Author Topic: 2007 Canadian superheavy pics.  (Read 11235 times)

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
Re: 2007 Canadian superheavy pics.
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2007, 06:59:27 PM »

that guy ben should have won, rob, plain and simple........ but then again freaky long torso
are you delusional?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2007, 07:01:04 PM »
The guy on the left is my buddy Ben, who works part time as a bouncer in Toronto.. he should have won hands down, he should be getting his pro card very soon. His offseason weight is 306 and he's around 5"10.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2007, 07:06:52 PM »
His offseason weight is 306 and he's around 5"10.

how healthy  ::)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2007, 07:48:02 PM »
DIDDO!! THE GUY ON THE LEFT SHOULD OF WON "HAZBIN"...lol..you tool, it must be your friend on the right or your fuking blind.

very funny

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2007, 07:54:23 PM »
Shit the guy on the left blows them all away with his legs... comming to think he's about twice as big as the others lol.
Legs are friggen impressive.

True. But where are his lats from the front? Alas, methinks he is owned from the back?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2007, 11:33:50 PM »
holy shit Hazbin no offense you look good but this has to be the most ridiculous leg disparity i've ever seen, this guy makes you look like you just started walking. :o i've never seen such a difference in leg size on any stage at any time.
Monster exagerating even though it's not true ... relax tubby .. noone cares about what u say

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 12:39:11 AM »
Monster exagerating even though it's not true ... relax tubby .. noone cares about what u say

::)

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 01:03:10 AM »
I can see Palumboism is making it's way North.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2007, 01:15:38 AM »
Can see more pics of comparison ?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 01:36:38 AM »
::)

and your point is?...I can see I have a gay following . It's all good

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2007, 01:43:47 AM »
The guy on the left is my buddy Ben, who works part time as a bouncer in Toronto.. he should have won hands down, he should be getting his pro card very soon. His offseason weight is 306 and he's around 5"10.

Awesome. How old is he? Looks like he has a great future in bbing!!!

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2007, 01:59:26 AM »
yeah when i saw the guy on the left at the weigh in, i couldn't believe it. his calves are better that Mattarazzo's. he weighed about 253lb. and must be under 5'11". his name is Ben, he is an absolute freak, and a really nice guy. when i first saw him, i asked if he was gonna compete in the Montreal pro show after winning tonite. he is that freaky.

but Ron was actually better conditioned and is "pro" in the presentation department. 1 year of training and i can't see any amateur beating Ben. and i think he said he is only 23!!

What the hell?

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2007, 02:15:49 AM »
Big Ron got a gift doesnt matter how bad that guy is from behind he looks like the guest poser up there with those two other guys, good to see bodybuilding politics still the same north of the border and sometimes we wonder why the sports following is so poor, that guy should go down to the local police station and report that robbery, its a crime.

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2007, 07:39:40 PM »
Big Ben's first trip to the Canada's.......gotta pay your dues. Its wrong, but it has always been that way...

Rep300

• Getbig I
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2007, 08:37:47 PM »
Well this is to all the morons who think you can judge a National level bodybuilding show with one picture of a front relaxed from row 10, with a cheap ass camera.

Ben has amazing quads and calves.  Easy to see that.  But for anyone to actually consider themselves a fan of bodybuilding and still be able to say that "it doesnt matter how bad that guy is from behind" goes to show the mentality of this thread so far. 

Here are some more pics...just for all the armchair quarterbacks out there.  Were any of you actually there????  I won't even bother posting back shots, or side chest/tri shots..........as apparently those shouldn't matter in bodybuilding.  LOL.  What a fucking joke.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2007, 08:44:32 PM »
What happened to the biceps of the guy with the big legs (on the right)?! Those seriously look like the arms of someone who either doesn't work out or had their arm in a cast for 6 weeks.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2007, 09:11:39 PM »
Awesome. How old is he? Looks like he has a great future in bbing!!!

