Author Topic: Strategic Dictionary for Men: WORDS WOMEN USE!  (Read 3725 times)

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
Strategic Dictionary for Men: WORDS WOMEN USE!
« on: August 10, 2007, 10:24:40 AM »
This is a Strategic Dictionary for Men to keep close at hand. If you have a good working knowledge of these WORDS WOMEN USE, you (men) have a better than average chance of actually surviving a negative encounter

FINE -- This is the word women use to end an argument when they feel they are right and you need to shut up. Never use "fine" to describe how a woman looks - this will cause you to have one of those arguments.

FIVE MINUTES -- This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your football game is going to last before you take out the trash, so it's an even trade.

NOTHING -- This means "something," and you should be on your toes. "Nothing" is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside out, upside down, and backwards. "Nothing" usually signifies an argument that will last "Five Minutes" and end with "Fine"

GO AHEAD (With Raised Eyebrows!) -- This is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset over "Nothing" and will end with the word "Fine"

GO AHEAD (Normal Eyebrows) -- This means "I give up" or "do what you want because I don't care" You will get a "Raised Eyebrow Go Ahead" in just a few minutes, followed by "Nothing" and "Fine" and she will talk to you in about "Five Minutes" when she cools off.

LOUD SIGH -- This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot at that moment, and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

SOFT SIGH -- Again, not a word, but a non-verbal statement. "Soft Sighs" mean that she is content. Your best bet is to not move or breathe, and she will stay content.

THAT'S OKAY -- This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before paying you back for whatever it is that you have done. "That's Okay" is often used with the word "Fine" and in conjunction with a "Raised Eyebrow." GO AHEAD! At some point in the near future, you are going to be in some mighty big trouble.

PLEASE DO -- This is not a statement, it is an offer. A woman is giving you the chance to come up with whatever excuse or reason you have for doing whatever it is that you have done. You have a fair chance with the truth, so be careful and you shouldn't get a "That's Okay"

THANKS -- A woman is thanking you. Do not faint. Just say you're welcome.

THANKS A LOT -- This is much different from "Thanks." A woman will say, "Thanks A Lot" when she is really ticked off at you. It signifies that you have offended her in some callous way, and will be followed by the "Loud Sigh" Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the "Loud Sigh," as she will only tell you "Nothing"

WE NEED TO TALK -- The most dreaded four words a woman can say Because of something you did (or didn't) do; Because of something you said (or didn't) say; You have landed yourself in do-do deep! Prepare yourself for this talk. Practice your "I'm sorry," "Please forgive me," "It won't happen again" lines. These may be your only contributions to the 'TALK.'
W

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: Strategic Dictionary for Men: WORDS WOMEN USE!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 10:43:44 AM »
I'm pretty sure "We need to talk" = "You need to listen", LOL!

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 11:23:00 AM »
LOL most of that is so true :)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 03:28:18 PM »
This is a Strategic Dictionary for Men to keep close at hand. If you have a good working knowledge of these WORDS WOMEN USE, you (men) have a better than average chance of actually surviving a negative encounter

FINE -- This is the word women use to end an argument when they feel they are right and you need to shut up. Never use "fine" to describe how a woman looks - this will cause you to have one of those arguments.

FIVE MINUTES -- This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your football game is going to last before you take out the trash, so it's an even trade.

NOTHING -- This means "something," and you should be on your toes. "Nothing" is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside out, upside down, and backwards. "Nothing" usually signifies an argument that will last "Five Minutes" and end with "Fine"

GO AHEAD (With Raised Eyebrows!) -- This is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset over "Nothing" and will end with the word "Fine"

GO AHEAD (Normal Eyebrows) -- This means "I give up" or "do what you want because I don't care" You will get a "Raised Eyebrow Go Ahead" in just a few minutes, followed by "Nothing" and "Fine" and she will talk to you in about "Five Minutes" when she cools off.

LOUD SIGH -- This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot at that moment, and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

SOFT SIGH -- Again, not a word, but a non-verbal statement. "Soft Sighs" mean that she is content. Your best bet is to not move or breathe, and she will stay content.

