Author Topic: Steroids gained popularity after WWII - helping strengthen POWs  (Read 3692 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
According to Reg park on the radio - Governments used them to help the emaciated, starved POWs get their muscle back after years in POW camps. 

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: Steroids gained popularity after WWII - helping strengthen POWs
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 05:58:43 PM »
c'mon rob the purists will have you believe nobody ever took an artificial hormone until the 1960's!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 05:58:54 PM »
According to Reg park on the radio - Governments used them to help the emaciated, starved POWs get their muscle back after years in POW camps. 

Yeah, Reg Park also knows who shot JFK, and who really blew up the WTC (it wasn't the planes) :o
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 06:00:51 PM »
I found it pretty funny.  Any of our history buffs know details about steroid programs to fix up POWs? 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »
HANK AARON WAS JUICING!!

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 06:05:21 AM »
made in M, that picture is great, very rare, anymore where that came from?

A friend of mine who is the smartest person I know, a PHD in Archeology, and bodybuilder, juicer. Said that medical testosterone was invented in 1938. So I think there was plenty of time for many bodybuilders to get their hands on it. He says they were all using it, Grimeck and the rest. I dont know but it sounds possible for sure.

Those guys in the pic sure look juiced to me. I dont think its bad BTW. They all lived long lives.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 06:23:15 AM »
I think Montanas Facts and dates are pretty solid there.
Allways been my understanding that the 1st WIDESPREAD AAS use was for the concentration camp survivors. Drs Jose ANtonio and Miachel Mooney would be the ones w/ the historical facts.
FreakFestMD here on GB Prolly also...
A build like Reves and them guys there is quite doable Natural for some guys.
Reves was not exactly "Thick".

If you took a lot of these Big boned farm kids by me in the mid west and trained them back in the day, you'd get exactly what we are getting today on the HS football teams, some real big strong boys. Yeah a few are juicing at early age, but I know some who are not. Jealous PPl love to accuse.

Without some good genetics, AAS only goes a little ways.

XXXII/LX

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • I have to return some video tapes.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 07:30:44 AM »
I found it pretty funny.  Any of our history buffs know details about steroid programs to fix up POWs? 

I know for a fact that the Nazi's synthesised test in the mid to late 30's and gave it to the troops to induce super aggressive behavior. Not too savvy on the POW situation.  ???

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 07:48:21 AM »
I know for a fact that the Nazi's synthesised test in the mid to late 30's and gave it to the troops to induce super aggressive behavior. Not too savvy on the POW situation.  ???

Yes, thats the 1st supposed use of it that Ive heard.
There were even  bizare attempts at stuff like sewing on animal testicles to humans way back in time also I believe.

Antonio and Moodey used to cover a lot of odd steroid history in the old MM2000 magazine before Philips sold out.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 10:30:24 AM »
Ironman's original owner Peary Rader mentions receiving a package of them from a intern right after W.W.II, they were trying them out on burned soldiers.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 11:29:21 AM »
Ironman's original owner Peary Rader mentions receiving a package of them from a intern right after W.W.II, they were trying them out on burned soldiers.

When did that date to?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 12:53:18 PM »
He mentioned late 40's, so I guess 1947-1949. Over on IronAge, someone ran across a article by Earle Leiderman that was from the mid 40's that mentioned steroid use. I looked for it again, but could not find it. Perhaps they deleted it, as they are heavly anti-steroid.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 01:06:10 PM »
He mentioned late 40's, so I guess 1947-1949. Over on IronAge, someone ran across a article by Earle Leiderman that was from the mid 40's that mentioned steroid use. I looked for it again, but could not find it. Perhaps they deleted it, as they are heavly anti-steroid.

One thing about the I-net, is censorship, Historical revision is just a click.
Ive seen a lot of things allready lost/ changed in my short life do to PC culture/ or other politics.

I'm sure there were a few Drs and patients and athletes that figured the little secret out before the others.
There was precious good info really till about the 1980s or so.
I saw guys I knew were on steroid, but I also saw they didn't have a clue what they were doing, and some sides I didn't want.

Muscle Mag 2000/ Philips (even though off on some things by todays thinking) and Duchaine really brought it mainstream.