Author Topic: canadian nationals: women  (Read 7613 times)

blinky

• Getbig V
canadian nationals: women
« on: August 19, 2007, 03:20:15 PM »
anybody know the womens results from yesterdays show? or have pics. the CBBF website has nothing  >:(

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: canadian nationals
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 04:57:34 PM »
anybody know the womens results from yesterdays show? or have pics. the CBBF website has nothing  >:(

Gene X came through with stellar coverage!

Here are the partial results.  It looks like there were alot of competitors.

Nadia Nardi won the MWs and the overall, and got the Pro Card.  THEN, the judges announced that a second Pro Card would be awarded to Cindy Phillips, who placed second in the MWs.  I guess this was somewhat controversial, since the second card was not awarded to either of the other class winners.  Strage surprise, but I love Cindy, so I am very happy for her.  Her conditioning may have been slightly off, but she's beautiful and will also make a great pro.   8)

Overall:   Nadia Nardi*

Lightweights
1) Cheryl McCarthy
2) Carmen Tocheniuk
3) Heather King

Middeweights
1) Nadia Nardi
2) Cindy Phillips
3) Johanna Dejaeger
4) Jessika Lafontaine
5) Charmaine Crick

Heavyweights
1) Nathalie Hould
2) Janeen Lankowski
3) Lyris Cappelle

:)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 05:00:47 PM »
Congrats to Nadia and Cindy.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 05:05:55 PM »
Thanks for the great pics gene!   8)

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 05:31:30 PM »
thanx rip. i just found the results on genes site and was coming to post it.

and ya thats very strange to give the second card to a non-class winner. if she was that good then why not give her 1st in her class  :-\

i guess they felt Cindy has a better chance of competing as a pro. her pics from the show are great. fantastic legs and arms(delts).

congrats to her and nadia...and everybody else who competed.

also happy to see that my friend carmen placed well in LW

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 01:26:30 PM »

and ya thats very strange to give the second card to a non-class winner. if she was that good then why not give her 1st in her class  :-\

forget what i said. i just noticed that she placed second to nadia. i went  a little brain dead for a bit i guess. and actually ive seen that happenn b4 in the mens...giving the second card to the person who placed second behind the winner.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 04:57:53 AM »
forget what i said. i just noticed that she placed second to nadia. i went  a little brain dead for a bit i guess. and actually ive seen that happenn b4 in the mens...giving the second card to the person who placed second behind the winner.

Well, I love Cindy and am thrilled for her, but I gotta admit, I'd be pretty pissed if I was either the LW or HW winner and the MW second place finisher got the second pro card, which I don't believe they give out at Canadian Nats often.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 12:08:35 PM »
I actually really like that they did that.  If one class is stacked with great competitors it actually makes it more fair. 

Also I love Cindy, she is so young and beautiful!!  Congratulations girl, hope I get to see you later this year!

Jennifer

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 01:26:27 PM »

Well, I love Cindy and am thrilled for her, but I gotta admit, I'd be pretty pissed if I was either the LW or HW winner and the MW second place finisher got the second pro card, which I don't believe they give out at Canadian Nats often.

actually the second card is given out pretty much every year..since they started doin it about 4-5 years ago.

and it does make sense if you think about it.first of all they give the second card to the next person they feel has a chance to do well as a pro, not nesecarily the runner up in the overalls.
just as an example lets say that the person who wins HW is awesome and any other year the person who placed 2nd to her would have won cause she is that good as well. then lets say that the MW and LW classes were a little subpar that year or that the girl who placed 2nd in HW obviously looks better than the MW/LW winners. doesnt it make sense to give the second PRO card to the girl who got 2nd in the HW. thats how the judges up here decide who to give the 2nd pro card to.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 05:23:46 PM »
actually the second card is given out pretty much every year..since they started doin it about 4-5 years ago.

and it does make sense if you think about it.first of all they give the second card to the next person they feel has a chance to do well as a pro, not nesecarily the runner up in the overalls.
just as an example lets say that the person who wins HW is awesome and any other year the person who placed 2nd to her would have won cause she is that good as well. then lets say that the MW and LW classes were a little subpar that year or that the girl who placed 2nd in HW obviously looks better than the MW/LW winners. doesnt it make sense to give the second PRO card to the girl who got 2nd in the HW. thats how the judges up here decide who to give the 2nd pro card to.

Yeah, totally....and I agree.  But I would still have a hard time not being pissed if I was one of the other class winners.   :)

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 06:13:31 PM »

Yeah, totally....and I agree.  But I would still have a hard time not being pissed if I was one of the other class winners.   :)

of course, i would be upset too.
but its the right thing to do.