking about you) don't want to have to concede the yankees lost the division to Boston. I don't happen to care much about the division. I feel the same way you do. Its all about the playoffs. The yankees have a winning record vs Boston recently. They also got pounded by the tigers the series before. Anything can happen. The 7-2 number means as much as winning the division come playoff time.

Imo sox will be a dif team come playoff time. Yankees are dangerous. Would be an epic series I am sure.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2007, 09:39:59 AM »
A lot of people care about the division. A lot of arrogant yankee fans (not talking about you) don't want to have to concede the yankees lost the division to Boston. I don't happen to care much about the division. I feel the same way you do. Its all about the playoffs. The yankees have a winning record vs Boston recently. They also got pounded by the tigers the series before. Anything can happen. The 7-2 number means as much as winning the division come playoff time.

Imo sox will be a dif team come playoff time. Yankees are dangerous. Would be an epic series I am sure.

Why do you keep bringing up the Tigers series? The Tiger have already swept the Sox this year, meanwhile the Yanks managed to avoid that.  ::)

Sox have done nothing since June, remember that. Personally, I don't think they can beat the Angels or the Indians at this point anyway.

body88

« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2007, 09:43:58 AM »
Why do you keep bringing up the Tigers series? The Tiger have already swept the Sox this year, meanwhile the Yanks managed to avoid that.  ::)

Sox have done nothing since June, remember that. Personally, I don't think they can beat the Angels or the Indians at this point anyway.

The sox have a better winning percentage as a whole then the yankees do, and are now 7 games up. I don't really care what they have done. Whatever it is they still have a sizable lead for the division.

My point was none of this means anything in the playoffs. As illustrated by the tigers the Yankees can get slammed by any of the contenders.

I have said not to count the yankees out all year. You keep ignoring I was one of the few not talking smack when the yankees where losing every game they played in.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2007, 11:48:52 AM »
6, 12 , 14.5, who cares?

Since the implementation of the Wild Card the Division Title ultimately means very little.

Although I've seen and heard HUNDREDS of Yankee fans say the exact opposite in the last few years. In fact that was their rally cry when the Yanks were humiliated in 04. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the "Yankees won the Division" rant in the last 2 years.

I'm not saying you are one of those people but to deny that many Yanks fans hold winning the Division up on a pedestal is dishonest.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2007, 01:33:34 PM »

Although I've seen and heard HUNDREDS of Yankee fans say the exact opposite in the last few years. In fact that was their rally cry when the Yanks were humiliated in 04. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the "Yankees won the Division" rant in the last 2 years.

I'm not saying you are one of those people but to deny that many Yanks fans hold winning the Division up on a pedestal is dishonest.

Any Yankee fan who brags about the division is a moron.  They probably wear AL East Championship clothing.  This is not to say winning 11 straight division titles in not something special, because it is - getting to the playoffs 11 years in a row is something special as well.   Look how many teams don't get there within a year or two after winning the WS.   That's not the point though.

Altough my team has not been the benefactor of the WC as much as it has been for the sox, I'm not against it.  It makes the end of the season all the more interesting because of the additional teams, and it prevents every team that's out of it from dumping their good players to the contenders.

What I am against is that a 162 game season's first round is decided by a three out of five.  Any team can win that.  I think a four out of seven would generally get the better team by.

I also don't consider '04 a humiliation.  The sox had a much better pitching staff, which played out over the best of seven.  In theory, their comeback was only set up because their two big name pitchers didn't pitch as well as they should have.
Y

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2007, 01:35:16 PM »
Any Yankee fan who brags about the division is a moron.  They probably wear AL East Championship clothing.  This is not to say winning 11 straight division titles in not something special, because it is - getting to the playoffs 11 years in a row is something special as well.  Look how many teams don't get there within a year or two after winning the WS.   That's not the point though.

Hmm, wonder what team has accomplished that? HMMMM!!!!!!!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2007, 09:29:42 PM »
Any Yankee fan who brags about the division is a moron.  They probably wear AL East Championship clothing.  This is not to say winning 11 straight division titles in not something special, because it is - getting to the playoffs 11 years in a row is something special as well.   Look how many teams don't get there within a year or two after winning the WS.   That's not the point though.

Altough my team has not been the benefactor of the WC as much as it has been for the sox, I'm not against it.  It makes the end of the season all the more interesting because of the additional teams, and it prevents every team that's out of it from dumping their good players to the contenders.

What I am against is that a 162 game season's first round is decided by a three out of five.  Any team can win that.  I think a four out of seven would generally get the better team by.

I also don't consider '04 a humiliation.  The sox had a much better pitching staff, which played out over the best of seven.  In theory, their comeback was only set up because their two big name pitchers didn't pitch as well as they should have.

I can't argue with the first part of your post because I agree with it although the "benefactor" quip sounds a bit disingenuous coming from a Yankee fan. I respect your point of view so no flaming intended.

As to your humiliation post can you honestly say for one moment that if the Sox had blown a 3-0 lead in the ALCS to the Yankees that each and every Yankee fan (not just the trolls) would not have been clamoring on endlessly about how humiliated the Sox were?

