Author Topic: AND IT BEGINS....MICHAEL VICK IS A VICTIM OF A RACIST JUSTICE SYSTEM!  (Read 2725 times)

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
Nearly one month ago, hundreds of African-American supporters of Michael Vick rallied outside the Georgia Dome.

Now, after Vick accepted a plea deal on dogfighting charges, some of those supporters said Monday that Vick let them down.

“I shed a tear,” said Gerald Rose, head of the civil rights group New Order. “I’m sad right now.”

Rose organized the pro-Vick demonstration. He, like many black Vick fans, still stand behind the Falcons superstar, despite expectations that he’ll be going to prison.

Rose said Monday that Vick now has to regain the public’s trust.

"What he needs to do when he comes out is to call a press conference and explain where a young man making 130 million dollars would get caught up in something like that,” Rose said.

Fans at Playmakers Barber Shop in Midtown said they still support Vick, because they feel he is innocent, and that he is a victim of a racist judicial system.

"It's bad. I don't condone it at all, but the punishment is too severe, (they’re ruining) a man's career," said barber Dontrell Mapp.

Black civil rights leaders said Vick should be given one more chance.

"This is what we look for, for people to take a stand for what is right and admit they made a mistake," said Charles Steele, president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.

Vick supporters will rally again Monday night, before the Atlanta Falcons’ preseason game with the Cincinnati Bengals.

More than half of the team's season ticket holders are African-American.
footloose and fancy free

Kelly Jane

• Getbig II
  • 5'8"
 ::) waaa waaa waaaaa
Poooopydoodle!!!!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
He admitted he did it, they know he did it. He's getting a year or two in prison. How is this unfair? Why should he get another chance?
L

blinky

• Getbig V
Fans at Playmakers Barber Shop in Midtown said they still support Vick, because they feel he is innocent, and that he is a victim of a racist judicial system.

are you fukin kidding me. the guy admitted what he did....mostly.

Black civil rights leaders said Vick should be given one more chance.

do you think they said to give don imus another chance? or the duke lacrosee players? 

fuk i hate people like this  >:(

Decker

• Getbig V
He admitted he did it, they know he did it. He's getting a year or two in prison. How is this unfair? Why should he get another chance?
Well put.

Geo

• Getbig IV

wake me up when 51 % of the black population feels that way and until then why don't you take the high road (and use your brain) and take it for what it's worth....

quoting a barber shop in atlanta with 4 0r 5 people playing the racist card is hardly means for startin a thread about racism

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

You know what they'll say:     He was forced into it.   ::)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
let me spell it out:

B U L L S H I T

Necrosis

• Getbig V
that little bitch should never be allowed to play another game in the NFL.

he obv didnt do it for the money, so he did it for pleasure. which imo makes it worse, this dude was torturing animals and killing them for fun.

whats with blacks playing the race card, whites never do it in the press and slavery is not a unique experience.

i dont hear jews, indians, europeans etc.. ever really doing it.

fuck what color he is, he is a scumbag and deserves the same treatment of everyone else.

Kelly Jane

• Getbig II
  • 5'8"
Noone cares what color he is at this point.  He is trash regardless.  He needs to pay a high price for brutally killing dogs and it's obvious he will.  His name is trash now.  He's so done.   ;D
Poooopydoodle!!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: AND IT BEGINS....MICHAEL VICK IS A VICTIM OF A RACIST JUSTICE SYSTEM!
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 07:56:30 AM »

It's payback for OJ.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Re: AND IT BEGINS....MICHAEL VICK IS A VICTIM OF A RACIST JUSTICE SYSTEM!
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 08:54:57 AM »
Noone cares what color he is at this point.  He is trash regardless.  He needs to pay a high price for brutally killing dogs and it's obvious he will.  His name is trash now.  He's so done.   ;D

I agree. The color issue isn't related. Not even close. Those who still continue to use the race card for every single thing in their life needs to really check themselves...seriously.

On top of that it's your typical media driven spin as well, Intel is based out of "barbershops"..etc which happens to be in the same city where this guy was beloved and happened to play football. Somehow all of those biased opinions and the NAACP being involved equals "the black communities" overall opinion which can be unfair to the "true" feelings of the actual black community as a whole which does not even see this as a race issue yet our voices are not heard or shown on television or the radios.

If it were a typical black citizen,non celeb/non athlete with the exact same issues here, we wouldn't even know about it so this is not race related at all and anyone with a half a brain can(should be able to) figure this one out.