Author Topic: Eryk Bui says the IFBB is stupid  (Read 30523 times)

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
Re: Response to Eryk Bui!
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2007, 09:40:45 PM »
when Eryk said he was done...And that he had bigger "fish" to fry...

By "Fish"- Do any of you think that is code for cat...

biceps

• Getbig III
Re: Eryk Bui says IFBB is STUPID
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2007, 10:01:33 PM »
Eric, I hope was MET-RX pancakes, call Frank Sepe for a contract.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2007, 10:14:12 PM »
As for "damage control"...he passed that a while back. If he made a post, or made a few coments on his blog, or voiced his displeasure...I could have assissted in some damage control...crossing the line a few dozen times is career suicide. (which he knew)

Why would "crossing the line" and voicing his opinion on his own webpage constitute "career suicide" if contests are judged solely on one's appearance? If anything, you seem to be confirming that Eryk was punished for his outspokenness.
BigNationRadio.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2007, 10:52:32 PM »
Why would "crossing the line" and voicing his opinion on his own webpage constitute "career suicide" if contests are judged solely on one's appearance? If anything, you seem to be confirming that Eryk was punished for his outspokenness.

Because he can be suspended just for his comments alone....

Lee Priest, Shawn Ray were both as outspoken as they get...still placed or won despite it. Kind of shoots down any notion Eryk was thinking...

No one seems to know what "outspokeness" he is referring to....let alone be punished for it.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2007, 11:18:11 PM »
 Eryk Bui :are you from Việt Nam ?

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2007, 11:20:07 PM »
lol that was great Bob! The guy wasn't conditioned enough at all to place top 5.  

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2007, 11:34:40 PM »
I actually think eric has an argument here, he looks the best of this callout group. So he should have atleast been fighting for 5th/6th place.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2007, 11:40:59 PM »
I actually think eric has an argument here, he looks the best of this callout group. So he should have atleast been fighting for 5th/6th place.

Eryk Bui's placemant shoud be higher than he did in this show.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2007, 11:48:31 PM »
yea i looked at the pictures again.

I totally agree that he wasnt in the top 10 at the over 210 show....(maybe 12-15)

But he could have definetely been 5 or 6 at Fridays show.
Eryk Bui's placemant shoud be higher than he did in this show.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2007, 11:51:36 PM »
Chic where do you think ERICK should have placed in the under 210 show???

I honestly think he could/should have been 5th ahead of both derek farnsworth and jimmy canyon. There wasnt much seperating them, but he looked better IMO when being compared to those gentlemen onstage.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2007, 03:18:49 AM »
Eric, I hope was MET-RX pancakes, call Frank Sepe for a contract.

Oh man not MET RX pancakes.  Those tasted like shit.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2007, 03:21:19 AM »
Pah, Eryk Bui.

Who cares about these pathetic midget bodybuilder anyways?

Back to the circus where they came from.

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2007, 03:21:54 AM »
Call bullshit all you want...I have no reason to lie about it. The decision to NOT use any diuretics was simple...it would have flattened him out, as his conditioning was 100% on thurs evening....THAT'S where most guys fuck it up, always looking for one more %....

Looking for 100% usually results in showing up in 80%...

Isn't diuretics illegal??

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2007, 03:26:37 AM »
fuck youuuuuuuuuuu

i have fogotten more than you will ever know.

lol...weren't you in therapy for this?
Here comes the money shot

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2007, 03:36:09 AM »
Dear Chick...

I have to say that I have not always been a fan... but after reading this post I have been won over...

Great post   ;D

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2007, 04:50:33 AM »
All Bob did was get down and dirty just like Eryk did. I would say I am more or less a fan of Eryk's physique but he hasn't done well since turning pro, he just hasn't gotten his conditioning down and IMO he has seemed to rely on complaining to the masses rather then doing something about it or taking it to someone like Bob or Manion. I can understand him getting caught up in the moment since the show was less then a week ago but he should have really thought about what he said before posting it on the net. I at times don't agree with things or get pissed about a situation but you have to sit back and ask youself if it's worth it to speak out in the heat of the moment or to sit back stay quiet and solve it in a rational manner. Bob wasn't 100% right in his response to Eryk but then again Bob is probably just as sick as anyone of people whining like babies about placings and judging when those people also never talk to those in charge but rather bash them. Eryk has potential to be a top small guy but one word of advice is don't personally complain about your placing on the net, let the fans do that for you and if they aren't doing it then chances are you deserved your placing.
I

BrianChamberlain

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2007, 05:20:34 AM »
lol that was great Bob! The guy wasn't conditioned enough at all to place top 5.  