Face it, losing 4 in a row after being up 3-0 in the ALCS is humiliating. There's no denying it. The Sox have been humiliated many times, it is what it is, accept it and move on.

body88

« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2007, 06:37:38 AM »
I can't argue with the first part of your post because I agree with it although the "benefactor" quip sounds a bit disingenuous coming from a Yankee fan. I respect your point of view so no flaming intended.

As to your humiliation post can you honestly say for one moment that if the Sox had blown a 3-0 lead in the ALCS to the Yankees that each and every Yankee fan (not just the trolls) would not have been clamoring on endlessly about how humiliated the Sox were?

Face it, losing 4 in a row after being up 3-0 in the ALCS is humiliating. There's no denying it. The Sox have been humiliated many times, it is what it is, accept it and move on.

I agree. Had the sox collapsed like the yankees did in 04 we would never live it down. The reason the vast majority of yankee fans don't care about the division this year, is because they are not likely to win it. I have been hearing about the division from yankees fans forever. Especially since 04.

As much as most wont admit it, it would really annoy the yankee fans out there to have to concede the division to the bo sox. Effin you are absolutely correct. it is what it is. Losing that series in 04 was humiliating for yankees fans. Sox fans have felt that way many times.

I don't care much about the division. I just want the sox to be healthy heading into the playoffs.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2007, 06:43:52 AM »
I agree. Had the sox collapsed like the yankees did in 04 we would never live it down. The reason the vast majority of yankee fans don't care about the division this year, is because they are not likely to win it. I have been hearing about the division from yankees fans forever. Especially since 04.

As much as most wont admit it, it would really annoy the yankee fans out there to have to concede the division to the bo sox. Effin you are absolutely correct. it is what it is. Losing that series in 04 was humiliating for yankees fans. Sox fans have felt that way many times.

I don't care much about the division. I just want the sox to be healthy heading into the playoffs.

Bump for emphasis!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2007, 06:57:56 AM »

But the point is sox fans want Yankee fans to still be miserable over it, and it's just not the case.  Yes, I hated it at the time, especially the way it all played out.  It just doesn't bother me anymore.  It was gone the next season.

'01 still bugs me, though.  That was a WS that was to be had, and there were TWO big mistakes in that inning, one physical + mental, and one mental.   I hated to seethe the run end because the Yankees f'd up, not for what the Diamond Backs did.  I don't think we'll see a shot at 4 straight from ANY team now, given the way MLB is.

Y

body88

« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2007, 07:25:03 AM »
Bump for emphasis!

Are you going to contribute to this thread like grape ape? Or are you going to just troll around and wait for a chance to insult Red sox fans, Boston, the Red sox and Fenway as a whole.

Effin and I just admitted the humiliation sox fans have felt at the hands of the yankees many times. What is the point of your post above. Derail a perfectly good debate? Or just plunge it into a insult fest?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2007, 07:32:11 AM »
Insultfest..forget anything worthwhile from him.....7 Games.
L

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2007, 08:35:14 AM »
The Yanks always win when the squirrel is hangin on the right field foul pole ;D

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2007, 12:28:05 PM »
But the point is sox fans want Yankee fans to still be miserable over it, and it's just not the case.  Yes, I hated it at the time, especially the way it all played out.  It just doesn't bother me anymore.  It was gone the next season.

'01 still bugs me, though.  That was a WS that was to be had, and there were TWO big mistakes in that inning, one physical + mental, and one mental.   I hated to seethe the run end because the Yankees f'd up, not for what the Diamond Backs did.  I don't think we'll see a shot at 4 straight from ANY team now, given the way MLB is.

I don't care if you or any other Yankee fan is miserable about 04', I really don't put that much thought into it. I only mention it because you tried to convince us that it wasn't humiliating.

Winning 4 straight is an astonishing accomplishment and we probably won't see that again although at least with baseball I'm not one to say never. If anything 01' illustrates how difficult it is to win a WS, the Yankees were clearly the better team and should have won. In fact 01' is further proof how incredible winning 4 in a row is.

I went to the game last night, we took my girl's mother. It's pretty damn fun at this time of year when the Sox and the Yanks are fighting for a playoff spot. Everyone watches the Scoreboard on the Monster to see what's happening at Yankee Stadium and when that's too slow people getting on their cell phones to get updates and telling everyone around them. As much as I hate the Yankees they make being a Sox fan a whole lot more fun and interesting.

You mentioned something about all the whining Youks does in one of your posts and I couldn't agree more. He's like a little boy crying when he doesn't get his way, it drives me crazy. If I were an opposing pitcher the first thing I'd do is throw one high and inside to get him going and he'd be whining for the rest of the game. He's such a friggin wuss.

His reaction after getting beaned is another thing that drives me nuts. You get beaned you drop the bat and run to first without any drama and without letting the pitcher know it hurt. That's the way it's supposed to be done and it's the way 99.9% of players handle it. Not Youks though, he's got to jump up and down and cry about the pain and let everyone know how much it hurts and how upset he is. All that does is confirm that when it's time to bean someone he's the one to get beaned. Clearly that's a concept he can't comprehend.