Author Topic: shawn ray -question  (Read 3678 times)

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: shawn ray -question
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 10:00:28 AM »
Its also why you never won the Olympia.

the fact that the judging was totally corrupt in 94 and also 96 played a bigger role

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 11:51:06 AM »
I am one of the lucky ones to train with Shawn.  He was in Vegas to promote a new gym (Powerhouse) in Bullhead City.  I was a friend of (Vince) a friend (?) of a friend (Pat, Shawns wanna be twin) and was lucky to meet him and see that underneath what everyone sees was a cool cat.  Everyone says how arrogant he is  ::) but it's funny how he trained with a guy he never met, then later went to the Lonestar Steak house for steaks and sweet potatoes (Remember Shawn?) and then polished off the night at the old club CK or what ever it was at Venitian.  I doubt mr nice guy Ronnie Coleman would do that!  Anyway, we trained chest at Golds on Sahara/Decatur and if my memory is right he went up to 100lb dumbells on flat and incline for press, 80's or so on flies and did more sets than I could count (reps in the 16 range).  There where 4 of us and he made it a priority to keep his momentum as we were jaw-jackin'.  The guy was doing just about a set everytime one of us did which meant he probably did 3 times as many sets!  We through in the towel and Shawn just had to ask if we were done! >:(  My chest hurt for a week trying to stay up with him!  :-[ I know some dipshit on here will say they can do those poundages but his style and form is something i'll never forget!  Seeing a pro train will change your mindset forever!  I never said thanks to Shawn so i'll say it now...Thanks bro', you know as well as me that all these haters would be your best friend if they met you!  8) Keep rockin' and rollin'...see ya' in Vegas someday!  Good luck!!! ;)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 12:20:21 PM »
just do a show like the masters or some shit
why should he do masters for? why should he make a comeback for? why should kevin make a comeback for?
he is top 10 bodybuilders in the history of bodybuilding,,and his physiqe at his best is couple levels better than current champ,,since the sport of bodybuilding is not football or basketball he has a place in people mind as one of the best ever with or with out o title,,

you ask yourself who was better bodybuilder current champ or branch warren...and the answer is always shawn ray,,
there are many reasons for that that far exeed genetics,,it has a lot to do with work ethitcs,,less relaiable on drugs,,less reliable on insulin as in not abusing the shit out of it etc etc
fallen angel

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2007, 12:43:58 PM »
I am one of the lucky ones to train with Shawn.  He was in Vegas to promote a new gym (Powerhouse) in Bullhead City.  I was a friend of (Vince) a friend (?) of a friend (Pat, Shawns wanna be twin) and was lucky to meet him and see that underneath what everyone sees was a cool cat.  Everyone says how arrogant he is  ::) but it's funny how he trained with a guy he never met, then later went to the Lonestar Steak house for steaks and sweet potatoes (Remember Shawn?) and then polished off the night at the old club CK or what ever it was at Venitian.  I doubt mr nice guy Ronnie Coleman would do that!  Anyway, we trained chest at Golds on Sahara/Decatur and if my memory is right he went up to 100lb dumbells on flat and incline for press, 80's or so on flies and did more sets than I could count (reps in the 16 range).  There where 4 of us and he made it a priority to keep his momentum as we were jaw-jackin'.  The guy was doing just about a set everytime one of us did which meant he probably did 3 times as many sets!  We through in the towel and Shawn just had to ask if we were done! >:(  My chest hurt for a week trying to stay up with him!  :-[ I know some dipshit on here will say they can do those poundages but his style and form is something i'll never forget!  Seeing a pro train will change your mindset forever!  I never said thanks to Shawn so i'll say it now...Thanks bro', you know as well as me that all these haters would be your best friend if they met you!  8) Keep rockin' and rollin'...see ya' in Vegas someday!  Good luck!!! ;)

Great Post

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2007, 01:20:19 PM »
Great Post

Thanks, but I doubt Shawn will remember. We'll see... ;)

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 03:41:17 PM »
levrone will,  he is mildly retarded?  remember when he raced that olympic track athlete?
you are gay.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2007, 12:36:18 PM »
It sounds vague but that was my routine.
I trained often in Vegas, as it is my 2nd home and Lone Star was my place after I trained, CK was the spot when they first opened.
I trained with a lot of guys I never knew, it offered me a chance from where I came from, to give back and motivate guys scratching the surface of our sport. Letting guys in on the difference training at top level is compared with simply training.
I did that often, with hundreds of guys around the world. I preferred that because strangers appreciated those workouts the most. They are lasting in their minds because of the rarity of it all, (Training w a Professional) plus the workout is typically painful enough for them never to forget. I hear stories from guys who are friends of a friend all the time. While I may not remember exact details, I certainly remember the pleasure I get from hearing the stories of good times and great workouts!
Man, I miss those days but would not trade them for present day competitions.
Peace,
S