Author Topic: Being a pro bodybuilder  (Read 667 times)

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
Being a pro bodybuilder
« on: August 18, 2007, 10:11:32 PM »
The internet is a great tool, let me make that clear, it provides tons of information and is an open forum to discuss anything.  That being said, before the internet became as wide spread as it is today, I would have to guess that most of the people that visit this board wouldn't have had any idea all the drugs required to make it in pro bodybuilding.  Do you think most of the successful bodybuilders of the late eighties and early nineties knew what they were getting into?  Knowing what you know now would you ever want to compete professionally?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Being a pro bodybuilder
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 10:21:22 PM »
The internet is a great tool, let me make that clear, it provides tons of information and is an open forum to discuss anything.  That being said, before the internet became as wide spread as it is today, I would have to guess that most of the people that visit this board wouldn't have had any idea all the drugs required to make it in pro bodybuilding. 

Nor would they have known how little money they make, how bleak their futures are, and what "other" compromises most of them had to make beyond just the drugs.  :-X

Knowing what you know now would you ever want to compete professionally?

I could have Coleman's genetics, and I still would never for one second consider becoming an "IFBB pro".
Ron: "I am lazy."