Author Topic: Yanks 5 back of Boston!!!!  (Read 19605 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Yanks 5 back of Boston!!!!
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2007, 03:08:10 PM »
I've really never thought the division was in play.  Yanks injuries got them too deep, and even after their ASB run, the sox had too many games left with Tampa, Chicago, etc.  If the Yankees didn't trot out a no name rookie in 42% of their games the first two months, I believe, at the very least, they'd be tied with boston right now.

We'll have to see if the sox hitting is them heating up or just playing the worst team in the AL.

BF makes some valid points, but the exchanges you guys have had are indicitive of the typical Getbig shit that happens in the other threads.   It didn't seem like that stuff came into this forum, but I haven't read too many threads.
Y

body88

« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2007, 06:21:43 PM »
I've really never thought the division was in play.  Yanks injuries got them too deep, and even after their ASB run, the sox had too many games left with Tampa, Chicago, etc.  If the Yankees didn't trot out a no name rookie in 42% of their games the first two months, I believe, at the very least, they'd be tied with boston right now.

We'll have to see if the sox hitting is them heating up or just playing the worst team in the AL.

BF makes some valid points, but the exchanges you guys have had are indicitive of the typical Getbig shit that happens in the other threads.   It didn't seem like that stuff came into this forum, but I haven't read too many threads.

The exchanges we have are indicative of bfurys ignorance ( a lot off the time) to what he is talking about and sole missions to stir the pot. Take a look at any post fury makes where someone does not agree with him, proves him wrong, or is posting about something he is not a fan off. Everyone is a idiot or knows nothing according to b fury  ::) The kid has some serious hate for anything and everything Boston. Look at some old posts. Even when you try to talk sports normally he has a condescending and inflammatory attitude towards anything Boston. Everything is an insult. Quite funny I must say.

As for the rookies 42 percent of the time thing.. I agree the yankees would have just as many wins as the sox. And on the flipside had the sox offense performed a bit better at times Dice k, Wake and Becket would all be over 20 wins right now. Had schill not had injury problems he might have pitched better over the first half. Coulda woulda shoulda. The yankees had to start all those rookies due to injury. Cashmen should pick up guys who can stay healthy. On the same token the sox offense needs to score men they get on base.

As for the sox beating up on the white sox, yes the ws suck. But a sputtering offense is not going to put up close to 50 runs over four games if they are not getting somewhat hot. I am not saying the sox are on fire against a great team. I am saying they just put up 50 runs, papi is hitting for power and they are heading into a very important series with a lot of confidence. They win this series and they are going to have a 9 game lead going into September. The division means shit imo. its all about the playoffs. The division would be nice, but it ain't a ws.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2007, 07:13:46 PM »
  Boston Red Sox     80     51     .611     --        
 New York Yankees    72    58    .554  7 1/2

;D

body88

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2007, 05:13:34 AM »
Top 8  6 nothing.....Wakefield going for the shutout..but they suck.  ::)

HH did you see the pats shred Carolina the other night? Carolina has a very nice defense. Peppers was rendered non existant. Brady had all day. He looked very sharp. How about Welker? The guy is awesome. Morris had a great game. My boy Maroney looked very good considering that was his first game action all year. Stallworth made some very nice catches. That new te Rivers is pretty damn good huh? I hope Thomas can get off the pup come season opener. The zone blocking seems to be working well. Pats where without Moss, Thomas, Kyle brady , Login mankins and Gaffney on offense. The d looked very good. Crazy to think Warren , Seymour , Jarvis G and Samuel did not play.This team has a chance to be very very good. I know it is just preseason but with the way the d looked minus 4 of its best players, and  how sharp the O looked minus its biggest receiving threat, second starting tight end, best blocking tight end, and best possesion receiver I had to get excited. Full strength this team could be scary. Anything could happen, but the potential is there. Hopefully guys can stay healthy and play to there potential.

