Author Topic: PBW Presents "The Reg park Interview" - Listen Now!  (Read 10172 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW Presents "The Reg park Interview" - Listen Now!
« on: August 08, 2007, 08:34:51 PM »
Reg Park Appears on "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly" - Replay Now Available

Rare Interview From South Africa Celebrates Legendary Bodybuilding Icon

Just one week after welcoming its 10th Mr. Olympia champion, "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly" is set to present an interview with one of bodybuilding's most celebrated icons.  On Monday night, Reg Park visits PBW from his home in South Africa for a look back at his legendary career.  The 3-time Mr. Universe champion discusses his battles with the great Steve Reeves, his role as Hercules, his bond with Arnold Schwarzenegger and his advice to present day bodybuilders.  Park will also provide an update on his health and the out-pouring of love and support that he's received from fans around the world.   

Plus:  A Report From the 2007 Europa Supershow

Team MuscleTech presents this special edition of bodybuilding talk radio on Monday at 8pm ET (5pm PT)

Visit the online broadcast center for instant replay: www.BodybuildingRadio.com

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine. 
Additional Sponsors: NxLabs, Max Muscle, Biogenetix, 2007 Olympia Weekend, The Vein Centre, and MuscleTime.com

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
Re: Reg Park to Appear on PBW - Monday Aug. 13th
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 08:49:41 PM »
A Legend of Bodybuilding!

I wonder what he thinks of todays BBs with all the drugs. He had a Brilliant physique as a natural (Maybe a few Dianabol) in the late 50s.

Arnold sought advice from Reg on how to improve his calfs.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 08:51:44 PM »
One of the true greats of the Irongame...a honor to have him join us on the show... for any true bb fan...dont miss this one!

For those not familiar with the great Reg Park, I suggest doing a little homework before he's on....

www.ironage.us

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 09:36:52 PM »

Wow! Reg Park is truly one of the legends of bodybuilding. I have admired Reg Park for a long time, his son Jon Jon was the owner of a gym here (now called Legacy Gym)  in Los Angeles, and we took care of them in terms of products, especially ABB drinks for a long time.

Wow - an interview with Reg! I hope you ask the good questions about his life, career, family and more, and please, give him our thoughts and prayers as he should know that there are a lot of people who admire him!

Just this past year, at the Arnold Classic, Reg received his Lifetime Acheivement Award from Arnold himself. He was one of Arnold's inspirations. That was in March. I think two months later (approx), he was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma, and the cancer is untreatable, even with radiation treatment.

Bob and Dan will probably get more into all of that too. This should be quite interesting.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 10:00:36 PM »
This is a big catch for PBW.   

One thing about Reg Park is that ARNOLD mentions his name all the time.  Ask Arnold about bodybuilding, and he talks about Reg Park.  And to talk to Reg at this point in his life, battling illness... This is a pretty big interview.  it's not the "so and so is gonna beat up on so and so at next week's show."   This is a chance to look back at the sport, and the life of, a man regarded as the greatest, BY the greatest (Arnold). 

Props.  Should be good.

AVBG

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 02:30:45 AM »
major coup Dan!! Should be great to hear from the man who inspired the Oak!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 03:22:03 AM »
As a young (and relatively new) bodybuilding fan, i am very interested to hear and learn more about the beginning and the early days of bodybuilding. Should be an awesome interview.
No doubt about it...

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 04:58:24 AM »
A great true legend !

west coast willie

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 04:54:25 AM »
who won between Reg Park and Steve Reeves?  Damn thats goin way back.  No smith machines back in those days. Just dinasaurs. 

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
Re: REG PARK comes to PBW - Monday
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 11:19:53 AM »
He was a guest of honour at a IFBB show in Cape Town last year that I went to go watch.
It was nice to see one of the big names in the history of bodybuilding in the flesh.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 12:54:18 PM »
Ask Reg what he thinks of rug-wearing G4P legends like DA, and how this "new breed" of bodybuilder is destroying the sport.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Nuge

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 01:53:54 PM »
Wish Reg all the best in his battle.

He's one of my fave bbers of all time, up there with Pearl and Arnold...
Repent, or join me!

Heywood

• Getbig IV
Re: PBW: REG PARK (Plus: Europa Wrap-up) "Tonight"
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 06:36:56 PM »
Great interview with Reg!  Thanks to the guys at PBW!   Please consider doing a followup interview.

Ed Corney

• Pros
  • Getbig I
  • The Governor's former training partner
Re: PBW Presents "The Reg park Interview" - Listen Now!
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 09:12:37 PM »
That was a fantastic interview with my old friend Reg Park

I had the opportunity to go to South Africa and visit with Reg, his wife, children and grand children a few times in the mid to late 1970s.  They are all, of course, quality people and were the most gracious hosts.

Your interview proved that Reg has not lost one bit of that gracious humility and straightforward honesty that have made him both a great friend and a one-of-a-kind champion in our sport.

Good job Dan and Bob.  :D

Ed

photo of me and dan padilla (with friend) on our first visit to South Africa in 1975

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 05:08:29 AM »
That was a fantastic interview with my old friend Reg Park

I had the opportunity to go to South Africa and visit with Reg, his wife, children and grand children a few times in the mid to late 1970s.  They are all, of course, quality people and were the most gracious hosts.

Your interview proved that Reg has not lost one bit of that gracious humility and straightforward honesty that have made him both a great friend and a one-of-a-kind champion in our sport.

Good job Dan and Bob.  :D

Ed

photo of me and dan padilla (with friend) on our first visit to South Africa in 1975

Thanks Ed. - We enjoyed visiting with you in Dallas.  It was obvious that the fans surrounding you were thrilled to meet the great Ed Corney!  -- I'm glad you enjoyed the interview with Reg.  You said it best, "Reg is truly a one-of-a kind champion".  After spending time with Reg, its now obvious why he has been such an on-going influence on Arnold (and so many others).  He has done more in his lifetime than most would dare to dream.  Stay in touch Ed.....and keep movin' those heavy poundages!

joelbrandw

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 05:52:02 AM »
I don't know what to say . . .  that was, in my opinion, your finest hour on PBW so far. 

The interview was so well constructed, informative and, most importantly, extremely moving. 

I don't think I'm overstating the case when I say that you've created a very important and lasting piece of bodybuilding history with this episode of the show.

I scanned and posted a photo of Ed Corney doing a posedown with Reg's grandson Tamarak in South Africa in 1978.  Ed was there at Reg's invitation to guest pose at the Mr. Southern Africa show and do a seminar at his gym.

You can find the photo at:

http://www.goldenagebodybuilding.com

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 03:41:02 AM »
OK just listened to the Reg Park interview, and have to agree that it was probably the best episode to date.

While it is great to hear Cutler and the other pros talk about what they are doing and what the eat and so forth, it was extremely interesting, and moving at times, to hear someone who has lived such an eventful life being so candid and open.

As a young bodybuilding fan (18) it was great to get an insight into what it was like in the beginning years of this great sport.

It was also great to hear Reg, who was clearly moved, getting to thank everyone for their support, and letting us know how he is doing.

So to Dan and Bob, a big thankyou and congratulations on a job well done.
No doubt about it...

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 09:33:50 AM »
AAAight

AVBG

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007, 05:29:53 PM »
Awesome interview PBW! Even better the second time around.