Author Topic: Smile … Or Else  (Read 1626 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Smile … Or Else
« on: August 19, 2007, 01:49:39 PM »
‘Behavior Detection Officers’ are now watching passengers’ facial expressions for signs of danger. It’s a new level of absurdity for America.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20298840/site/newsweek/

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Smile … Or Else
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 03:45:46 PM »
‘Behavior Detection Officers’ are now watching passengers’ facial expressions for signs of danger. It’s a new level of absurdity for America.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20298840/site/newsweek/

USA, USA, USA! .... bahahaha.... you guys know you're the laughing stock of the world right?  thanks for the subprime mortgage issues...

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 04:22:45 PM »
behavior detection deals with a lot more stuff then your smile,.. and if you knew the first thing about behavior detection, and body language you wouldn't be laughing.

if you knew the story of richard reid -the shoe bomber.. you would know why his plan failed... one of the first BDO's for the TSA noticed he was acting strange, not just his facial expressions.. he questioned him for so long he missed his flight,, but at the time shoes were not checked so he got to rebook his flight.. but the fact that he was questioned, he got so nervous he was sweating into his shoe which ruined the fuse.. he didnt set off any alarms, he didnt have any prohibited items,, but someone was able to watch his actions and he pulled him aside for 1 hour of questioning.. so out of thousands of passengers that day, reid was the one that got stopped.. that must have been an accident ::)

behavior detection is nothing new,, ask any cop,, when you pull someone over, you only need 10 seconds of looking at the person to know weather or not they got something in their car..

but i guess its all a big joke to you idiots

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 05:26:57 PM »
behavior detection deals with a lot more stuff then your smile,.. and if you knew the first thing about behavior detection, and body language you wouldn't be laughing.

if you knew the story of richard reid -the shoe bomber.. you would know why his plan failed... one of the first BDO's for the TSA noticed he was acting strange, not just his facial expressions.. he questioned him for so long he missed his flight,, but at the time shoes were not checked so he got to rebook his flight.. but the fact that he was questioned, he got so nervous he was sweating into his shoe which ruined the fuse.. he didnt set off any alarms, he didnt have any prohibited items,, but someone was able to watch his actions and he pulled him aside for 1 hour of questioning.. so out of thousands of passengers that day, reid was the one that got stopped.. that must have been an accident ::)

behavior detection is nothing new,, ask any cop,, when you pull someone over, you only need 10 seconds of looking at the person to know weather or not they got something in their car..

but i guess its all a big joke to you idiots

exuse me for not being excited about having some asshat attempt to detect my facial threat level ::)  Of couse you can tell if I'm pissed because I lost a job, wife, mother or had to wait hours from delay after delay or if I'm a terrorist ready to strike by my facial expressions... ::) The only joke Barney Fife is Reno 911 cops like yourself that look at everyone else like they're the enemy... I've heard it all to many times, we're all terrorist, we're all criminals, cops love to say it...  There's actually some great cops out there, find some and take some lessons...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 06:39:05 PM »
exuse me for not being excited about having some asshat attempt to detect my facial threat level ::)  Of couse you can tell if I'm pissed because I lost a job, wife, mother or had to wait hours from delay after delay or if I'm a terrorist ready to strike by my facial expressions... ::) The only joke Barney Fife is Reno 911 cops like yourself that look at everyone else like they're the enemy... I've heard it all to many times, we're all terrorist, we're all criminals, cops love to say it...  There's actually some great cops out there, find some and take some lessons...

It's a good thing I'm not in an airport right now, ...I'd definitely be pulled over by the smile police.
Matthew McConaughey just got engaged  :'(  I'm so h-h-h-happy for him. {sob} {sniffle} :'(  :'(
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 07:12:30 PM »
Ok berserk...what the hell wuld u do to make us safer.....all u do is complain that the Repubs and Bush are so bad..ok tell us how u would stop the terrorist threat...and no going back..ur king for a day starting now.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 07:26:06 PM »
Ok berserk...what the hell wuld u do to make us safer.....all u do is complain that the Repubs and Bush are so bad..ok tell us how u would stop the terrorist threat...and no going back..ur king for a day starting now.
I have a few things on "my list" that are higher than paying teams of asshats trying to guess a guy's intentions from his facial expressions :) 

oh and the last thing that would be on my list would to be "king" I'm an American, don't know where your mindset is at lately...

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 07:59:36 PM »
The whole thing seems kind of silly, just like frisking 82 year old women.

I think we could spend the money better.  We need to remember that Terminals were designed for easy access prior to 9/11

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 08:26:50 PM »

and next they are going to analyse dress, hair, woman's make up......... wow impressive
are you delusional?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 10:11:53 PM »
Anyone that's flown a major airline recently knows that the whole experience can be EXTREMELY frustrating. How the hell do these people decipher the cause of the facial expressions? Go to any gate where the flight is delayed and you're sure to see fifty pissed off faces, good look choosing the terrorist out of that group.

This whole idea sounds like a waste of resources.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 03:25:03 AM »

Ahhhh, ...so that explains where he got it from.  :-\
w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 04:24:07 AM »

It's a good thing I'm not in an airport right now, ...I'd definitely be pulled over by the smile police.
Matthew McConaughey just got engaged  :'(  I'm so h-h-h-happy for him. {sob} {sniffle} :'(  :'(

Hmm, don't say that too loudly, the Canadian National Dyke Association might over hear you and retract your membership.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 12:09:18 PM »
Anyone that's flown a major airline recently knows that the whole experience can be EXTREMELY frustrating. How the hell do these people decipher the cause of the facial expressions? Go to any gate where the flight is delayed and you're sure to see fifty pissed off faces, good look choosing the terrorist out of that group.