Agreed....  I watch it my self and i thought the placings were fair. Silvio won hands down...  Eryk lacked conditioning.....  period....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2007, 05:23:33 AM »
A competitor can't take this stuff so seriously.  It's a male beauty pageant.  You use your exposure to gain money making opportunities, and have fun if you enjoy competing.  That's it.  

Sometimes you see competitors getting all emotional, ,trading barbs, and in the end, that's not the way to go.  You end up looking bad, and the company jacks are going to come together and bash you.  Do the show, use your mag coverage to get sponsorships, a sweet PT gig, a modeling deal, or whatever else interests you.  Depending upon the opinion of a group of judges to pay your mortgage is a dangerous game.  Find 2 or 3 more avenues of income, and compete in bodybuilding because you love the sport.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2007, 05:29:59 AM »
A competitor can't take this stuff so seriously.  It's a male beauty pageant.  You use your exposure to gain money making opportunities, and have fun if you enjoy competing.  That's it.  

Sometimes you see competitors getting all emotional, ,trading barbs, and in the end, that's not the way to go.  You end up looking bad, and the company jacks are going to come together and bash you.  Do the show, use your mag coverage to get sponsorships, a sweet PT gig, a modeling deal, or whatever else interests you.  Depending upon the opinion of a group of judges to pay your mortgage is a dangerous game.  Find 2 or 3 more avenues of income, and compete in bodybuilding because you love the sport.

right out of pollyanna  ::)

spinnis

« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2007, 05:33:10 AM »
Agreed....  I watch it my self and i thought the placings were fair. Silvio won hands down...  Eryk lacked conditioning.....  period....

When are you gonna compete again, now with the under 210 you can kick some ass :)

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2007, 05:36:18 AM »
when Eryk said he was done...And that he had bigger "fish" to fry...

By "Fish"- Do any of you think that is code for cat...

Ewwwwwwwwwww!

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2007, 05:39:04 AM »
Erik, your a terrible writer. It is torture reading all those soap box pedantic ramblings and occasional curse words for affect. You have hope though you caught something with your "wall climber" bit, this is how you should be writing.

Chick you owned him there but you really do not need so many "..."  in the middle of a complete sentence.

Finally Chick, if a competitor writes to you with a complaint, is that complaint confidential or do you cc them to Manion. Something tells me that you have to report every email, and every complaint to Manion and you probably do. That is intimidating and I can understand why so many competitors do not show up at meetings or email you. Its all very mafioso.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2007, 05:48:24 AM »
do big competitors and small competitors eat the same amount of food? I think they do.  So that would mean the small competitors shit out more of it than the larger competitors.

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2007, 06:01:49 AM »
Wait....I'm confused...when did Bui get a pro card???? BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA....This thread amuses me, Bobs retort, fine...Eryk blogging it in the first place? Not smart.

Here is the bottom line...Bui doesn't belong on an IFBB stage, WNSO maybe. IFBB? No chance. He should be glad he is standing beside some of those guys and take what he gets, expecting nothing and appreciating every minute. That blog is doing what everyone accuses King of doing, creating self hype to continue his own promotion, only nobody told Eryk that nobody gives a rats ass about him.

Let's be honest here, hypothetically, IF bad mouthing the IFBB effects your placings and the way the judges regard you, then this is common knowledge, and it makes Eryk a bigger dumbass for having done it. And for anyone complaining about this fact or talking smack about Bobs place in the industry, you obviously aren't in the industry. It's a dog eat dog place, and nobody knows that better than the guys on stage. I guess that page was left out of Eryks "Welcome to the IFBB" package.

Thank you, and goodnight.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2007, 06:10:23 AM »
right out of pollyanna  ::)

true, 240 has become the biggest pollyanna lately.