THAT'S OKAY -- This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before paying you back for whatever it is that you have done. "That's Okay" is often used with the word "Fine" and in conjunction with a "Raised Eyebrow." GO AHEAD! At some point in the near future, you are going to be in some mighty big trouble.

PLEASE DO -- This is not a statement, it is an offer. A woman is giving you the chance to come up with whatever excuse or reason you have for doing whatever it is that you have done. You have a fair chance with the truth, so be careful and you shouldn't get a "That's Okay"

THANKS -- A woman is thanking you. Do not faint. Just say you're welcome.

THANKS A LOT -- This is much different from "Thanks." A woman will say, "Thanks A Lot" when she is really ticked off at you. It signifies that you have offended her in some callous way, and will be followed by the "Loud Sigh" Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the "Loud Sigh," as she will only tell you "Nothing"

WE NEED TO TALK -- The most dreaded four words a woman can say Because of something you did (or didn't) do; Because of something you said (or didn't) say; You have landed yourself in do-do deep! Prepare yourself for this talk. Practice your "I'm sorry," "Please forgive me," "It won't happen again" lines. These may be your only contributions to the 'TALK.'

You live by a woman's rules,  you might as well be a woman.

I live by my own and if they don't necessarily jive with a woman's, then "WE NEED TO TALK" could be responded to with "YOU NEED TO REASSESS, THINK IT OVER AND COME BACK WITH ANOTHER ANGLE OR WE WON'T BE DOING ANY TALKING ANYTIME SOON, OK?"

Most men will never understand that patriarchal societies are always more successful and they don't abide by women's rules.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 04:30:02 PM »
LOUD SIGH
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 09:11:46 PM »
You live by a woman's rules,  you might as well be a woman.

I live by my own and if they don't necessarily jive with a woman's, then "WE NEED TO TALK" could be responded to with "YOU NEED TO REASSESS, THINK IT OVER AND COME BACK WITH ANOTHER ANGLE OR WE WON'T BE DOING ANY TALKING ANYTIME SOON, OK?"

Most men will never understand that patriarchal societies are always more successful and they don't abide by women's rules.

DIV

Spoken like a man that's whipped lol! You might respond that way to a woman you don't care about but if you care about her I think you will be singing a different tune.
W

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 01:30:52 AM »
Spoken like a man that's whipped lol! You might respond that way to a woman you don't care about but if you care about her I think you will be singing a different tune.

The whole essence of this thread is from the perspective of a man who's whipped.

I don't change my rules for a woman......

I might compromise, but I'll never change for a woman.

You can do that, while you guide the shopping cart up and down the aisle and she tells you what to put it in.

That's your life, not mine.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 02:16:06 AM »
The whole essence of this thread is from the perspective of a man who's whipped.

You can do that, while you guide the shopping cart up and down the aisle and she tells you what to put it in.

DIV

This time I have to agree with division.

Freedom is a choice. Change, and you be under control.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 03:50:04 AM »
I agree with DIv. You cant let a woman take total control of your life. Just last weekend a close friend finaly told me the truth of his relationship. She dominated from day 1 of the marriage. Ive seen him almost never after his marriage.

Her - "If he wants to make plans, I need at least a months notice"!
She demand he go to counseling, but refuse to go herself. All his fault says she.
SHe demand he quit drinking, he quit over a year ago, no change in relation.
He has a little boy he loves, and thats all keeping him w/ her in this foul relation.
He also stands to lose a very nice home that was prolly 90% his $ put into it.
She HAD a good job that she promptly quit soon after marriage.
He slaves 50-60 hrs wk, while she sits on her evergrowing ass.
Watching 240lb men cry is hard.

Be damn sure you know what you got before you marry. My wife instinctively hated her at 1st meeting.
She couldnt put it in words, just "I dont like her for some reason."

