Author Topic: Yanks 5 back of Boston!!!!  (Read 19557 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Yanks 5 back of Boston!!!!
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 10:00:48 AM »
5-innings,8-strikeouts
joba,Joba,JOBA
JOBA!!!!!!!!!

;D

body88

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 10:45:07 AM »
Okajima hasn't be too hot lately, either. That's the problem. The mid August collapse is coming into its own nicely.

The red sox still have the best statistical pitching staff in the American league. The sox are the second best staff (as a whole) in baseball. You could argue they are the best since the padres play in a weaker division. Look at the numbers on mlb.com. You where calling the staff shaky last time you posted. If you call Shaky the best staff in the AL and second best in all of baseball when they are struggling then I dunno. They have pitched many awesome games that have been lost by lackluster offense. Latley blown saves by Gange. No staff is going to be lights out for the entire season. There is going to be stretches where guys get injured. People are not pitching well. The playoffs have proven to be all about pitching these days. I will take Beckett , Schill, and Dice k in the playoffs any day of the week. Couple that with the pitching depth the sox have and they will be dangerous to anyone come playoff time. The yankees are a talented team and I would hope so for the amont of $$ that went into that lineup. I have never counted them out this year. I knew they would be back. Fact is if they shoot there load to early they could get owned by solid pitching come september, again.

The red sox offense is not hitting. Sort of like that long stretch when the Yankees offense was doing nothing. Look at them now. There is plenty of good hitters on the red sox. I hope they stay cold and then heat back up right around playoff time. They played great baseball on both sides of the ball for far to long to stay this quite forever.

Yea taking the division would be sweet. Bragging rights and I told ya so's for all. Thing is that series in the postseason is all that matters.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 06:08:03 AM »
Damn! when the Yank's lose a game they don't mess around :o
12-0 :'(

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 10:23:35 AM »
5 games......I can't watch, I vaguely remember the 78 melt down. Atleast we picked one up.
L

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 02:25:53 PM »
5 games......I can't watch, I vaguely remember the 78 melt down. Atleast we picked one up.

You shouldn't worry unless it gets to around 2 or so.........
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2007, 02:35:28 PM »
Hahaha....

The hell with the Red Sox and the Yankees! Orioles take 2 out of 3 in back to back series with both teams. To be honest, they should have swept the Yankees but they blew the first game. The Orioles sorry ass bullpen gives up another spectacular outing by Cy Young candidate Eric Bedard who had a 3-0, 2 hit shutout(along with 8 k's) going into the 9th. Then the fucking closer gives up a 3 run bomb to some schmoe I've never even heard of to tie the game. Typical Orioles luck even though they end up winning 6-3.

Yeah, yeah, I know. The Orioles suck but you know what? Neither the Red Sox or the Yankees are good enough to win it all this year. Hate to say it. The Red Sox have no offense when it counts(great starting pitching, though) and the Yankees have no pitching or bullpen.(great offense).

Both teams are lucky there isn't a third team in that division to challenge them. They only challenge each other year in and year out. It's been a two team race for the past several years now. I only wish Baltimore was in a bigger market to contend.

Good thing there isn't a salary cap in baseball otherwise both teams and their annual success would have been a distant memory a long time ago.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 01:54:27 PM »
Yankees have "no" pitching is a bit of an overstatement.   I can't think of too many teams that send out 4th and 5th starters the calibre or Hughes and Mussina.   Yes, they don't have a dominate Johan Santana-type at the top of the rotation, but they send out starters 1-5 who all are above league average.  Wang-Pettitte-Clemens should be enough pitching, provided the offense doesn't slump.  If the Yankees don't make the playoffs, it will most likely be due to the injuries that plagued the staff in the first two months.  They been the best team in baseball since the week before the ASB.

Chamberlain has the potential to be Frankie Rodriguez circa 2002.  If the Yankees make the playoffs, a bullpen of Vizcaino/Hughes/Chamberlain/Rivera is as good as any.

It could fizzle in the playoffs for the both sox and the Yanks.  The best teams generally make the playoffs, but it's a crapshoot after that.  It's all who is hot at the right time.

The Orioles will continue to suck until they get a new owner.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 10:49:54 AM »
5-innings,8-strikeouts
joba,Joba,JOBA
JOBA!!!!!!!!!