26 or so.. I remember he's around 2 years my junior.. very thick in person.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2007, 09:17:04 PM »
Well this is to all the morons who think you can judge a National level bodybuilding show with one picture of a front relaxed from row 10, with a cheap ass camera.

thats exactly what i was thinking, how can you judge a contest on one pic...and of a relaxed pose. that guy ben has a great lower body but that alone doesnt get you 1st place. i wasnt there and havent seen alot of pics of ben(seen some of ron) but look at the ones rep300 posted. ben has small arms and small high lats.

condition and posing/presentation plays a role in scoring..not just size. and ron has always been EXCELENT in both. ask anyone who seen ron compete and they will tell you the same.

but to rep300 i see this is your first post here so you should know that this is how a majority of the people here act.  :-\
and prepare to be attacked by the idiots

Jay Kay

• Getbig I
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2007, 09:41:17 PM »
   As someone who was at the show, I honestly don't think one person their had Ron anywhere but first in the superheavy weight class. His condition was one of the best in the show and dominated that class. That's saying a lot considering he is a superheavy weight. Ben does look awsome in these pictures, but the fact of the matter is, in person he was not nearly as powerful as these pictures show him to be. And, although he has "future pro" written all over him, in many poses he seems to have some odd shapes. Im surprised at how good he looks in these pictures to tell you the truth. I had him in third behind greg ulysses (the black guy).

I also dont think many people on this board understand Canadian Judging standards. The most condition, streamlined competitors with the best presentation (i:e color,routine,mandatories) always get rewarded. If last years O was judged in canada, Dexter and melvin would have been battling for 1st not Ronnie and Jay.

Anyways, its a shame this show does'nt get more coverage. Canada has some great bodybuilders and this show was stacked. Vince Wawryk is freak for a middle weight. I remember sitting in the front row at the 2004 nationals saying "this light middle weight could win this show".Well it took him 3 years but he did it. Congrats to him and Lou joseph who looked INSANE. Honorable mentions go to the females (Nadia Nardi and Cindy Phillips) and the entire men's Jr. class. Antoine Vaillant is quite possibly the best 20 year old bodybuilder I have ever seen.

Tomanater

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Eat-Sleep-Train-Grow
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2007, 10:28:34 PM »

Ben has amazing quads and calves.  Easy to see that.  But for anyone to actually consider themselves a fan of bodybuilding and still be able to say that "it doesnt matter how bad that guy is from behind" goes to show the mentality of this thread so far. 

Here are some more pics...just for all the armchair quarterbacks out there.  Were any of you actually there????  I won't even bother posting back shots, or side chest/tri shots..........as apparently those shouldn't matter in bodybuilding.  LOL.  What a fucking joke.
Finally some pics...Phucken Eh!  ;D...Congrads on the win Big Ron you looked awsome.Wish i could have been there to watch bro......What ! No back pics or side shots....Bro you got a crazy back double Bicep and your hammies from the side R sick ...I should know you kicked my ass 3 times..
R U heading down for the Olympia again this Year??We have some eating to catch up on..lol..

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2007, 10:54:23 PM »
c'on lets get some back shots...The guy ben is freaky but for sure is exposed when he lifts his arms up...

Jay Kay

• Getbig I
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2007, 11:15:41 PM »
Here's a few pictures from another thread on this board (hope this works). The first is the top three super heavy pose down. The second one is of the overall line up. It goes Ron, Lou Joseph (second card winner), Mboya Edwards, Vince Wawryk (overall winner) and Yannick Brisson.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2007, 11:53:53 PM »

Hi Ron ;D   No offence big guy, you just look bone structurally challenged in those shots, believe me that guy looks like Ronny Rockel did when he was with nabba, he will thicken his torso up, your high lats and lack of thigh sweep and your height make it hard, no hate but it is evident even in the prefered shots you posted, your to long in the midsection high in the lats and narrow in the thighs, and your waist isnt small either, commends on competing at 250lbs in good condition though, thats a feat in itself, you have a point with the other poses quote, and maybe i misjudged basically as when looking at the shot his genetics are far superior to yours in the way of muscle and bone structure, which really determines all of our fates and from that first shot hes in another league.   

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2007, 12:27:16 AM »
Good standard.  Better than the USA counterparts.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2007, 12:33:18 AM »
Ron nailed his condition. Ben looked freaky too. the fact that neither got a pro card sucks. they both deserve to be pro. both weighed in at over 250. Ben's 1st national contest, Ron placed top 5 seven times. i couldn't decide who should win and i was right with them all day. this shot of Ron shows how sharp he was.