Now what? Live in hell for the next 10 yrs for the little boy or divorce? Tough call.
Dont want to derail this thread, but any advice appreciated. He's a good guy. SHe a lump of trash.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 06:14:08 AM »

DIV

LOL, Chill Tarzan I was just jokin with ya!
W

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 06:26:09 AM »
I agree with DIv. You cant let a woman take total control of your life. Just last weekend a close friend finaly told me the truth of his relationship. She dominated from day 1 of the marriage. Ive seen him almost never after his marriage.

Her - "If he wants to make plans, I need at least a months notice"!
She demand he go to counseling, but refuse to go herself. All his fault says she.
SHe demand he quit drinking, he quit over a year ago, no change in relation.
He has a little boy he loves, and thats all keeping him w/ her in this foul relation.
He also stands to lose a very nice home that was prolly 90% his $ put into it.
She HAD a good job that she promptly quit soon after marriage.
He slaves 50-60 hrs wk, while she sits on her evergrowing ass.
Watching 240lb men cry is hard.

Be damn sure you know what you got before you marry. My wife instinctively hated her at 1st meeting.
She couldnt put it in words, just "I dont like her for some reason."

Now what? Live in hell for the next 10 yrs for the little boy or divorce? Tough call.
Dont want to derail this thread, but any advice appreciated. He's a good guy. SHe a lump of trash.

Tell your friend to grow a pair. Then, and only then, things will revert to their natural order.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 07:37:50 AM »
Tell your friend to grow a pair. Then, and only then, things will revert to their natural order.
It is not always that easy, even with a "pair" you can still be trapped in a bad relationship.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 08:32:44 AM »
It is not always that easy, even with a "pair" you can still be trapped in a bad relationship.

Once a person has their 'pair' back things fall into place. A lot of times people would rather be miserable than take personal responsibility for being happy.

Maybe Trab's buddy does need counseling. A counselor might be useful in figuring out why he's willing to take crap so those issues can be dealt with. This will prevent his making the same mistake again.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 08:47:15 AM »
A lot of times people would rather be miserable than take personal responsibility for being happy.

that is something I'm truly amazed to hear from a man.

well done, well said

(women
so rarely say that^^^

xL

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 09:38:47 AM »
Once a person has their 'pair' back things fall into place. A lot of times people would rather be miserable than take personal responsibility for being happy.

Maybe Trab's buddy does need counseling. A counselor might be useful in figuring out why he's willing to take crap so those issues can be dealt with. This will prevent his making the same mistake again.

Thanks, but I think he could grow 4, and this skunk would still be a uncontrollable domineering bitch. Basically he made a bad mistake. Damage control mode time. Other brainstorms? Seriously. SHE will NOT go to counseling.
YOu are right about finding out why he let it go that far.
THis aint gonna fall back into place.
Live in hell for the kid? Or, split?
Child is only 7.

I think he should bail, but I cant tell him that..

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 09:44:32 AM »
Thanks, but I think he could grow 4, and this skunk would still be a uncontrollable domineering bitch. Basically he made a bad mistake. Damage control mode time. Other brainstorms? Seriously. SHE will NOT go to counseling.
YOu are right about finding out why he let it go that far.
THis aint gonna fall back into place.
Live in hell for the kid? Or, split?
Child is only 7.

I think he should bail, but I cant tell him that..

If someone had a cancerous growth removed would people say they bailed out?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2007, 09:53:58 AM »
If someone had a cancerous growth removed would people say they bailed out?

Thats how I feel too. Hes looking at a 10yr sentence in Hell the way I see it.
He going to Lose 10 yrs of his life.

What would you tell one of your best friends in the same situation?
Someone you value, and dont want to hurt?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2007, 10:08:47 AM »
Thats how I feel too. Hes looking at a 10yr sentence in Hell the way I see it.
He going to Lose 10 yrs of his life.

What would you tell one of your best friends in the same situation?
Someone you value, and dont want to hurt?