;D

Quote for JOBA!!!!!! :o

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2007, 08:52:05 AM »
Body's been pretty quiet, what with the Yanks absolutely demolishing Detroit and Cleveland in successive series.  ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2007, 08:57:39 AM »
5 Back again.....
L

body88

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2007, 09:18:41 AM »
Body's been pretty quiet, what with the Yanks absolutely demolishing Detroit and Cleveland in successive series.  ::)

Sorry I was on vacation in LA for the last week. Forgot to hunt down an internet cafe so I could post ::)... 5 games is not exactly anything to whine about anyway. I have said not to count the yankees out all year. I am not suprised they are playing great baseball at all.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2007, 09:49:26 AM »
Fuckin Angels,the Yanks Achilles heal >:(

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2007, 02:30:03 PM »

Sorry I was on vacation in LA for the last week. Forgot to hunt down an internet cafe so I could post ::)... 5 games is not exactly anything to whine about anyway. I have said not to count the yankees out all year. I am not suprised they are playing great baseball at all.

hahaha, oh brother. You were spouting off about how interesting it will be to see their next couple of series and now that they're done smacking the shit out of 2 of the top 5 AL teams, all of a sudden it doesn't mean much. Typical BoSox fan.  ::)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2007, 02:59:53 PM »
hahaha, oh brother. You were spouting off about how interesting it will be to see their next couple of series and now that they're done smacking the shit out of 2 of the top 5 AL teams, all of a sudden it doesn't mean much. Typical BoSox fan.  ::)

haha! You love stirring the pot, don't you?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2007, 06:54:20 AM »
Fuckin Angels,the Yanks Achilles heal >:(

Bump for the truth :'(

body88

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2007, 08:06:49 AM »

Spouting off? Show me where? If you think getting called out for pounding your chest for beating up on the royals with a 200 plus million dollar lineup is Spouting off good luck to ya. I said we will see how the yankees do when they face some good teams. Until they met the angels they where doing great. Good for them. No suprise to me really. I have been saying the yankees would be in this thing all year. I have also been saying the yankees "would be back" all year. Being six games out is not exactly anything to brag about btw. I suspect that is why you are gone again.

18 - 9 loss last night at the hands of the angels? The angels put up 12 runs the night before, right? Kudos to you on your post season pitching predictions for the Yankees! Typical ct sports fan. If I recall you scoffed at my claims that the sox would have the better pitching staff. Sox = best statistical staff in AL and second best staff in all of baseball behind the Padres. You could also argue the padres play in a weak division making the sox the better staff in reality. The sox managed to remain on the top while missing some of there best starters due to injury. The Yankees have the 17th ranked pitching staff in baseball. I have said the Yankees would be in this till the end. I was one of the few who did not get cocky nor claim the Yankees to be done. Fury we get you hate Boston sports teams. We get you like to stir the pot. But for gods sakes learn some things about the teams you are always squawking about. The sox offense has not exactly been lighting it up and they still manage to remain the sixth best offense in all of baseball. The sox also have the second ranked pitching staff in baseball. The yankees have the best offense in the mlb and the 17th best pitching staff.

I will take a superior pitching staff and a solid offense over a big time offense and mediocre pitching staff any day of the week. The sox offense is due to heat up again , they played far to good offensive baseball all year to stay cold forever. The sox had a very explosive offense in 03. Didn't help them much in the playoffs. The playoffs have proven to be all about the pitching imo. While the Yankees could very well take the division nothing is a guarantee.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2007, 08:52:26 AM »
6 games...10 RBI's for G. Anderson...bullpen meltdown and there's all kinds of trouble with the G men.....BF's an idiot.
L

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2007, 01:33:35 PM »

I will take a superior pitching staff and a solid offense over a big time offense and mediocre pitching staff any day of the week. The sox offense is due to heat up again , they played far to good offensive baseball all year to stay cold forever. The sox had a very explosive offense in 03. Didn't help them much in the playoffs. The playoffs have proven to be all about the pitching imo. While the Yankees could very well take the division nothing is a guarantee.

I agree you've never counted the Yankees out.

I'm not sure about the sox offense heating up, though.   As of a couple days ago, EEI had mentioned how the sox were 3 games over .500 in their last SEVENTY games.  That would indicate that the 27-12 start was the anomaly, and the offense that you're currently seeing is a truer indicator of what they have this year.

The way Schilling has pitched, do you think Beckett, Matsusaka, Schilling is really all that different from Wang, Pettitte, Clemens?  It's splitting hairs.  Outside of Beckett, they're all capable of blowing up on any given night, or pitching great games.

