Author Topic: The Bowflex body  (Read 6901 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: The Bowflex body
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 04:04:53 PM »
finally, a thread about bowflex, and the clown pumpster can show us his true knowledge.

NOT

this clown has talked shit about most people on here, yet doesnt even go to a gym.

did he really try and make a connection between a bowflex workout and a free weight workout.

utterly pathetic - even more so that this loser thinks working on on a bowflex gives him the right to discredit bodybuilding champions and give out training advice.

yes, he's a moderator in the training forum, despite not going to a gym

on the 'truce' thread, he posted a picture of his home gym in a dumpy apt. with phone books to adjust benches.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO LMAOLMAOLMAO

PUMPSTER, THIS IS A PEFECT OPP TO SHOW US HOW EFFECTIVE A BOWFLEX IS - POST YOUR PICS.  BUT, LIKE ALWAYS, YOU'LL BITCH OUT.

RACIST SKINHEAD MELTDOWN BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH AHAHA

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2007, 06:53:24 PM »
the only thing that I life about the bowflex is that girl in the white shorts in the tv commercial..sexy as hell
Here comes the money shot

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007, 07:04:23 PM »
The Total Gym is the best home gym you can buy.  Plus it helps with flexibility.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007, 01:31:39 AM »
I was thinking about buying a bowflex,  apparently you can only play in a rock band if you have a bowflex body.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007, 01:41:58 AM »
The add that plays here in Australia late at night, has some beach volleyball player who says " i gained 15lbs of muscle in 5 weeks using bowflex".

I've already ordered my bowflex.
No doubt about it...

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 02:30:29 AM »
The add that plays here in Australia late at night, has some beach volleyball player who says " i gained 15lbs of muscle in 5 weeks using bowflex".

I've already ordered my bowflex.

Yeah the add is on every night, not my kind of thing as i prefer free weights and bodyweight stuff but i do like looking at the girls in the commercials 8)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2007, 02:45:02 AM »
Haha yeah mate don't worry i didn't buy one,i prefer free weights aswell. Was only joking, should have used the winking emoticon thing. I just laugh at how stupid the whole ad is.
No doubt about it...

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2007, 04:45:30 AM »
Haha yeah mate don't worry i didn't buy one,i prefer free weights aswell. Was only joking, should have used the winking emoticon thing. I just laugh at how stupid the whole ad is.

lol good to hear ;D.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2007, 05:07:47 AM »
it breaks down like this... a lot of people own one, a lot of people say they're great but very few people actually use them

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2007, 05:54:26 AM »
it breaks down like this... a lot of people own one, a lot of people say they're great but very few people actually use them

Well, not really. Not at all. Most people don't use most equipment and end up selling; weights, bowflex, total gym, nordictrak, etc. Nothing to do with effectiveness.

gh15 knows more than most here. As he said a long while ago, get a bowflex and some adjustable dumbbells and get to work. It ain't that complicated guys.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2007, 06:31:24 AM »
Well, not really. Not at all. Most people don't use most equipment and end up selling; weights, bowflex, total gym, nordictrak, etc. Nothing to do with effectiveness.

gh15 knows more than most here. As he said a long while ago, get a bowflex and some adjustable dumbbells and get to work. It ain't that complicated guys.
Name one professional bodybuilder that has built his physique using a bowflex. Lol, gh15 knows about drugs, not training - and even that is under suspicion.

All flaming aside 'pumpster', i really think you should join a real gym. Get one of the staff members to write you a program and maybe one day you'll have 15 inch arms! Hell, you might even get a girlfriend! [blind people use gyms to]

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2007, 06:37:21 AM »
bowflex = lame

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2007, 06:40:53 AM »
Name one professional bodybuilder that has built his physique using a bowflex. Lol, gh15 knows about drugs, not training - and even that is under suspicion.

All flaming aside 'pumpster', i really think you should join a real gym. Get one of the staff members to write you a program and maybe one day you'll have 15 inch arms! Hell, you might even get a girlfriend! [blind people use gyms to]

I joined a real gym in 1975 you idiot. LOL

bowflex = lame

Someone else with no imagination who knows more than gh15  ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2007, 06:43:05 AM »
You can't build a great body with cables, dummy.

What's the matter? Can't afford an healthclub on the east side?  ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2007, 06:45:09 AM »
You can't build a great body with cables, dummy.

What's the matter? Can't afford an healthclub on the east side?  ::)

U R an idiot and BB wannabe. I'll take Coleman's insights over your dumbass any day haahahahaahahahah

Ronnie Coleman
Debunking the Barbell Curl

I never advocate the use of the exercises cited as the kind of mass building for the biceps: the barbell curl. Like everybody else, when I started bodybuilding, I waned bigger biceps, even tough I am blessed with good arm genetics. I though the route to follow was doing barbell curls, but my early experiences with that exercise taught me that although barbell curls allowed me to use heavy weights, the muscular stress caused by the poundage was in no way being applied 100% to my biceps. I believe that the heavy weights employed for barbell curls encourage the user to cheat through the exercise, perhaps without even knowing it. A person tends to bend the upper torso to let the momentum of the weight take over. In addition, instead of the biceps powering out the reps, forearms and front delts are called into play too much. You must analyze what kind of development you are aiming for with your biceps training. You should seek full development in terms of thickness and fullness of your biceps muscle attachments, plus optimum accentuation of the biceps peaks.

