Author Topic: Why were never any Offseason pics or video of Flex Wheeler?  (Read 4191 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Why were never any Offseason pics or video of Flex Wheeler?
« on: August 21, 2007, 04:40:34 AM »
I have noticed that there are few if any real offseason pics of Flex Wheeler. Unlike Paul Dillett, Shawn Ray, Dorian Yates, or Kevin Levrone. In his Mass Construction you see a somewhat offseason Flex, and there is pics of him at supposedly 280, but he looks 260. most videos claiming a offseason Flex it looks he's 6 weeks out from a contest or six after, where still has his contest shape.

Has anybody noticed this, cause I'm convince that Flex never really went into an offseason mode, because he only competed at 220-230ish, so he only needed to really drop about 30 pounds.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Re: Why were never any Offseason pics or video of Flex Wheeler?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 05:06:14 AM »
I have noticed that there are few if any real offseason pics of Flex Wheeler. Unlike Paul Dillett, Shawn Ray, Dorian Yates, or Kevin Levrone. In his Mass Construction you see a somewhat offseason Flex, and there is pics of him at supposedly 280, but he looks 260. most videos claiming a offseason Flex it looks he's 6 weeks out from a contest or six after, where still has his contest shape.

Has anybody noticed this, cause I'm convince that Flex never really went into an offseason mode, because he only competed at 220-230ish, so he only needed to really drop about 30 pounds.

Well gee maybe if you dumbass looked up his competition history you would see he never really spent more then a few months between contest. What's next pointing out that Darrem, Silvio, Cormier or Milos never had many bad looking offseason shots.

Arnold Classic - IFBB, Winner
Grand Prix England - IFBB, 2nd
Grand Prix France - IFBB, Winner
Grand Prix Germany - IFBB, Winner
Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB, Winner
Olympia - IFBB, 2nd

Arnold Classic - IFBB, 2nd
Florida Pro Invitational - IFBB, Winner
Grand Prix Spain - IFBB, 5th
Olympia - IFBB, 8th
South Beach Pro Invitational - IFBB, Winner

Canada Pro Cup - IFBB, 2nd
Night of Champions - IFBB, Winner
Olympia - IFBB, 4th

San Jose Pro Invitational - IFBB, Winner

Olympia - IFBB, 2nd

Olympia - IFBB, 2nd
World Pro Championships - IFBB, 2nd

Grand Prix Hungary - IFBB, Winner
Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB, 2nd
Olympia - IFBB, 3rd
I

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 06:34:56 AM »
Well gee maybe if you dumbass looked up his competition history you would see he never really spent more then a few months between contest. What's next pointing out that Darrem, Silvio, Cormier or Milos never had many bad looking offseason shots.

Grand Prix France - IFBB, Winner
Grand Prix Germany - IFBB, Winner
Olympia - IFBB, 2nd

Grand Prix Spain - IFBB, 5th
Olympia - IFBB, 8th
South Beach Pro Invitational - IFBB, Winner

Canada Pro Cup - IFBB, 2nd
Night of Champions - IFBB, Winner
Olympia - IFBB, 4th

San Jose Pro Invitational - IFBB, Winner

Olympia - IFBB, 2nd

Olympia - IFBB, 2nd
World Pro Championships - IFBB, 2nd

Grand Prix Hungary - IFBB, Winner
Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB, 2nd
Olympia - IFBB, 3rd

I know his competitive history very well, but he had stated that he was close to 300 pounds and couldn't tie his shoes let lone walk up the stairs. Most of his shows were in the spring. He started off with the Ironman which was basically a gauge for the Arnold. He has done this since he turned pro. He had some bad luck on the Grand Prix circuit, I believe it was in 1995 or 1996 where first heard about Flex being hospitalized for his kidney's.

So it only lef the months after the Olympia for Flex to bulk and do guest posings...

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 06:42:30 AM »
I know his competitive history very well, but he had stated that he was close to 300 pounds and couldn't tie his shoes let lone walk up the stairs. Most of his shows were in the spring. He started off with the Ironman which was basically a gauge for the Arnold. He has done this since he turned pro. He had some bad luck on the Grand Prix circuit, I believe it was in 1995 or 1996 where first heard about Flex being hospitalized for his kidney's.

So it only lef the months after the Olympia for Flex to bulk and do guest posings...

Well I am just getting at the fact that he never really took a yr off so it's not exactly easy for him to get that out of shape since he was never one to be sloppy about contest prep.
I

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 06:49:11 AM »
Who cares? He never had the discipline or deternation to suceed. He basically blew his kidneys for nothing. No wonder Dorian despised him.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 07:06:29 AM »
Actually there are 2 videos showing him "offseason"

(LOL at the fucked up music and wank sign)

&mode=related&search=

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 07:07:27 AM »

Well I am just getting at the fact that he never really took a yr off so it's not exactly easy for him to get that out of shape since he was never one to be sloppy about contest prep.

