Author Topic: Question for the heavy drinkers(yes you SS)  (Read 1397 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Question for the heavy drinkers(yes you SS)
« on: August 08, 2007, 07:20:49 PM »
I drink or should I say have been drinking about 6 nights a week(pretty much just a summer thing), between 8 to 12 drinks a night, either ketel one and cranberry or beer. My diet is on point, as is my exercise and I have lost quite a bit of fat(and muscle) and am very pleased personally with the way I look in the morning. I have veins in my shoulders, hips, low bf and when dehydrated I am pleased with my appearance. Problem is in the evening I look a little bloated, nothing too bad, just a bit of a swollen face and not nearly as vascular as I would like to look. It doesn't happen every night, but once in a while. I am assuming it is the drinking because I don't eat fast food or very much sodium. It's not really a problem, just wondering if there was something I could do about it? I have diurex, which is an otc diuretic, but not sure if it what I am looking for, cuz it says on the box that it is for menstrual bloating etc. I am not sure it is worth getting lasix(?) or something harmful cuz it's not a huge deal. Just curious if you guys ever have to deal with this and is there an easy remedy? And for those who don't know me, I am natural, don't even take supplements. Oh, and not drinking is not an option, I am not someone who cares that much about working out to give up my fun.
E

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Re: Question for the heavy drinkers(yes you SS)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 08:51:12 PM »
Might be dehydration. I've been drinking a lot and I notice the next day if I don't "water up" I swell.
$

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 12:58:10 AM »
Don't take a diuretic while drinking heavily!!!
T

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 04:27:35 AM »
Don't take a diuretic while drinking heavily!!!

Why? What will happen?
E

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 05:12:55 AM »
Why? What will happen?

blinding headaches

dangerous dehydration levels

alcohol dehydrates you anyway adding something else is never a good idea
T

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 06:26:46 AM »
If not drinking is not an option then just deal with it. Chug as much water as you can during the day. Going on a diuretic while drinking is a rediculous notion. Not to mention cranberry juice is also a natural diuretic.  If anything cut back. Drinking 6 nights a week is horrible for you. Your test levels are suffering big time.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 06:37:39 AM »
blinding headaches

dangerous dehydration levels

alcohol dehydrates you anyway adding something else is never a good idea

No shit, cranberry juice, a diuretic, AND alcohol in enough volume to pickled your liver? You're lucky it's just a little "swell" you see. I'm surprised you're not stricken with severe cramps or worse when you sleep, etc.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 06:51:24 AM »
Caffine makes you kinda dry and ephedrine too.

I drink 4-5 nights a week too, and feel the same around the evening, but I usually go to the gym so I get pumped and dry out.

antcraw

• Getbig III
  • Legacy of Brutality
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 08:39:38 AM »
yup.  drinking is gonna make you bloated, fact of life.  just sweat ti out of you in the morning and rehydrate yourself, you'll be ok.  i lived like that for years in college.
I'm Nick's role model!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 10:26:24 AM »
I agree with everyone who says don't take a diuretic,the dehydration also leads to worse hangovers.
I'm the classic weekend warrior drinker,usually saturday morning after a friday night I look more cut but after a saturday night of back to back drinking I bloat up.I'm sure that also has alot to do with my diet,
the more I drink=the more shitty food I eat :P