Those aspects are best achieved by exercises that isolate the biceps - ones that allow you to put maximum stress on your biceps throughout the completion of each set. Cheating on barbell curls means that at certain times during the course of a rep, the biceps are given an easy, if not free, ride. Based on the preceding thought, I came to the conclusion that cable work provided the required dual facilities of isolating the biceps while allowing them to be under constant stress throughout the completion of each set. The latter element is particularly difficult to attain during the negative (descending) part of each rep. This is where cables score heavily. With cables, you can maintain muscular stress during the negative phase to an extent that is not mechanically possible with free weights.

Many authorities claim that cables are solely for advanced bodybuilders, in order 'to refine what they've already built.' I don't agree. Cable work allows you to attack the biceps with 100% concentration, and that sort of exclusive application will make the biceps grow. Muscle fibers don't know whether the stress is being applied by free weights or a machine; they respond only to the level of muscular stress being placed on them. Whatever does the job, will do the job!

http://www.ronniecoleman.net/trainingbiceps.html

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2007, 06:48:24 AM »
Epic ghost written article.

Pumpster, can cables be used to build a good chest? Quads? Back? Not unless you have great genes or are on drugs.

I rest my case. Or maybe you can prove me wrong by posting pictures?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2007, 06:49:09 AM »
Epic ghost written article.

Pumpster, can cables be used to build a good chest? Quads? Back? Not unless you have great genes or are on drugs.

I rest my case. Or maybe you can prove me wrong by posting pictures?

OWNED

Now run along and actually train kid, maybe you'll eventually get it. ;)

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2007, 06:55:46 AM »
U R an idiot and BB wannabe. I'll take Coleman's insights over your dumbass any day haahahahaahahahah

Ronnie Coleman

I never advocate the use of the exercises cited as the kind of mass building for the biceps: the barbell curl. Like everybody else, when I started bodybuilding, I waned bigger biceps, even tough I am blessed with good arm genetics. I though the route to follow was doing barbell curls, but my early experiences with that exercise taught me that although barbell curls allowed me to use heavy weights, the muscular stress caused by the poundage was in no way being applied 100% to my biceps. I believe that the heavy weights employed for barbell curls encourage the user to cheat through the exercise, perhaps without even knowing it. A person tends to bend the upper torso to let the momentum of the weight take over. In addition, instead of the biceps powering out the reps, forearms and front delts are called into play too much. You must analyze what kind of development you are aiming for with your biceps training. You should seek full development in terms of thickness and fullness of your biceps muscle attachments, plus optimum accentuation of the biceps peaks.

Those aspects are best achieved by exercises that isolate the biceps - ones that allow you to put maximum stress on your biceps throughout the completion of each set. Cheating on barbell curls means that at certain times during the course of a rep, the biceps are given an easy, if not free, ride. Based on the preceding thought, I came to the conclusion that cable work provided the required dual facilities of isolating the biceps while allowing them to be under constant stress throughout the completion of each set. The latter element is particularly difficult to attain during the negative (descending) part of each rep. This is where cables score heavily. With cables, you can maintain muscular stress during the negative phase to an extent that is not mechanically possible with free weights.

Many authorities claim that cables are solely for advanced bodybuilders, in order 'to refine what they've already built.' I don't agree. Cable work allows you to attack the biceps with 100% concentration, and that sort of exclusive application will make the biceps grow. Muscle fibers don't know whether the stress is being applied by free weights or a machine; they respond only to the level of muscular stress being placed on them. Whatever does the job, will do the job!

;)
i

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2007, 07:08:17 AM »

Ronnie Coleman

ROFLMAO!!! If you think Ronnie wrote that then you're either insane or stupid. Even Hulkster wouldn't claim that to be Ronnie's handiwork.

SELF OWNED AGAIN PUMPSTER

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2007, 07:13:43 AM »
UK Golden Shower it's Thursday, which buttplug's on deck for this weekend?  :-*

I never claimed he wrote it or that most BBs write their articles genius LOL Bottom line his name's on the articles and i haven't seen any lawsuits over it bwhaahahahahahah

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2007, 07:15:43 AM »
UK Golden Shower it's Thurdsday, which buttplug's up for this weekend?  :-*

I never claimed he wrote it or that most BBs write their articles genius LOL

Why are you defending Bowflex?  ::)

Do you belong to a gym, yes or no?

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2007, 07:17:55 AM »
UK Golden Shower it's Thurdsday, which buttplug's up for this weekend?  :-*

I never claimed he wrote it or that most BBs write their articles genius LOL
Yes you did, moron. "U R an idiot and BB wannabe. I'll take Coleman's insights over your dumbass any day haahahahaahahahah"

SELF OWNED TWICE

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2007, 07:18:48 AM »
Why are you defending Bowflex?  ::)

Do you belong to a gym, yes or no?

I'm defending any reasonable means of training for those with open minds. Guys like gh15 and chick, actual BBs with experience actually understand this and don't have to be talked to like kids LOL

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2007, 07:19:50 AM »
hahaha "pumpsters" getting pwned as usual, only fa.gs train on bowflexs haha  ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2007, 07:20:07 AM »
Yes you did, moron. "U R an idiot and BB wannabe. I'll take Coleman's insights over your dumbass any day haahahahaahahahah"

SELF OWNED TWICE

I'll repeat for the cognitively challenged here: ghost writers write the articles, they don't usually change the gist of what is said. I've been reading these ghost-written articles longer than you've been alive kid.