Author Topic: Singapore, Tokyo, Bangkok, HongKong-hardgore gyms  (Read 5863 times)

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
Singapore, Tokyo, Bangkok, HongKong-hardgore gyms
« on: August 22, 2007, 12:12:50 AM »
I am in Asia for a few weeks in each of these places. Any idea if I can find a hardcore gym at these locations?
Deputy Editor

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Singapore, Tokyo, Bangkok, HongKong-hardgore gyms
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 12:25:08 AM »
I am in Asia for a few weeks in each of these places. Any idea if I can find a hardcore gym at these locations?

I can't exactly remember where it is but there is a gym in Hong Kong near a huge sports complex.  It ad bowling and a neat double decker  driving range.  the gym wasn't that good a lot of older equipment and no real heavy weights but it was busy.  It was like some kind of community sports center.  Some neat baseball and soccer fields nearby too.  It was night when I went so I can't really tell you exactly.  The YMCA on Golden Mile had a gym too.  The Mandarin on Hong Kong island is really nice.  The Pacific Club (?) is private but that is the best place in Kowloon.  Huge, it is built on a pier and is like 3 or 4 stories tall.  I heard memberships were $1 million when they first opened.  Met Jackie Chan there back in 94'.  they assign a towel boy to wipe your sweat off you while you train and they get you water or whatever else you want.  Not my cup of tea but they let me train there while I was in town, but only a couple times.

bigkahuna

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 12:48:09 AM »
there is a gym in jordan (kowloon island) called power gym which is pretty hardcore

50hkd for a casual visit lots of big dudes there

it sorta reminds me of a smaller metroflex (old equipment, crappy cardio equipment)

PORKY

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 12:59:07 AM »
Well if you ever make it down to Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia try the Gold's gym here www.goldsgymkl.com ;)
P

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 01:50:21 AM »
In Tokyo, try Gold's Gym.

Hidetade Yamagishi and a few other bigger japanese guys train there.

http://www.goldsgym.jp/e/harajyuku.html

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 02:01:58 AM »
dont worry about bankok,.been there,,,and u can find hardcore gyms in every corner  man/

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 02:06:23 AM »
If any members of Getbig.com come to Taipei ,Taiwan

feel free to come to my Musclecenter Gym to workout !

And totally FREE for one or two visits.

Musclecenter Gym :163 ,Shi-Da road ,Taipei ,Taiwan

Please e-mail me before you arrive

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 05:35:28 AM »
If you ever go to Australia, you can go anywhere but never to Vince B's gym.. He'll claim that he invented the gym as well as the built the building.
I am a mini beast

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 06:14:17 AM »

Well I was kinda thinking of just showing up out of the blue to surprise you and all

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 11:42:41 AM »
How about shanghai? Im going there in 13 days or so :)

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 11:53:14 AM »
if u ever get the chance in thailand,visit Denis James's Universe gym in Pataya Beach if its still out there i guess it was about 2 hours driving from somewhere in bangkok cant remember ,i doubt u will meet Denis there cus hes in Kuwait at the momment, but that gym is so hardcore,,,u will get to check out some chicks on the beach as well when u finish ur workout, good luck bro.

Drogon

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 11:57:54 AM »
In Singapore: California Fitness (dumbells go up to 125lbs. None higher than that, but lots of machines)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 11:59:10 AM »

You need to train w OGAWA in Japan.  He's supposedly the strongest man who ever lived (pm KYOMU for details). 

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 11:59:41 AM »
hahah fuck lifting wieghts..... get some of that cheap asain pus sy

The Number 2 in Scranton

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 12:02:52 PM »
I can't exactly remember where it is but there is a gym in Hong Kong near a huge sports complex.  It ad bowling and a neat double decker  driving range.  the gym wasn't that good a lot of older equipment and no real heavy weights but it was busy.  It was like some kind of community sports center.  Some neat baseball and soccer fields nearby too.  It was night when I went so I can't really tell you exactly.  The YMCA on Golden Mile had a gym too.  The Mandarin on Hong Kong island is really nice.  The Pacific Club (?) is private but that is the best place in Kowloon.  Huge, it is built on a pier and is like 3 or 4 stories tall.  I heard memberships were $1 million when they first opened.  Met Jackie Chan there back in 94'.  they assign a towel boy to wipe your sweat off you while you train and they get you water or whatever else you want.  Not my cup of tea but they let me train there while I was in town, but only a couple times.

You have been everywhere ffs  :)

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 12:48:05 PM »
No man on that beach u get everythin mostly europeans.,but u have to be cool out there ;)

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 12:50:34 PM »

ANY GOOD HOOKERS IN TAIWAN?
HAHA, RON.....

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 02:10:59 PM »
In Tokyo, try Gold's Gym.

when I was in Tokyo for 3 months, there were 3 Gold's within a 20 minute train ride.  While none were really hard-core, the one in Ooimachi was the one I liked best.   The Gold's website now lists 8 gyms in Tokyo.

But as far as a real hard core gym, concentrating on power lifting and olympic style lifting, there was a hole-in-the-wall gym around the corner from the Russian Embassy.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 02:28:08 PM »
if u ever get the chance in thailand,visit Denis James's Universe gym in Pataya Beach if its still out there i guess it was about 2 hours driving from somewhere in bangkok cant remember ,i doubt u will meet Denis there cus hes in Kuwait at the momment, but that gym is so hardcore,,,u will get to check out some chicks on the beach as well when u finish ur workout, good luck bro.

Dennis sold that one and moved to Puket if Im not mistaken, but Pattayt has several well equipped gyms . Pattaya also has numerous small hole-in-the-wall gyms, many fighter oriented.

On Ko Samui Island  Thailand , World Gym is well equipped.

Chaing Mai Thailand has a not bad gym run by a welder w/ all hand-made equipment, its a few blocks from the Bar district.

In Bangkok, in Lampuni Park (close to the fighting stadiums) there is a open air weight area.
Most Bangkok Gyms are more "Spa".  A hardcore BBer will not like them, but who knows what you'll find in Bangkok? ;)

drop set

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 02:32:19 PM »
if u didnt know u could of kept your gob shut

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 03:24:19 PM »
if u didnt know u could of kept your gob shut

Really cause I don't know the address means I don't know where it is.  Interesting logic.  From what I read he was asking if anyone knew of any gyms in Asia.  Didn't notice where he asked for the address too.  Sorry I can't read as well as you. ::)

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 04:54:47 PM »

That gym is owned by Shane Stratton. Cant be assed to travel - Im there for work, time is tight.

Thanks for the Info.

Deputy Editor

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 04:55:34 PM »
In Singapore: California Fitness (dumbells go up to 125lbs. None higher than that, but lots of machines)

Checked it out yesterday. Thanks dude
Deputy Editor

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 04:56:37 PM »
If you ever go to Australia, you can go anywhere but never to Vince B's gym.. He'll claim that he invented the gym as well as the built the building.

Lived there for five years. Titan gym was my favorite
Deputy Editor

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 04:58:04 PM »
when I was in Tokyo for 3 months, there were 3 Gold's within a 20 minute train ride.  While none were really hard-core, the one in Ooimachi was the one I liked best.   The Gold's website now lists 8 gyms in Tokyo.

But as far as a real hard core gym, concentrating on power lifting and olympic style lifting, there was a hole-in-the-wall gym around the corner from the Russian Embassy.

Awesome. I get there middle next week. Will for sure check it out, thanks.
Deputy Editor