Author Topic: my car ins. is 380/month and payment 425  (Read 3629 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: my car ins. is 380/month and payment 425
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 06:57:49 AM »

at 1000lbs more curb weight?.....  :-\

Which one would the ladies like...

You know the answer...

Many Japanese car companies are moving away from the FAST and FURIOUS look and sound, opting now for more refinement. Many aftermarket exhaust makes are offering quieter exhaust that produce more HP , no more of that ricey farting sound.
 And if you check many of the Japanese car mags, no more are they featuring Evos and Scoobies that much, its all about the rear wheel drive cars, due to the popularity of Drifting.
Where I live there are tons of Evo's and Scoobies, but many would trade there car in a hearbeat for an IS, because it has the the Supra block in it, which you might know is damn near indestructible ( well not really). Every night I go by a Macdonald's that has at least 4-5 Evos and Scoobies, and they ask why haven't I done anything to it.

If you want 4 door practicality trade that car in for a E46 BMW or a IS300, especially if you want reliability and want to tune the car...Or if you want tune it heavily go for a S2000 (there are tons of them) or the IS300..

If you want speed, but sacrifice reliability, and alway want the police to notice you because of the color of the car and that damn big wing on the back, keep your car...
Oh, and does your Insurance have a "no racing clause" for that car? 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2007, 08:42:58 AM »
As a matter of fact...i do know my stuff.
The scooby and the evo have almost the same bhp output in 05/06 right?
Well.....you are wrong!!!
Mitsubishi claimed an 280 bhp for the evo but in reality they had 300 bhp and sometimes more right out of the factory.
Why was that you say? Well little nicky that was because Japan has a law which says all cars must have a speedlimiter of 180 km and they can not have more than 280 bhp in their engines!!!
Thats why the evo smacked scooby ass almost 9 out of 10 times....like i said..you know nothing about cars but thanks for playing....

Hope this helps...

"Smacked its ass"? Oh brother, considering you can find thousands of videos of either car stock racing to within hundredths of a second of the other, I think it's a little ludicrous to say that the Evo smacks the STi's ass. Thanks for playing, you should stop reading Road and Track and look around a bit. The cars are so much alike it's not even funny.

I'll bet you're really proud of that dynamite 82 Civic complete with $700 spoiler and awesome muffler you roll with.

Put down your copy of Tokyo Drift and take a deep breath, it'll be alright. Either way, both cars are for guys that think they're beyond cool for whipping around in some Japanese power that sounds like a wind up toy and I couldn't care less about either of them. Looks like you fit right in!  ::)

Mitsu claimed 276 hp on the Evo in 05, by the way. Not 280.  ;)

shmay

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2007, 05:10:55 PM »
You wanna go fast, spend 10-15K on a crotch rocket and wind it up. Barely anything on the road besides another crotch rocket will touch you. Cars are money pits... And they all suck its just which ones suck more.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2007, 03:10:24 AM »
"Smacked its ass"? Oh brother, considering you can find thousands of videos of either car stock racing to within hundredths of a second of the other, I think it's a little ludicrous to say that the Evo smacks the STi's ass. Thanks for playing, you should stop reading Road and Track and look around a bit. The cars are so much alike it's not even funny.

I'll bet you're really proud of that dynamite 82 Civic complete with $700 spoiler and awesome muffler you roll with.

Put down your copy of Tokyo Drift and take a deep breath, it'll be alright. Either way, both cars are for guys that think they're beyond cool for whipping around in some Japanese power that sounds like a wind up toy and I couldn't care less about either of them. Looks like you fit right in!  ::)

Mitsu claimed 276 hp on the Evo in 05, by the way. Not 280.  ;)

I know you are not coming back with one solid argument on the stuff i said because you don't have a clue whats going on in the tuning scene. I'm to old to be tuning Japanese cars i leave that up to the little nickys of this world.
Because i make a desent amount of money every month a can afford something very vast right out of the (german) factory!
Not bragging...just telling you how it is.

Oh and another thing...i'm not sure if you are aware of this but alot of fast cars come in american spec. and euro. spec. You Americans always get less horsepower with cars like the m3 and the evo's for example. There's your horsepower difference..hope this helps little boy...
?

body88

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2007, 10:00:26 AM »
I know you are not coming back with one solid argument on the stuff i said because you don't have a clue whats going on in the tuning scene. I'm to old to be tuning Japanese cars i leave that up to the little nickys of this world.
Because i make a desent amount of money every month a can afford something very vast right out of the (german) factory!
Not bragging...just telling you how it is.

Oh and another thing...i'm not sure if you are aware of this but alot of fast cars come in american spec. and euro. spec. You Americans always get less horsepower with cars like the m3 and the evo's for example. There's your horsepower difference..hope this helps little boy...

evo fq = 400 bhp. Wish we had that model over here. I prefer euros also. I would but an fq to beat on tho. Was in LA this past week. Saw a ruf porsche. I wish  :-X

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2007, 01:28:20 PM »
Man, plus Mitsu engines are unreliable. Had a Friend who had a Evo MR, crappy reliability. He wanted to seriously buy my IS300. And if you up the horsepower, talk about getting a rebuild. Then the interior...you're reminded that this car is based on a econobox. But for cheap thrills nothing's better  ;D

I've seen video of an IS with a tweaked Supra engine in it. The engine was putting out around 800 hp. That IS was as absolute rocket. The guy that owned it used to go around challenging Vipers and Z06's and blow the doors off them. The look on the other drivers face as the IS blew by them as if they were standing still was priceless.

http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0511tur_lexus_is300_toyota_supra_engine/index.html