Author Topic: Forget about Reeves - I'm calling Sandow's natural status into question.  (Read 1239 times)

Bodies

• Getbig III
Historical Article - A Brief History of Testosterone

http://www.usrf.org/news/TRT/Freeman,%20J.Urol.,%202001.pdf

Looks like over 12,000 physicians were shooting people up on a mass scale up with animal extracts which contained low concentrations of testosterone as early as 1889. (which is when Eugene Sandow was 22 years old BTW)

hypodermic syringe circa 1880

draw your own conclusions - this goes deeper than any of us realize - how far down the rabbit hole do you guys want to go???

The Schering Corporation and Organon were sponsoring the development of a synthetic version between 1935-1939, so injectable synthetic testosterone was fully available to a very eager market via Organon and Schering as early as 1940.
Of course it was used right away by bodybuilders in 1940 -people had already been shooting up primitive forms of it for 51 years at that point!

Sorry I just had give this post it's own thread. Discuss.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
all juice
all the time
Z

Bodies

• Getbig III
that's what I'm saying - nothing real about this shiat at all....GH15 knows what's up

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
that's what I'm saying - nothing real about this shiat at all....GH15 knows what's up
It's pretty obvious how the muscles were made ever since the inception of weightlifting. And any of us know how hard is to build muscle , how u just plateau, and how much muscle u loose dieting without any aid.

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
his physique is attainable naturally, granted with some time in gym

whether he is natural, only he himself knows.

Bodies

• Getbig III
I just found it interesting that people were useing a primitive form of injectable test even as far back as 1889.  That means that by the time higher-potency synthetic forms became available (around 1940) lifters were definitely aware of their development and eager to start using them.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
I doubt the use of "animal extracts which contained low concentrations of testosterone" would really even have that big of an effect; we are talking very primative here.

Bodies

• Getbig III
I doubt the use of "animal extracts which contained low concentrations of testosterone" would really even have that big of an effect; we are talking very primative here.

True, they were probably not very potent but the point is that people began this practice in 1889 and the science of it progressed from there.  What this means is that the practice of injecting "testosterone" was definitely nothing new when high potency synthetic forms became available in 1940. 

Bodybuilders of the time were probably very keen on the development of these new products because they were marketed as elixirs for increasing health, strength, and vitality.