Author Topic: workinhg on the inner chest  (Read 9279 times)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: workinhg on the inner chest
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 10:02:19 PM »
( http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=16318 )

LOL.

you got me.   

but of course..you could have just used google to find that question; as i used google to find an answer.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

pjs

• Getbig II
  • As I am
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2007, 06:56:36 AM »
If you think you can target or isolate the 'inner chest', you do not understand physiology.

Perhaps someone could tell me how to target the area of my pec 4 inches down from my collarbone and 5 inches out from my sternum on the left side.  I think that's my weak area.

Because if you can tell me how to target the 'inner chest', certianly you could answer my question, too.  Right?

If not, please explain how the two are not the same?

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2007, 07:52:50 AM »
If you think you can target or isolate the 'inner chest', you do not understand physiology.

Perhaps someone could tell me how to target the area of my pec 4 inches down from my collarbone and 5 inches out from my sternum on the left side.  I think that's my weak area.

Because if you can tell me how to target the 'inner chest', certianly you could answer my question, too.  Right?

If not, please explain how the two are not the same?

every body is different. extremely minute differences in attachement locations equals rather large differences in muscle usage, muscle contaction...    so what would target that area of the pec for ME may not taget that area of the pec for you.....or even the pec muscle at all.

but you definitely can STRESS different parts of the muscle more in certain exercises than others.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 10:09:57 AM »
lol, you people amaze me.  You said the chest had one mucle.  now you site an article that says there are 2 like i said.  epic self owning.  I never said the pec minor played a role in mass, I simply stated there were 2 muscles of the pecs.  so may son, you proved yourself wrong.  back to school kids..

For the purposes of this discussion, there is only one muscle in the chest being used, the Pectoralis Major, that's the point of the discussion, 1 muscle, no outer, inner, lower, upper.  I wouldn't call my admission of the obvious facts an "epic self owning."  I love how you needed to correct me and then point out the fact that you're an MD so you can have some purpose for being here.  I thought you had nothing to prove?

2big4u

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2007, 01:14:30 PM »
when i wanted upper pec mass i did inclines,lower pec mass i did dips and decline presses,outer pec mass i did flys,inner pec mass cable crossovers and guess what it worked everytime.you cant argue with results,maybe it dont work for some but it does for me,basically where i feel it most it is working.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 08:02:39 AM »
yes,

people should get their advice from a scrawny 130 pound douche rather than Arnold and Lee Haney.  genius.

ok, what is a keratoderma and which one is associated with esophageal carcinoma, and how is it inherited? and what is the treatment... be really hard to find this stuff on the internet.  if someone has a transgredient keratoderma what does than mean?  lol.  good luck finding those answers son.
you are gay.

pjs

• Getbig II
  • As I am
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2007, 09:15:39 AM »

but you definitely can STRESS different parts of the muscle more in certain exercises than others.

Please explain how, keeping in mind innervation, as well as insertion and origin points.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2007, 09:29:56 AM »
yes,

people should get their advice from a scrawny 130 pound douche rather than Arnold and Lee Haney.  genius.

ok, what is a keratoderma and which one is associated with esophageal carcinoma, and how is it inherited? and what is the treatment... be really hard to find this stuff on the internet.  if someone has a transgredient keratoderma what does than mean?  lol.  good luck finding those answers son.
Being an MD itself means absolute shit when it comes to training theory/keinsiology.(sp?)

HTH  ;)
follow the arrows

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2007, 10:21:04 AM »
i did not say having an MD made me smarter in terms of training.  I come on here often, trying to find new tips etc.  I just know more about internal medicine than candidate2500, thats all I was saying. 

No matter what we do, we are always students, and I appreciate the training advice here on getbig.
you are gay.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2007, 10:42:25 AM »
you CAN traget the inner chest. you CAN build muscle with cable crossovers.

these are the FACTS that i was trying to present. anythign else thta i might have said; or anything else you might have though i said; can be disregarded.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2007, 04:11:25 PM »
you CAN traget the inner chest. you CAN build muscle with cable crossovers.

these are the FACTS that i was trying to present. anythign else thta i might have said; or anything else you might have though i said; can be disregarded.

Milos agrees with the crossover idea.

Cables can build muscle.  Ask Coleman, Sarcev, Ruhl, etc.  So many agree about cable curls for mass, why not cable crossovers.  Hell, why even do pushdowns if cables don't build muscle?  Tell Cutler that who does 3 types of pushdowns for triceps.

You can target different parts of a muscle otherwise everyone would just use 1 exercise per muscle group.

Wide grip presses, squats, close grip presses, squats, etc all make a difference in different parts of the muscles.
Squishy face retard

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2007, 09:18:54 PM »
Anyone doubting inner chest targetting should try cable crossovers with extra ROM, i.e. with the arms crossing over each other at the end of the movement. Or any other cable fly movement.

Also can use a closer grip on the bench press w/ elbows flared(I haven't tried this though). OR my favorite "Gironda Bench Press"- wide grip bench press to the neck with elbows flared, and squeezing the pecs at the top with a shrugging motion.