On a side not the ravens defense is very good this year. I dont think I have ever seen a better secondary. Reed is a monster. I am floored that our first round pick up Meriweather is often compared to him. They went to the U together. Brandon really looks up to Ed. I HOPE Brandon turns out to be a Ed Reed type player. I think the kid just might some day.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2007, 07:59:06 AM »
Hell yeah..very encouraging especially without half the team playing. I guess Wilson got nicked up. No surprise I guess. Wilfork is a man mountain..2 blocked FG's.  Ur boy Mauroney looked good..took him some time to get going but he looked fine. Evans and Morris looked good as well. The Ravens may have the best secondary ever..we'll see about the O.
L

body88

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2007, 08:30:02 AM »
Hell yeah..very encouraging especially without half the team playing. I guess Wilson got nicked up. No surprise I guess. Wilfork is a man mountain..2 blocked FG's.  Ur boy Mauroney looked good..took him some time to get going but he looked fine. Evans and Morris looked good as well. The Ravens may have the best secondary ever..we'll see about the O.

Thank god for Jarvis green. I dont think Seymour is ready to start next week. Great to have a backup that can start on most clubs filling his spot. Unless the hoodie is effin with Mangini and is going to start him without telling anyone.Warren is nicked up but should be in there week one. I was hoping Thomas would be back for week one, but I am absolutly fine with Rivers holding down the second TE spot. I am glad bb and co are making sure these guys heal up totally. The injury bug has been a bitch the last couple of years.

I am glad Asante is back. I love Welker. The guy is so quick.

body88

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2007, 07:39:08 AM »
Body's been pretty quiet, what with the Yanks absolutely demolishing Detroit and Cleveland in successive series.  ::)

Detroit takes 3 out of 4 games capping off the near sweep with a 16 - 0 spanking last night. So as a whole you went .500 vs the tigers. Credit on the Indians series, but the yanks lost the Angels series So in reality the yanks went about .500 against good teams this month. not bad at all, but a long way from demolishing the competition as you claimed early in this stretch. We will see what happens in the Boston series. With an 8 game lead I am not as concerned as before.If the sox split the series and leave new york with a 8 game lead I don't think anyone would complain.

I have been saying all year not to count the yankees out. I knew they would be right back in it. I will however take this opportunity to remain humble as the yankees could very well win this series. Although you are the guy who said a pitcher who is 16 - 5 with a 3.20 era was "melting down" and "no good". I guess that improved era in consecutive months since June means getting worse in b fury land.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2007, 12:15:35 PM »
I'll let Body be humble and he can live vicariously through me.....8 friggen games......BF 8 games...... with a possible trip to the pen for Mussina...he looked like a whipped dog on SportsCenter. The yanks have issues...I'm sure this will come down to the wire...but it sure as hell isn't Boston's wheels coming of the wagon. We go tonight..I'm sure it will be a struggle as usual. GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!
L

body88

« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2007, 05:25:49 AM »
I figured the sox would lose the Petite game. Andy pitched a pretty good game. Dice matched him pitch for pitch until that 2 run homer in the seventh by old man Damon ;) Tonight we have our ace going so we shall see how it goes.

Imo one win will be fine for this series. leaving NY with a 7 game lead would be good. leaving with an 8 game lead would be better  :P

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2007, 07:52:36 AM »
If they were going to loose 1 that would be it...lets hope we can maintain..nice to roll out with no ground gained.
L

body88

« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2007, 08:17:48 AM »
If they were going to loose 1 that would be it...lets hope we can maintain..nice to roll out with no ground gained.

Im not worried. At worst they leave with a five game lead.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2007, 09:29:40 AM »
Im not worried. At worst they leave with a five game lead.

Was that your first look at Joba?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2007, 10:51:48 AM »
I figured the sox would lose the Petite game.

Just for fun, should the Yankees make the playoffs, would you feel the same way about the same matchup in the ALCS?

Assuming the sox/Yanks rotations of Beckett/Matsuzaka/Schilling/Wakefield vs. Wang/Pettitte/Clemens/Hughes, I wonder if there's any advantage for either side.  I can't get into the numbers right now, but I'm guessing the Yankees have beaten up the sox' starters a little more than the other way around.

Now that I look at it, predicting the outcome if futile, since the matchups appear to be so even.  I think the Yankees are every bit the team the sox are, though, despite the seven game difference.
Y

body88

« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2007, 11:37:46 AM »
Just for fun, should the Yankees make the playoffs, would you feel the same way about the same matchup in the ALCS?

Assuming the sox/Yanks rotations of Beckett/Matsuzaka/Schilling/Wakefield vs. Wang/Pettitte/Clemens/Hughes, I wonder if there's any advantage for either side.  I can't get into the numbers right now, but I'm guessing the Yankees have beaten up the sox' starters a little more than the other way around.

