Author Topic: Bui responds: "Face it Bob … PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE YOU"  (Read 17563 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Bui responds: "Face it Bob … PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE YOU"
« on: August 20, 2007, 07:02:17 PM »

Monday, August 20, 2007   

Think Twice, Speak Once …

I recently received an email from a MuscleMayhem.com member and he addressed this question in regards to my untimely departure from the IFBB ranks:  "Eryk, the guys on the boards are doggin' you bad … aren't you going to respond to at least Bob Cicherillo who is basically playing the role of the lynch mob leader?"  I wrote this concerned fan with the following response … "When I shit, I don't go back to see what I have eaten … do you?"  If you don't understand my response then let me put it to you another way.  When I was in grade school I was picked on quite a bit and became very fed up with it all.  Being the only asian kid in the 5th Grade was tough enough, but being one of probably ten total asian kids in the entire school made it "easy pickens" for harassment.  I recall waiting impatiently for my father to come home from work to find out how to handle the situation.  When I addressed my concerns with him, he stopped … looked at me for a brief moment, as if searching for the right words to say … and said, "Sometimes searching for the right thing to do is tough so take your time and think it through … but when you have thought it through and clearly, speak loudly and address it only once."  What does this mean?  Think thoroughly, act with conviction, and NEVER back down from your final decision.

The emails I have been receiving have not been homogenously on the positive end of the spectrum, which is expected.  The thing that baffles me is that I just got done telling all of you that being a professional bodybuilder is a health hazard, yet many of you want me to continue on that path … are you out of your minds?  For those of you who have been asking me to take some time to settle down and come back to the IFBB, listen up and listen up closely … "STOP FUCKIN' LIVING YOUR LIVES VICARIOUSLY THROUGH MINE!"   I do not write for sympathy or empathy for that matter.  I write with hopes that YOU will learn something from my experiences and act positively.

On a positive note, I have been receiving tons of positive email from people who are being proactive about their concerns, rather than just thinking about them.  I am elated to hear that my spirit to stand up against those who could care less about my health and safety is helping you discover your own strength and courage.  Although I will not be judging for the NPC any longer, I hope those of you who have taken similar steps in being proactive to ensure fair judging throughout southern California will continue to judge.  Always remember that it is a privilege to serve as a judge as your peers are trusting that you will offer them the satisfaction of knowing that they will be treated fairly.  From my experiences, I have seen people abuse this privilege by treating it as an opportunistic marketing tool for their own business purposes.  It sickens me to see judges act like they are better than others just because they get to judge rather than be judged.  Seems to me that the farther along the echelon they get with the NPC or IFBB, the judges get worse with their attitudes.  Most of them do not offer any real advice for the competitors that they speak to after the events anyway, so I am confused as to why they encourage this practice.  I have at times been asked to critique a competitor on the spot, but when I do not have an answer or if I do not remember seeing them on stage, I always ask them to email me with photos and ALWAYS follow up at my earliest convenience.  One of the worse critiques that I have ever received is the following:  "You were holding too much water."  Why is this a bad response?  "Holding too much water" is a terrible response because if I, or you, dropped any more water, WE WOULD BE FUCKIN' DEAD!

I want to take a moment to thank the following people for their stupidity:  Bob Cicherillo, Shawn Ray, and anyone else who has posted my blog with hopes of "mutha-fucking" me.  Why?  Every post on every board … every attempt at publicly attacking me only exposes people to the truths that I have set forth in my blog.  Bob is not a very smart individual as his harsh response to me only adds merit to my claim that he is a poor choice for IFBB athlete's representative.  Bob … listen up because I know you read my poetic justice … YOU holding the position of athlete's representative is a CONFLICT OF INTEREST.  How can you serve me or anyone else competing in the IFBB when you rub elbows with the guys who control the IFBB?  How can you talk all that smack about what I have had to say when you openly criticize competitors while emceeing the events?  Again, YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE ATHLETE'S REPRESENTATIVE.  Face it Bob … PEOPLE  DO NOT LIKE YOU … THEY MERELY TOLERATE YOUR DRY AND OFTEN TASTELESS HUMOR.  I heard about what you did with a MuscleMayhem.com member who voiced himself against your ludicrous claims about me.  You banned the guy (John Tran) who was merely expressing his thoughts and opinions.  I thought that was the premise of a having a forum … so that people like John can voice themselves.  Once again you have exposed your stupidity and ignorance.  Shawn Ray … I would not be throwing stones in your glass house.  Does the name Diane and this year's Arnold Expo ring a bell?  I am sure there are many others out there who have experienced your unprofessional ways.  For everyone else who is riding Bob Cicherillo's rickety hate wagon … I guess there isn't life after the IFBB and bodybuilding for you guys.  You have no life outside of the sport so you stick around because NO ONE in the real world knows or even cares about who you are.  Do not hate me because my world transcends the microcosmic world of bodybuilding.  If you spent less time over-glorifying you and more time helping others become better people, perhaps you too can be universally loved and respected.  I was told that there have been a few "influential" individuals who have actually spoken on my behalf.  Muscular Development's own Flex Wheeler and Dave Palumbo … if this is true … many thanks.  I am NOT asking that you side with me, just listen to me and think about what it is that I have to say.  Dialogue is essential to any movement … so if there has to be some divide to spark positive change then so be it.   

