Author Topic: What if the corporations line up behind Ron Paul, they just might  (Read 600 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
He would be a corporate wet dream; his promises would essentially pave the way to privatise everything faster than hell.

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: What if the corporations line up behind Ron Paul, they just might
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 06:52:56 AM »
He would be a corporate wet dream; his promises would essentially pave the way to privatise everything faster than hell.
That's just a fundamental error in today's corporate/political climate.  We need a strong federal government to rein in corporate dominance of our political system at some point in time.

This is where strict libertarianism fails.  Provisional use of centralized federal power to diminish corporate power was done already in this country's history--FDR.  It can be done again.

I appreciate Ron Paul's discontent for the Iraq invasion/war, but he's also advocated eliminating the IRS which I think is a mistake.

He appears to be fiscally responsible in his platform though.  I also disagree with his slam on the FDA.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 04:21:55 AM »
Anyone who wants to eliminate the IRS has my attention.  ;D

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 01:29:11 PM »

Privatization is a step in the wrong direction for the majority of government services.

The one thing that I feel would benefit from being privatized is the educational system. I would love it if elementary schools were designed to compete with each other. There is a trend in New York of opening up smaller specialized schools and I think that's a great start. In the past, the primary flaw in free privatized education has been that it could somehow make a profit.  Just let the government subsidize an all private system with the money they are currently wasting on public education.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 05:19:35 PM »
Anyone who wants to eliminate the IRS has my attention.  ;D

Why, so you can pay out more for the same services to Company X  ::)