Now that I look at it, predicting the outcome if futile, since the matchups appear to be so even.  I think the Yankees are every bit the team the sox are, though, despite the seven game difference.

I have said not to count the yankees out all year. Anything can happen in a playoff series. Anyone who says they would not be worried to face NY in the playoffs is full of it. When I say i am not worried, I am speaking about leaving NY with at least a five game lead. While getting swept would suck, five games is still five games. I don't really care about the division to be honest.It is all about the playoffs. Andy is the toughest of the bunch for sure. Don't think I don't know the stats are a bit skewed from the troubles the yankees faced at the start of the season.

I have faith in the sox. I also know NY is a good team.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2007, 11:48:20 AM »
I have said not to count the yankees out all year. Anything can happen in a playoff series. Anyone who says they would not be worried to face NY in the playoffs is full of it. When I say i am not worried, I am speaking about leaving NY with at least a five game lead. While getting swept would suck, five games is still five games. I dont really care about the division to be honest.It is all about the playoffs. Andy is the toughest of the bunch for sure. Dont think I dont know the stats are a bit scewed from the troubles the yankees faced at the start of the season.

I have faith in the sox. I also know NY is a good team.

No accusations - I'll back you up all the way with what you've said about the Yankees.  You're right about not worrying about the division, I wouldn't either.

This is a big test for both Clemens tonight and Schilling tomorrow.  I'm wondering if the game's not tight if a sox player is going to eat a Clemens' fasball for ARod getting hit yesterday.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2007, 08:07:40 PM »
well yanks squeaked out a good one ,farnsworth pisses me off,arod launched a beckett fastball like a rocket,now for a possible sweep against that windbag schilling.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2007, 06:42:32 AM »
Could be worse.....If the Sox can pick up this one..no harm done. The line-up really changes without Manny.
L

body88

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2007, 07:10:14 AM »
Could be worse.....If the Sox can pick up this one..no harm done. The line-up really changes without Manny.

The lineup is going to suffer anytime Manny is not in it. Granted the only lost by a run. As grape said both these teams are pretty evenly matched. The yankees coming out on top the last two games.

I believe the sox are not playing to there potential right now.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2007, 09:51:41 AM »
Sox looked good the last two games. I was almost in tears watching Beckett getting tagged so early. I'll give him credit, I only expected him to last for 4 innings or so.

The sweep should be nice!

Edit:

"Squeaked out" HAHAHHAHAHA. Yup, squeaked it out, considering the Sox had 0 hits through 6 innings and all. I love the justification and excuses for every Sox loss. That was only in the one post I read to boot.  ::)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2007, 10:01:20 AM »
Yanks are thinking of stepping up the times Joba can pitch.
instead of days=innings they might go by pitch count.
that should help him get into more games ;D
as much as I like Torre he does overuse certain guys in his bullpen :-\
thats why the Yanks have"the Joba rules".

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2007, 10:02:59 AM »
Yeah, he does sometimes, but Joba's young and his arm should still be pretty fresh. Can't wait to see those "INSANE" Sox bats trying to hit 100 mph fast balls to their faces in October!

body88

« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2007, 10:52:13 AM »
Sox looked good the last two games. I was almost in tears watching Beckett getting tagged so early. I'll give him credit, I only expected him to last for 4 innings or so.

The sweep should be nice!

Edit:

"Squeaked out" HAHAHHAHAHA. Yup, squeaked it out, considering the Sox had 0 hits through 6 innings and all. I love the justification and excuses for every Sox loss. That was only in the one post I read to boot.  ::)

Pretty sure njflex is a Yankees fan.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2007, 11:15:58 AM »
Doesn't make what I said any less true. I'm sure you were telling yourself the same thing last night. "IF only Ortiz got up to bat!!!!"  ::)

body88

« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2007, 11:28:43 AM »
Doesn't make what I said any less true. I'm sure you were telling yourself the same thing last night. "IF only Ortiz got up to bat!!!!"  ::)

No I wasent. I dont even care about the division. At worst the red sox leave NY with a five game lead. Who cares what happens ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2007, 12:09:02 PM »
Yup....everybody knows these games are battles..no matter what the record. Maybe shill will pick it up.
L