My friends I have spoken and I will speak only once, I have WAY more important things in my life to concentrate on.  Like what?  Like my son, Austin, who yesterday went back to Richardson, Texas.  If you do not know, Austin is my world … he is both the reason and my will to live.  Austin and I had a long talk after the Europa Super Show and this is what he had to say:  "Dad, it is okay if you want to stop competing … I don't mind.  Now, we can eat pizza and ice cream whenever we want to TOGETHER."  TOGETHER … such a small word and yet it hit me like a ton of bricks.  YES AUSTIN … NOW WE CAN BE AS ONE ONCE AGAIN … WHENEVER WE WANT TO AND AS MUCH AS WE WANT TO!     
Elevate Your Image.™

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Bui responds: "Face it Bob … PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE YOU"
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 07:08:35 PM »
Oh boy....anyone in for another rebuttle?

I almost feel bad for this guy....it's like he's begging to be ripped apart.

affy

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 07:08:51 PM »

eric says hi

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 07:17:08 PM »
  Do not hate me because my world transcends the microcosmic world of bodybuilding.   

I guess the G4P thing that he does treats him that well? :-\

All in all, I think Bob C. just popped Bui's bubble and now he must face whatever he's been running from all this time...truth. :-X

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 07:18:16 PM »
sometimes its best to just keep your mouth shut........

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 07:18:28 PM »
Oh boy....anyone in for another rebuttle?

I almost feel bad for this guy....it's like he's begging to be ripped apart.

WTF's a "rebuttle"?

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 07:24:10 PM »
WTF's a "rebuttle"?

Typical Bob wanting to talk down to people without seeing the red underline under the misspelled word.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 07:24:28 PM »
Actually, people do like chick. Including me. Bui can bitch all he wants, he looked bad and placed accordingly complaining is actually going to hurt his cause, not help it.

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 07:26:18 PM »
bui just wants to go and be "as one" with his son.

WTF

He was a loser who took the low road out of town

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 07:30:07 PM »

Monday, August 20, 2007  
Think Twice, Speak Once …

I recently received an email from a MuscleMayhem.com member and he addressed this question in regards to my untimely departure from the IFBB ranks:  "Eryk, the guys on the boards are doggin' you bad … aren't you going to respond to at least Bob Cicherillo who is basically playing the role of the lynch mob leader?"  I wrote this concerned fan with the following response … "When I shit, I don't go back to see what I have eaten … do you?"  If you don't understand my response then let me put it to you another way.  When I was in grade school I was picked on quite a bit and became very fed up with it all.  Being the only asian kid in the 5th Grade was tough enough, but being one of probably ten total asian kids in the entire school made it "easy pickens" for harassment.  I recall waiting impatiently for my father to come home from work to find out how to handle the situation.  When I addressed my concerns with him, he stopped … looked at me for a brief moment, as if searching for the right words to say … and said, "Sometimes searching for the right thing to do is tough so take your time and think it through … but when you have thought it through and clearly, speak loudly and address it only once."  What does this mean?  Think thoroughly, act with conviction, and NEVER back down from your final decision.

And you believe what you did was "the right thing to do"? and "clearly thought out..."?? Should have listened to the old man...