Funny you said this, and UK GOLD said this:
Who cares? He never had the discipline or deternation to suceed. He basically blew his kidneys for nothing. No wonder Dorian despised him.

And Dorian never despised him, he considered Flex his biggest threat, said Flex was a caricature of a bodybuilder and other compliments, there was a mutual respect between the two.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 07:23:13 AM »

And Dorian never despised him, he considered Flex his biggest threat, said Flex was a caricature of a bodybuilder and other compliments, there was a mutual respect between the two.
Dorian despised him because he never maximised his potential. He has said, in numerous interviews, that Flex trained like a bitch.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 02:41:16 PM »
Funny you said this, and UK GOLD said this:

The man has like what 17 wins 4 of those ASC's, 2nd in the Olympia three times and posessing in some peoples opinions (not mine) was the best looking BBer ever. Now whose argument do you think is logical and whose would you say is inspired by a love for Dildos ::)
I

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 02:59:56 PM »
I have to admit that Flex wheeler's split was always remarkable, and I doubt any of these bloated guys these days would even attempt to try it :)
Get Big, or Die Trying

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 03:09:00 PM »
Dorian despised him because he never maximised his potential. He has said, in numerous interviews, that Flex trained like a bitch.

Dorian's an idiot.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 03:21:16 PM »
Dorian's an idiot.

Dorian is one of the few bodybuilders you can call an idiot - the guy researched bodybuilding before he even took it up - giving himself an advantage over virtually every other trainer out there who just throws themselves into the weights from day one and spends the first few years running round in circles.

The guy had one of the best bodybuilding brains out there - his wife Debbie used to complain that their house was like a library with all the sources of information he had knocking around.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 03:24:26 PM »
Dorian is one of the few bodybuilders you can call an idiot - the guy researched bodybuilding before he even took it up - giving himself an advantage over virtually every other trainer out there who just throws themselves into the weights from day one and spends the first few years running round in circles.

The guy had one of the best bodybuilding brains out there - his wife Debbie used to complain that their house was like a library with all the sources of information he had knocking around.

he tore muscles training.  Flex's training was enough muscle stimulation and he didn't fuck up his body with injuries. 

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 03:36:05 PM »
There were some offseason pics of Flex Wheeler when he was making his 'comeback' with Iron Tek. He had a belly and all!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 03:43:28 PM »
he tore muscles training.  Flex's training was enough muscle stimulation and he didn't fuck up his body with injuries. 

But that was just a combination of his training style (very strict heavy full range movements) and the fact that he was just one of those unfortunate guys who was prone to injury. It's the same in any sport - there's always a top athlete out there who could have done better if they hadn't been out injured all the time.

Karpaasi

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 03:50:06 PM »

The man has like what 13 wins $ of those ASC's, 2nd in the Olympia twice

17 wins total, 4 AC's and three runner-ups. Not bad... Kevin is the only non-olympia winner who has as impressive record as Flex had with 20 total wins, 4 runner-ups and 2 AC's

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 03:56:25 PM »
17 wins total, 4 AC's and three runner-ups. Not bad... Kevin is the only non-olympia winner who has as impressive record as Flex had with 20 total wins, 4 runner-ups and 2 AC's

My bad I just realized I wrote that out wrong :-[ ;D

Those guys were lucky though cause that was back when the Euro Grand Prixs were bigger shows and there was more of them so it was easier to rack up wins. They both won their shares of other shows though.
I

rienzope

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 05:16:41 PM »
I saw Flex at the Ironman in '99 when he wasn't competing.  He looked to be around 300 pounds then and definitely in off-season condition. 

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 06:12:56 PM »

BS....Pansy ass training, and he admitted to synthol use.  Get over it.  And I guess his Kidney condition was hereditary. ::)
\

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 06:15:42 PM »

yeah his kidneys are just honky dory  ::)

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 06:20:03 PM »
Of these three pro's, Kevin Levrone, Flex Wheeler and Chris Cormier, I feel that Chris had the best natural genetics for size.  Even completely off the juice he was an over 200lb guy.  Flex and Kevin look like aids patients.
\

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 01:25:54 AM »
Of these three pro's, Kevin Levrone, Flex Wheeler and Chris Cormier, I feel that Chris had the best natural genetics for size.  Even completely off the juice he was an over 200lb guy.  Flex and Kevin look like aids patients.
Damn

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 01:57:20 AM »
Because offseason is ninja season.

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 03:13:38 AM »
Because offseason is ninja season.
and you know what ninjas mean!!!!! heros in a half shell turtle power ;D
i

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 03:38:44 AM »
and you know what ninjas mean!!!!! heros in a half shell turtle power ;D

Are you saying some other competitors might have had it out for him???

I