That's why the playoffs are such a crapshoot.  Anything can happen in a short series.

I've always wanted the first round of the playoffs to be 4 out of 7.   To decide a team's fate on a 3 out of 5 series after a 162 game season is unfair.
Y

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2007, 02:58:15 PM »
6 games...10 RBI's for G. Anderson...bullpen meltdown and there's all kinds of trouble with the G men.....BF's an idiot.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. The Angels have been the Yanks kryptonite for how many years now? Let's not forget the fact they just absolutely annihilated Cleveland and Detroit in two straight series, or the fact they have far and away the best record from the all star break? What has Boston done? Oh that's right. Drop games to mediocre teams. hahahaha!

I'm surprise you can find time to type considering you've got your lips glued to a poster of Ortiz's sphincter and your hands jerking off your inflatable Brady doll. 

Don't worry. Only two weeks until the Pats can start letting you down to boot.  ;)

I agree you've never counted the Yankees out.

I'm not sure about the sox offense heating up, though.   As of a couple days ago, EEI had mentioned how the sox were 3 games over .500 in their last SEVENTY games.  That would indicate that the 27-12 start was the anomaly, and the offense that you're currently seeing is a truer indicator of what they have this year.

The way Schilling has pitched, do you think Beckett, Matsusaka, Schilling is really all that different from Wang, Pettitte, Clemens?  It's splitting hairs.  Outside of Beckett, they're all capable of blowing up on any given night, or pitching great games.

That's why the playoffs are such a crapshoot.  Anything can happen in a short series.

I've always wanted the first round of the playoffs to be 4 out of 7.   To decide a team's fate on a 3 out of 5 series after a 162 game season is unfair.

Bump! Beckett's been horrendous since June. Last I checked (about 2 weeks ago) he was 4-5 since going 9/10-0 and had roughly a 4.85 ERA in that stretch, which is to be expected considering he always goes to shit in the second half. Matsuzaka's been decent, nothing spectacular and Schilling should have been cut a year ago.

Don't worry. Boston still blows and the majority of their fans are penis wranglers.

haha! You love stirring the pot, don't you?

hahahaha, that's the only thing Boston fans are good for. If I ever feel down in the dumps I just read some of their posts on whatever website and realize that my life could be 100x worse. Imagine rooting for a team that wins a World Series every 86 years and feeling that you have the right to talk shit. Oh brother! ::)

body88

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2007, 03:20:53 PM »
B fury

"the yankees will have the best pitching staff in baseball. Can you say world series?"

" Honestly I dont know much about the the colts or the pats" Why would I?  (After talking trash like he has a clue)

" I am not the kid in those pictures"

" I play football for uconn"

Nuff said

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2007, 03:38:36 PM »
hahaha, can't say I'm surprised you have nothing to say. The football thing was pure fucking gold. I post one pic, claim to be going to practice and no less than 10 people spend 2-3 months trying to figure out which guy I was. The best was when you messaged me thinking I was DJ Hernandez. Or the fact you were going to call up your old college buddy to find out who I was! hahahah, oh brother, talk about taking the internet too seriously.  ::)

It's nice to see you've completely avoided every single point I made. I never said I don't know anything about the Colts or Pats. I know enough. And I know enough to not care about the Pats and the fact that they're not as good as you make them out to be, fanboy.

By the way, where's your pic "big guy"?

You're a fanboy that knows next to nothing and lacks the ability to refute any point made about his beloved, albeit incredibly overrated, teams.

Nuff said

(Feel free to refute my claims about the BoSox, but you won't Because I'm 100% right and know more about them than you.)

body88

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2007, 03:43:50 PM »
You are the one who made these bonehead comments, dont get mad about it.

" I would take the yankees pitching staff over any staff in the majors" " The yankees pitching staff will be far better then the red sox"

Sox staff is ranked number two statistically in the mlb. Yankees staff is ranked 17th. Great prediction pal ::)

You didn't even know the colts lost Tarik Glenn, there entire starting secondary pretty much, Corey Simon, Booger McFarland and there second running back. Yea they are just as strong as last year. The 5th worst run defense in NFL history lost a KEY player in Mcfarland, Simon and sanders is already injured. Plus half the secondary. They should just steamrole everyone right fury? Nothing to be concerned about.The colts lost one of if not the best ol in the game, who has been pretecting Mannings ass for his entire career. No big deal. Those extra sacks wont do much to manning. I am sure Ugoh will step right in as a rookie and be as good as one of the best ever.