The emails I have been receiving have not been homogenously on the positive end of the spectrum, which is expected.  The thing that baffles me is that I just got done telling all of you that being a professional bodybuilder is a health hazard, yet many of you want me to continue on that path … are you out of your minds?  For those of you who have been asking me to take some time to settle down and come back to the IFBB, listen up and listen up closely … "STOP FUCKIN' LIVING YOUR LIVES VICARIOUSLY THROUGH MINE!"   I do not write for sympathy or empathy for that matter.  I write with hopes that YOU will learn something from my experiences and act positively.

No one is living their life through yours, Eryk...if anything, they feel bad/ sorry for you. The one thing anyone who has read your rantings has learned, is how NOT to address an issue...

On a positive note, I have been receiving tons of positive email from people who are being proactive about their concerns, rather than just thinking about them.  I am elated to hear that my spirit to stand up against those who could care less about my health and safety is helping you discover your own strength and courage.  Although I will not be judging for the NPC any longer, I hope those of you who have taken similar steps in being proactive to ensure fair judging throughout southern California will continue to judge.  Always remember that it is a privilege to serve as a judge as your peers are trusting that you will offer them the satisfaction of knowing that they will be treated fairly.  From my experiences, I have seen people abuse this privilege by treating it as an opportunistic marketing tool for their own business purposes.

You mean...like by judging their live in GF at a show..?

It sickens me to see judges act like they are better than others just because they get to judge rather than be judged.  Seems to me that the farther along the echelon they get with the NPC or IFBB, the judges get worse with their attitudes.  Most of them do not offer any real advice for the competitors that they speak to after the events anyway, so I am confused as to why they encourage this practice.  I have at times been asked to critique a competitor on the spot, but when I do not have an answer or if I do not remember seeing them on stage, I always ask them to email me with photos and ALWAYS follow up at my earliest convenience.  One of the worse critiques that I have ever received is the following:  "You were holding too much water."  Why is this a bad response?  "Holding too much water" is a terrible response because if I, or you, dropped any more water, WE WOULD BE FUCKIN' DEAD!

Trust me here, bro....you were weeks away from being "dehydrated". You may not have LIKED the critique because it was the truth, and 180 degrees from what YOU believe yourself to look like.

I want to take a moment to thank the following people for their stupidity:  Bob Cicherillo, Shawn Ray, and anyone else who has posted my blog with hopes of "mutha-fucking" me.  Why?  Every post on every board … every attempt at publicly attacking me only exposes people to the truths that I have set forth in my blog.  Bob is not a very smart individual as his harsh response to me only adds merit to my claim that he is a poor choice for IFBB athlete's representative.  Bob … listen up because I know you read my poetic justice … YOU holding the position of athlete's representative is a CONFLICT OF INTEREST.  How can you serve me or anyone else competing in the IFBB when you rub elbows with the guys who control the IFBB?

KInd of answered your own question there, didn't you?

I serve my fellow IFBB pro's by making change , which has helped all involved......why not take a look at the minutes from the meetings and the changes that have been made over the last few years....oh, thats right, Ive never had a concern, or opinion, or complaint, or email from you....ZERO.

How can you talk all that smack about what I have had to say when you openly criticize competitors while emceeing the events?

I dont criticize competitors while emceeing....might want to chck out a webcast sometime. I do color commentary while hosting the webcasts, wich only provides fair and unbiased critique for the viewers...

Again, YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE ATHLETE'S REPRESENTATIVE.  Face it Bob … PEOPLE  DO NOT LIKE YOU … THEY MERELY TOLERATE YOUR DRY AND OFTEN TASTELESS HUMOR.

People like my humor...thats why I've been asked back to host every event I've ever hosted....including the Olympia weekend

I heard about what you did with a MuscleMayhem.com member who voiced himself against your ludicrous claims about me.  You banned the guy (John Tran) who was merely expressing his thoughts and opinions.  I thought that was the premise of a having a forum … so that people like John can voice themselves.  Once again you have exposed your stupidity and ignorance.

I havent posted on Muscle Mayhem in over 6 months, Einstein...nor do I have any mod powers there. For the record, I cant ban anyone on this forum, nor BB.com for that matter.....someones exposing their stupidity and ignorance allright....

