Author Topic: Eryk Bui says the IFBB is stupid  (Read 30543 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Re: Response to Eryk Bui!
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2007, 05:49:39 PM »
sounds like two immmature bitches throwing down at a hair salon over a no-good guy they've both been banging.

both of you bitches, grow up.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2007, 05:51:59 PM »
Eryk has some of the best shape and build for a short guy.  He simply wasn't condtioned.  He is trying to play the size game and it isn't working for him.  It looks like he hardly dieted for this and the past couple of shows.  He was great on the National seen and could easily beat Tricky and Derick.  You get what you deserve.  I am disappointed in him, because I was a fan of his physique at one time.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2007, 05:59:17 PM »
Silvio used NO insulin for his prep, and for that matter, utilized NO carb up method or diuretic for the Europa shows...he was simply in shape, as you would have seen at the LA championships...

im calling bullshit on this   ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2007, 06:00:31 PM »

Yeah and how would Chick know? for certain?  ???

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2007, 06:22:05 PM »

Eric:
Many of you do not have this vantage point when you are in the audience watching these events, but I think you all should know just what the fuck is going on behind the scenes.  It's fuckin' sickening and down right WRONG!  Why am I waiting until now to voice myself?  I tend to be very optimistic.  I actually believed that I could change the organization for the better and had great hopes that it would somehow miraculously change. 

Bob:
JUst how did you intend on changing anything? With your physique? It obviously wasn't with your voice, your attendance at meetings, or your input on anything.....0-3 buddy.

lol, Eric planned to change the organization with inaction
Here comes the money shot

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2007, 06:23:45 PM »
RMC  your tone was not that of a Rep. for competitors.  you sound more like an IFBB spin doctor.  

The Coach

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2007, 06:27:10 PM »

Then explain the vaccuum shot?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2007, 06:31:31 PM »
RMC  your tone was not that of a Rep. for competitors.  you sound more like an IFBB spin doctor.  

I'll let you in on a little secret my friend...just because I'm the athletes rep doesn't mean I have to agree or endorse everything one of them says or their opinion. I don't just blindly agree with them simply for the reason that they are a IFBB pro...

Eryk is warped (obviously) and cannot see reality for the proverbial tree's....

Right is right no matter which side it comes from.....

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2007, 06:34:49 PM »

Call bullshit all you want...I have no reason to lie about it. The decision to NOT use any diuretics was simple...it would have flattened him out, as his conditioning was 100% on thurs evening....THAT'S where most guys fuck it up, always looking for one more %....

Looking for 100% usually results in showing up in 80%...

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2007, 06:51:33 PM »
Right is right no matter which side it comes from.....

Most athletes representatives, in other sports, will have the ATHLETES back, right or wrong.

The NFL union will defend a guy who screws up.  They'll leave it to the NFl to chastise him and explain his punishment.  The thought of an NFL rep, mocking/pwning/insulting an NFL player on a message board?

Face it, you're unprofessional, Bob. 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2007, 06:53:40 PM »
Most athletes representatives, in other sports, will have the ATHLETES back, right or wrong.

The NFL union will defend a guy who screws up.  They'll leave it to the NFl to chastise him and explain his punishment.  The thought of an NFL rep, mocking/pwning/insulting an NFL player on a message board?

he cant face his unprofessional conduct

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2007, 06:55:19 PM »
let me put it to you another way:  The IFBB is like the pimp and treats all of their members like a bunch of prostitutes … we do as they say and we don't have a say.  Why do you think there never seems to be a "fair" athlete's representative?  Bob Cicherillo is the current athlete's representative but he just follows instructions from the IFBB head, Jim Manion, so what's the point to having Bob around? 

I can't speak to the rest of it, but this section in Eryk's piece is pretty much on the money!  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2007, 06:58:23 PM »

Really? Like Michael Vick?

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2007, 07:00:28 PM »
well at least bob will be able to get some sleep  ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2007, 07:00:40 PM »

Is Michael Vick the athlete's rep?