Tell him the truth, nothing or just be supportive of good decisions. What you tell him doesn't matter one bit because people are going to make their own decisions/mistakes anyways. No matter what you do or say... your friend will make the same mistake all married men make in that situation. Most people tend to stay in situations like that until change is imposed upon them.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2007, 10:14:31 AM »
Tell him the truth, nothing or just be supportive of good decisions. What you tell him doesn't matter one bit because people are going to make their own decisions/mistakes anyways. No matter what you do or say... your friend will make the same mistake all married men make in that situation. Most people tend to stay in situations like that until change is imposed upon them.

Yeah, there is no good choice. Thanks

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 10:25:13 AM »
Some times there is a bigger picture.
IF THERE ARE NO KIDS INVOLVED you can just walk out..........or better still kick her out.
Once kids are involved it is very different.
A friend of mine is also waiting for his daughter to finish school then he is divorcing his wife.
She is as abusive and sometimes violent as they get, but is very involved in charities, causes and the church and other woman see her as some kind of hero.
His wife has already told him that if he divorces her he will never see his daughter again.
Woman like this are ruthless, clever and usually have large numbers of other woman from society on their side and can literally get away with murder.
Sometimes it really is a waiting game.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 10:32:49 AM »
Some times there is a bigger picture.
IF THERE ARE NO KIDS INVOLVED you can just walk out..........or better still kick her out.
Once kids are involved it is very different.
A friend of mine is also waiting for his daughter to finish school then he is divorcing his wife.
She is as abusive and sometimes violent as they get, but is very involved in charities, causes and the church and other woman see her as some kind of hero.
His wife has already told him that if he divorces her he will never see his daughter again.
Woman like this are ruthless, clever and usually have large numbers of other woman from society on their side and can literally get away with murder.
Sometimes it really is a waiting game.

Ive seen that one above too, but the guy was the politically connected/ Evil one. Really screwed there.

I think my Bud is gonna try and hang for the kid, but this is like a box of old TNT sitting in the living room, ya know?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2007, 10:39:13 AM »

I think my Bud is gonna try and hang for the kid, but this is like a box of old TNT sitting in the living room, ya know?
Something he may want to take into account....if the wife is abusive to your friend in front of the child, the child may see that as his "model" for marriage and possibly marry a woman just like mom  :-\
R

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2007, 10:53:09 AM »
Yeah, there is no good choice. Thanks

There are two solid pieces of advice I can give you. They are even worthy of explanations.

1. Don't give any advice. Here's the problem with advice...... occasionally people take it. Last thing you want is a friend assigning responsibility for their life not turning out perfect to you. Most people will avoid personal responsibility at all costs and people love a good scapegoat. He needs to feel responsibility for his own life not be in a position to blame you on any level.

2. Never dog someone's old lady or celebrate when she's gone. Chances are... she'll be back. They always come back.  :) Know who/what the main topic of conversation will be? How you tried to sabotage their relationship and how much trash you talked about her. He'll end up using your words to air things he doesn't have the courage to say and you'll end up being the bad guy. You'll end up losing a friend or have to apologize for telling the truth.

My friends tend to do stupid things on a regular basis so I've had a lot of practice saying "As a friend I'll support whatever decision you make". That doesn't mean you have to play along, LOL! I've told friends they have a right to be stupid many times.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 10:59:28 AM »
Something he may want to take into account....if the wife is abusive to your friend in front of the child, the child may see that as his "model" for marriage and possibly marry a woman just like mom  :-\

Not sure, she is extremely demanding towards him in front of guests. In private, I'd guess - Raving Bitch.

I should start a new thread, Failing relationships with kids. What you've all seen & done.

This Guy is Well liked by everyone at work, Very calm. Ive seen him take a Very hard elbow to the sternum from his previous Ex and only say "What was that for". It was hard, I thought blood was going to fly from a return punch.
The Guy is heavy, but solid, strong and nice facial features. I think he settled for way way less than he could have.
Both times.  He's the kind of guy if ya had a problem at 2am, He'd be there for you.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 11:00:36 AM »
Doesn't anyone have normal, happy relationships?  :-\