This whole idea sounds like a waste of resources.

easy if your trained to do it.. there is a difference between someone who is nervous, because they are flying for the first time, or someone who is upset over a delay, or someone who is about to blow themselves up.. like i said,, richard read was pulled for 1 hour of questioning.. when was the last time you saw someone get stopped for any type of questioning, except for "can i see your boarding pass".. the fact that they were able to pick reid out from everyone else, tells you this shit works.

for one thing, is a terrorist going to be pissed because they're flight is delayed? are they going to be in line yelling and screaming to draw attention to themselves.. thats just an example, but theres a lot of things they are looking for that you guys never have to worry about.

the FBI has been using this for years to secure sport stadiums and whatever large gatherings there are,, now DHS/TSA are using them.. nothing new, buts its prooven to work

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 12:24:26 PM »
easy if your trained to do it.. there is a difference between someone who is nervous, because they are flying for the first time, or someone who is upset over a delay, or someone who is about to blow themselves up.. like i said,, richard read was pulled for 1 hour of questioning.. when was the last time you saw someone get stopped for any type of questioning, except for "can i see your boarding pass".. the fact that they were able to pick reid out from everyone else, tells you this shit works.

for one thing, is a terrorist going to be pissed because they're flight is delayed? are they going to be in line yelling and screaming to draw attention to themselves.. thats just an example, but theres a lot of things they are looking for that you guys never have to worry about.

the FBI has been using this for years to secure sport stadiums and whatever large gatherings there are,, now DHS/TSA are using them.. nothing new, buts its prooven to work

Interesting stuff KH300,  i some what agree but still think there are bigger holes that need patching.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 12:27:56 PM »
Very interesting...any thought to racial profiling...or atleast not pulling out the afore mentioned 85 year old grand mother.....I have been pulled several time, in and out of uniform, on official travel. Bush signed a law saying I don't have to be searched, while under official orders. They could care less...yet the flying Imama get on without any problem.
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 12:48:35 PM »

Presumably terrorists on a suicide mission will have been through some sort of training. Other than their ethnicity what exactly are the facial expressions that give away someone that is about to blow themselves up? If they're trained then wouldn't that negate the ability to read their expressions?

Also, you're assumption that people pissed off from at an airport are all screaming and yelling isn't even remotely accurate. As I said, anyone that has flown recently has witnessed countless facial expressions that could be construed as threatening and many of those people are just sitting and waiting.

In this application there is probably a certain amount of validity to this but as I said I think it's ultimately a waste of resources. I would much rather spend the money on the ability to detect any and all types of explosive compounds and devices. 

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 01:08:16 PM »
Presumably terrorists on a suicide mission will have been through some sort of training. Other than their ethnicity what exactly are the facial expressions that give away someone that is about to blow themselves up? If they're trained then wouldn't that negate the ability to read their expressions?

Also, you're assumption that people pissed off from at an airport are all screaming and yelling isn't even remotely accurate. As I said, anyone that has flown recently has witnessed countless facial expressions that could be construed as threatening and many of those people are just sitting and waiting.

In this application there is probably a certain amount of validity to this but as I said I think it's ultimately a waste of resources. I would much rather spend the money on the ability to detect any and all types of explosive compounds and devices. 

yes they are trained,, but how can you train someone to walk onto an airplane and blow themselves up? you can only do it once. nothing you can practice. richard reid was trained,, but he still couldnt stop the sweating because of what he was about to do.

im trained in law enforcement at the highest level,, doesnt matter how many times i put on that swat gear to break down someones door or serve out a warrent.. i'm nervous and scared every time, nothing i can hide.. and a blind person could see the difference in my body language, let alone an expert. ask someone in the army how much training they went through,, but when they hit the battlefield, how much different it was.

it isnt a fail proof system,, but even if it makes us 1% safer.. its worth it to me

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 01:10:21 PM »
Good point..why not have it all. Being pissed and knowing ur going to die..or may die is so completely different. I bet they can train dogs to figure the difference. Hey KH..racial profiling..worthwhile or waste of time...I've heard both sides from law enforcement.
L

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 01:19:39 PM »
Very interesting...any thought to racial profiling...or atleast not pulling out the afore mentioned 85 year old grand mother.....I have been pulled several time, in and out of uniform, on official travel. Bush signed a law saying I don't have to be searched, while under official orders. They could care less...yet the flying Imama get on without any problem.

remember that kid from California that hooked up with al qaeda? what good would racial profiling be if its a white male boarding a plane with petn?

a man in his 70's was taken into custody a few months ago for using a wheelchair, and having a pacemaker.. problem was he didnt need a wheelchair, and he didnt have a pacemaker.. but he said those things to be able to avoid a metal detector,, and he used the wheelchair, cuz -who isnt going to feel sorry for the old man? he was testing out the security at several airports..turns out he was doing this for someone and it wasnt the local transportation security inspector running a test

terrorists have no problem recruiting an 85 year old grandmother, a pregnant woman,,or even a retard in a wheelchair.. they will use anyone to carry out their "missions"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2007, 01:25:34 PM »
Good enough....
L