Shawn Ray … I would not be throwing stones in your glass house.  Does the name Diane and this year's Arnold Expo ring a bell?  I am sure there are many others out there who have experienced your unprofessional ways.  For everyone else who is riding Bob Cicherillo's rickety hate wagon … I guess there isn't life after the IFBB and bodybuilding for you guys.  You have no life outside of the sport so you stick around because NO ONE in the real world knows or even cares about who you are.  Do not hate me because my world transcends the microcosmic world of bodybuilding.  If you spent less time over-glorifying you and more time helping others become better people, perhaps you too can be universally loved and respected.  I was told that there have been a few "influential" individuals who have actually spoken on my behalf.  Muscular Development's own Flex Wheeler and Dave Palumbo … if this is true … many thanks.  I am NOT asking that you side with me, just listen to me and think about what it is that I have to say.  Dialogue is essential to any movement … so if there has to be some divide to spark positive change then so be it.  

My friends I have spoken and I will speak only once, I have WAY more important things in my life to concentrate on.  Like what?  Like my son, Austin, who yesterday went back to Richardson, Texas.  If you do not know, Austin is my world … he is both the reason and my will to live.  Austin and I had a long talk after the Europa Super Show and this is what he had to say:  "Dad, it is okay if you want to stop competing … I don't mind.  Now, we can eat pizza and ice cream whenever we want to TOGETHER."  TOGETHER … such a small word and yet it hit me like a ton of bricks.  YES AUSTIN … NOW WE CAN BE AS ONE ONCE AGAIN … WHENEVER WE WANT TO AND AS MUCH AS WE WANT TO!  

Being that pizza and ice cream were on your list of "carbing up food"..what was stopping you before?

The only smart thing you've said so far....put your son first, the idea that you WEREN"T for your "BB career" is just as disturbing to me as your inocherant rants...

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 07:32:24 PM »
It's like reading the transcript of some therapy session.

Wow.. 

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 07:33:00 PM »
Eryk Bui say:

"Me no rikey Bob"
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 07:35:32 PM »
WTF's a "rebuttle"?

Sorry, spelled it wrong.....

In law, rebuttal is a form of evidence that is presented to contradict or nullify other evidence that has been presented by an adverse party. By analogy the same term is used in politics and public affairs to refer to the informal process by which statements, designed to refute or negate specific arguments put forward by opponents, are deployed in the media.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 07:36:32 PM »
I saw a guy at the gas station yesterday with a shirt that read.. "Warning: Dieting in effect!"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 07:37:41 PM »
In law, rebuttal is a form of evidence that is presented to contradict or nullify other evidence that has been presented by an adverse party. By analogy the same term is used in politics and public affairs to refer to the informal process by which statements, designed to refute or negate specific arguments put forward by opponents, are deployed in the media.

LOL!   Rebuttal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebuttal

thisiskeith12

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 07:38:42 PM »

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 07:41:44 PM »

thanks. I thought it meant:

Willing to get in the gutter with disgruntled little Asian man to find out who can be the most petty.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 07:42:27 PM »
thanks. I thought it meant:

Willing to get in the gutter with disgruntled little Asian man to find out who can be the most petty.

LOL

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »
Bui writes with intelligence and conviction. Seems to me he has described Chick to a T here. Well done. Chick has a conflict of interest but he counts on the dummies in bodybuilding to not even see it. The IFBB is built upon the stupidity of bodybuilders everwhere. Oh, wait, the smart ones kiss butt, too!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 07:52:14 PM »

BAM!!!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2007, 07:52:53 PM »
Bui writes with intelligence and conviction. Seems to me he has described Chick to a T here. Well done. Chick has a conflict of interest but he counts on the dummies in bodybuilding to not even see it. The IFBB is built upon the stupidity of bodybuilders everwhere. Oh, wait, the smart ones kiss butt, too!

shouldn't you be out scaring the sheilas?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2007, 07:54:20 PM »
LOL!   Rebuttal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebuttal

What was supposed to be funny?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2007, 07:55:18 PM »

Spoken like the out of the loop, old fool that you are...well done!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2007, 07:55:34 PM »
Step out of your rubber ducky world and back to reality. You're as delusional as bui and the day is long.

Elevate Your Image.™

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2007, 08:04:38 PM »
I so dislike the way knuckleheads control and dominate this sport diversion.