" The patriots are aging all over" I dared you to tell me where. You cant because you don't know what you are talking about. Brady is 30, Maroney is a second year back, Falk and morris are not that old, The receiving corps is young. Gaffney, Caldwell , Welker, Stallworth and Jackson are all young. The offensive line is young as well as the tight ends. Watson and Thomas are freaking babies. The defensive line goes 26, 26  and 28. The linebacking corps is older, but they also have three up in coming youngsters in woods, Alexander and lau. ALong with the vets there is plenty of youth at lb. The secondary is young and along with the rookie meriweather they have second year player James Sanders to step in for Rodney. He has really stepped it up this year and looks ready to get things done. The dbs are young. Samuel is young, Special teams is young, etc etc. The patriots have just about the best mix of veterans and youth you could ask for. You don't know jack shit about either team, look up the posts.

You talked about the jets like you had a clue also. Saying Jones would run wild on the pats. Really? The bears have a pretty damn good offensive line. The jets have a shitty one. Jones already has a Achilles strain and a calf strain. Might not even play vs the pats. Little things if you payed attention that might make you sound a bit more informed when making dumb claims.

The jets also have no defensive line and a controvery invilving there best offensive linemen who wants out. Not to mention Chad has looked like garbage latley. You also failed to relize the jets played two teams over 500 last year. Not saying they wont do well, but you ignore facts because you dont have a clue.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2007, 03:46:23 PM »
Are you starting to melt? It would be pretty sweet to reduce you to the point of deleting your account amidst a tear filled rage like you did last time.  Remember that? Talk about an insecure 24 year old! ;)

Feel free to reply to my other thread about the great BoSox pitching superstars!

body88

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2007, 04:05:19 PM »
Are you starting to melt? It would be pretty sweet to reduce you to the point of deleting your account amidst a tear filled rage like you did last time.  Remember that? Talk about an insecure 24 year old! ;)

Feel free to reply to my other thread about the great BoSox pitching superstars!

Deleted my account?  That never happened because of you. I am 25 going on 26 btw. If you are going to try to get the whole melting down squad board insult fest going on then you are not going to last here.

There is a difference between opinions and trolling to be a dick.

If you dont like it cry to Ron as usual.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2007, 04:12:37 PM »
hahaha, good job editing the shit out of your post like a clown. The Jones comment was made right before he was injured. Secondly, I already knew the Colts had lost almost all of those guys. And it means what? They've never had a good defense and their secondary was horrendous. So it's not going to make much of a difference if they have knew people. Tarik will be replaced over time. Addai will carry more of the load this year to boot. And the Linebacking corps is what keeps the Pats defense afloat, and with the amount of old, useless veterans they have there, I doubt they'll be stopping much.

I couldn't care less about this statistic that the Yankees have the 17th ranked pitching. Get this dipshit, they have far and away the best record since the all-star break. No one but you gives a shit about the fact they sucked until June and went through a dozen+ starting pitchers. But I guess I would focus on that too if my 3 "superstar" pitchers all had records under .500 for August.

Face it clown, the Sox aren't that good. I know your typical Boston world has been crashing down on your head since the All-Star break but get this, it happens almost every year.  ;)

Let's get it it out of the way now, though. The Pats won't win the Super Bowl. Can I expect you to take a picture of the tears streaming down your bandwagoner face when they lose in the playoffs?  ::)

Deleted my account?  That never happened because of you. I am 25 going on 26 btw. If you are going to try to get the whole melting down squad board insult fest going on then you are not going to last here.

There is a difference between opinions and trolling to be a dick.

If you dont like it cry to Ron as usual.

Never said it happened because of me. I said it happened, which it did. Which is absolutely pathetic that you let an internet forum that the same 20-50 regulars post on bother you to the point of throwing a temper tantrum at 26. When have I cried to Ron? Oh, maybe you're talking about one of your tear filled meltdowns over the fact you wanted to "ban" me from a board that 4 people post on because I refuted the 500 Red Sox threads you had littering it.

I can tell you're pretty insecure by your posts. If anyone even so much as disagrees with any glorified ESPN-researched comment you make, you go right off the deep end and into one of your vendettas.

You sound like one of those glorified NESN morons.