Do report back when u feel all this in the "inner" chest  ;)
follow the arrows

pjs

• Getbig II
  • As I am
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2007, 08:26:19 AM »
I don't care where you feel it.  EXPLAIN IT, using physiology, keeping in mind innervation, origin, and insertion points.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2007, 08:36:10 AM »
I don't care where you feel it.  EXPLAIN IT, using physiology, keeping in mind innervation, origin, and insertion points.

First of all, for what purpose do you ask for this? But sure I can post some links that explain this. Don't know much abt physiology, etc myself.
follow the arrows

pjs

• Getbig II
  • As I am
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2007, 06:33:04 PM »
I ask because an awful lot of people seem to hold a position that is physiologically impossible, and the only agument they have is an appeal to authority.

So, in order for them to learn, and in order to try to make inroads into falsehoods in bodybuilding mythology, I would like these folks to go find out on their own that they are unable to show any physiological explanation for what they believe is true.

Some of them will get it.  Some of them will remain much like creationists, letting faith guide them instead of fact.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2007, 10:08:29 PM »
you have got to be kidding me trying to say that if you FEEL it, you SEE it, and its EFFECTIVE...that it is usless just because science/medicine cant EXPLAIN it.

explain the center of a black hole for me.. explain whats inside of an atom for me...explain how the universe started for me...       come on mother fucker.

results > science
d[-_-]b actin all cool

pjs

• Getbig II
  • As I am
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2007, 05:17:01 AM »
Yet another poor argument.  Those things are not the same as what I'm talking about.

You are stating that x causes y.  I've simply asked how, and no one can answer, other than by telling me that:

1) Ronnie Coleman says so, or
2) They believe it to be.

That's not really a valid argument.

But continue to follow the bro religion.  It won't hurt you, you'll just waste time making your training more complicated than it needs to be.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2007, 06:18:12 AM »
Yet another poor argument.  Those things are not the same as what I'm talking about.

You are stating that x causes y.  I've simply asked how, and no one can answer, other than by telling me that:

1) Ronnie Coleman says so, or
2) They believe it to be.

That's not really a valid argument.

But continue to follow the bro religion.  It won't hurt you, you'll just waste time making your training more complicated than it needs to be.

"bro religion"....classic.  That needs to be trademarked!

candidate, you are comparing astro physics to body mechanics.  You're comparing the beginning of the universe to muscle contractions and origins of incertion...TOTALLY different.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2007, 09:16:07 AM »
no. you didnt understand the point i was making....

he is trying to say that results do not matter if the science to back them isnt there.

so a guy on a low carb diet in the 1940's loses a ton of weight...and a "modern" nutritionist tellls him that that was impossible because you need carbs..and laughed in his face.

who was right? the results or the sience?

and dont comoe back with anytype of "well actually; there WAS evidence to back the low carb diet in the 1940's"..beca oue KNOW that is not the point i am trying to make here.

g do some cable crossovers. feel where it works, see where it makes you pumped up. over time..notice your inner chests increase in definition and and fullness.

d[-_-]b actin all cool

pjs

• Getbig II
  • As I am
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2007, 09:43:11 AM »
Your inner chest grows when your chest grows.

Please explain how, keeping in mind origin points, insertion points, and innervation how it's POSSIBLE to isolate the 'inner chest'.

You can't.  No one can.

Guess why.

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2007, 05:44:34 PM »
You can not target the "inner chest" your best bet is to just work on bench and inclines and develope the chest as much as possible.

You actually can target the inner chest nicely, you just can't isolate it. It's like your lower abdominals. It'd be physically impossible. I have clients do single arm pec decks. Keep the shoulders low and the ribs up. The hand should come all the way across to the opposite shoulder. Give it a squeeze when you contract it for maximum impact.

Incline flys are good too, but not as good for inner as what I just wrote

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2007, 05:58:24 PM »
1) dips 2) pecdeck

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2007, 06:24:31 PM »
just got done with a kick ass chest workout that if finished up with cable crossovers. 4 sets..first three were HEAVY(takes alot of concentration to do this movement with heavy weight though..), last set started heavy, went to failure, then moved the pin up on notch, went to failure(nor rest), moved it up one notch, went to failure...ect all the way u till i was repping the 10 pounds. i could barely get like 15 reps with 10 pounds; and DAMN my inner chest was on fucking fire!
d[-_-]b actin all cool

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
  • 1 DiRty Dawg eat dawg world...
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2007, 09:53:50 AM »
not to cause further controversy, however, i was once an avid trainer many years ago, now i'm back in the gym at 33, and haven't trained seriously in about 5 years, i started last november, i was getting CHEST size back from pressing but was lacking the middle. I started doing moderate weight cables, not crossing the hands, just letting them meet, at full contraction i was twisting my wrists in, making my palms face up. i would alter my arms from workout to workout, sometimes completing the squeeze in front of my face other times down by my abs and sometimes in between, within a month, the line came out.

case in point, regardless of what movement you do, IMO it's all about the SQUEEZE...

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2007, 05:42:22 AM »
Hogwash, you can not target the inner chest at all. That is as unscientific as it is silly.

true, you cant target inner or outer chest. upper and "lower" chest, yes.