And is Bob Chick running a dogfighting ring back in Rochester?
Ron: "I am lazy."

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2007, 07:01:43 PM »

1. Please point out where the NFL Athletes Rep has criticized Vick.

2. Please point out where he called him out on a message board.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2007, 07:07:41 PM »
Interesting read but its a fight about nothing.  Girls will be girls

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2007, 07:07:50 PM »
Bob, I have to say you did a terrific job of PWNING this guy, even though you didn't really have to try, he was practically begging for it.

His writing is immature, unprofessional, and vaguely conceals his jealousy.

He may have had a valid minor point in there somewhere, but his overall drama-queen self-aggrandizing tone is too over-the-top and idiotic.

Good job, Bob!!!

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2007, 07:12:59 PM »

Is Michael Vick the athlete's rep?

And is Bob Chick running a dogfighting ring back in Rochester?

Chick did a good job of picking apart Bui's blog entry,

but does at the same time did (yet again) the exact opposite of "representing the athlete", instead chose to represent the IFBB (what he does best)

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2007, 07:26:39 PM »
Ouch.
Bob totally ate this guy's lunch. :o

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Eryk Bui says IFBB is STUPID
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2007, 07:34:36 PM »
The only promising thing he said was that he won't be judging NPC shows any longer. Any clown who thinks it's okay to say the things he did after the LA show and how he justified judging his girlfriend in the show is out of their mind. Bui and I had words on the bodyspace blog and if you doubt his delusion just read the comments on the blog:

http://blog.bodybuilding.com/ProAmContests/2007/07/23/2007-npc-los-angeles-championships/
thanks for the link.  he speaks like a totally self absorbed nutcase and he should NOT ever be a judge.  good riddance.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2007, 07:53:12 PM »
The only promising thing he said was that he won't be judging NPC shows any longer. Any clown who thinks it's okay to say the things he did after the LA show and how he justified judging his girlfriend in the show is out of their mind. Bui and I had words on the bodyspace blog and if you doubt his delusion just read the comments on the blog:

http://blog.bodybuilding.com/ProAmContests/2007/07/23/2007-npc-los-angeles-championships/

LOL, good link, thanks for that, guy is melting all over that blog. You were totally correct, he should not have been judging a show where his live-in girlfriend was a competitor. Also his comment about a 'class full of losers' I found coming from a judge to be highly unprofessional.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2007, 07:56:23 PM »
It's really unbelievable that they can't see their conditioning is not on point!

Bui is not even CLOSE to as good as when he won his card.

Delusional.

I heard somewhere in a conversation the other day the theory that many IFBB guys, after having gotten their procard, simply become delusional in order to believe that what they're seeing in the mirror is progress...because there really wasn't much more to be made.

gh15 once said that turning pro you are perfect, and everything after that is just for love of the size game, really, so that your objective come contest time after that isn't necessarily coming in in shape, but coming in "bigger, but still hard enough."

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2007, 07:57:46 PM »
This was a constant struggle for me to ignore … the fact that I was involved in a sport that is suppose to portray a healthy lifestyle, but in fact supports and encourages the abuse of substances to excel.

The last sentence is about as accurate as it gets.  I didn't agree with a lot of his diatribe but that part is very, very accurate...and convienently overlooked by Bob...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2007, 08:14:19 PM »
This was a constant struggle for me to ignore … the fact that I was involved in a sport that is suppose to portray a healthy lifestyle, but in fact supports and encourages the abuse of substances to excel.

The last sentence is about as accurate as it gets.  I didn't agree with a lot of his diatribe but that part is very, very accurate...and convienently overlooked by Bob...

Yeah...tough to take that quote seriously when he, himself...did both to get where he was.

I didn't ignore it, I addressed it as a whole when I questioned his wanting to be a professional in the first place....he knew what it took, and gladly accepted the accolades.