Author Topic: shawn ray -question  (Read 3677 times)

Dave Czech

• Getbig III
shawn ray -question
« on: August 22, 2007, 05:14:58 AM »
hi shawn

you train   22 years I had never heard that you injured ,magazines,radio ,nothing -what is truth?  are inspiration for all bodybuilder in the world  :D :D

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: shawn ray -question
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 05:31:30 AM »
ALL GIMMICK

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 09:11:19 AM »
Thank you.
I injured a Nerve in my neck while training once with Mike Christian for the 89 Arnold Classic, which I ultimately pulled out of 7 weeks before the show due a constant nagging pain around the base of my neck and skull.
It was only from me straining too hard but could only be managed with time away from exercise. Unfortunately, I had signed a contract to compete in the Arnold and Wayne DeMilia despite my doctors information with regard to the injury, Suspended me for a period of 1 yr.
I lived to tell the story but never bitched or complained as I was young and healthy.
Since that time, I was never injured, my training style and philisophy keep me injury free by the grace of God.
I never tracked poundages, measured my muscles, challenged my strength or compared my training with others. What worked for me, worked and the years of competition never took a toll on my body or joints.
Peace,
S
PS: I'm still short though ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »
Thank you.
I injured a Nerve in my neck while training once with Mike Christian for the 89 Arnold Classic, which I ultimately pulled out of 7 weeks before the show due a constant nagging pain around the base of my neck and skull.
It was only from me straining too hard but could only be managed with time away from exercise. Unfortunately, I had signed a contract to compete in the Arnold and Wayne DeMilia despite my doctors information with regard to the injury, Suspended me for a period of 1 yr.
I lived to tell the story but never bitched or complained as I was young and healthy.
Since that time, I was never injured, my training style and philisophy keep me injury free by the grace of God.
I never tracked poundages, measured my muscles, challenged my strength or compared my training with others. What worked for me, worked and the years of competition never took a toll on my body or joints.
Peace,
S

did you do a cormier and watched some hot bitch doing bent over rows when you injured the neck?

Z

Dave Czech

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 09:23:53 AM »
Thank you.
Peace,
S

you have to be lucky man shawn  ;Dwho're your most frequent  training partner ?(chris cormier,lee priest)you and pavol jablonicky are legend our sport _remember on kosice czechoslovakia ?

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 09:40:51 AM »
DO U THINK A  SLOWER REP SPEED IS A KEY FOR BEING INJURY FREE?
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 09:49:54 AM »
shawn,,,make a comeback!

look, test is natural, so just supplementing your own is NOT A SIN!  no where on the ten commandments does it say "though shoul not use steroids."   

donlt be selffish, do it for your fans

seacrest out.
you are gay.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 09:51:38 AM »
shawn has answered this before.

but my 2 cents, is shawn dont make a comeback...got nothing to prove, and i would rather see u live a million year than less for a few years competing and these days the shit they take is just too bad for the health.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 09:59:59 AM »
just do a show like the masters or some shit
you are gay.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 10:01:26 AM »
mayeb eat a stack of pancakes like eric bui....that should dial him in in classic form.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »
With Football Season gearing up, I doubt I'll be making a Comeback anytime soon!
I'm looking forward to the BBQ's, Tailgating, Chips n Dip, Etc........Nope, dieting and competing will have to wait until I'm in a deep sleep!
That said, I trained alot with my boys, Troy Zuke, Dennis Newman, Flex abit w Cormier not many other Pro's I can remember.
In the beginning I used to get down with John Brown and later Mike Christian but mostly I trained w anybody training what I was training on any given day. Made it more challenging to try and beat em down, make em quit because we never knew eachothers Strengths & Weaknesses.

Go Saint's, Chargers, Raiders & Steelers ;D
I dont discriminate, I just like a lot of different teams for alot of different reasons! ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 10:07:02 AM »
With Football Season gearing up, I doubt I'll be making a Comeback anytime soon!
I'm looking forward to the BBQ's, Tailgating, Chips n Dip, Etc........Nope, dieting and competing will have to wait until I'm in a deep sleep!
That said, I trained alot with my boys, Troy Zuke, Dennis Newman, Flex abit w Cormier not many other Pro's I can remember.
In the beginning I used to get down with John Brown and later Mike Christian but mostly I trained w anybody training what I was training on any given day. Made it more challenging to try and beat em down, make em quit because we never knew eachothers Strengths & Weaknesses.

Go Saint's, Chargers, Raiders & Steelers ;D
I dont discriminate, I just like a lot of different teams for alot of different reasons! ;D

you need to pick ONE team  >:(
Z

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »
I did, The Raiders then that Punk QB, Jamarcus started holding em' Hostage for more MONEY! >:(

I have no team this year, so I'm going with a few favorites to increase my chances of enjoying a Superbowl Contender! ;D

Dave Czech

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 12:11:51 PM »
when play footbal in los angeles ?how often now train in gym?only light weight and much run
have you been best bodybuilder will also footballer  :D :D

Dave Czech

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 03:41:51 PM »
SHAWN .remember on kosice czechoslovakia?AND SHOW WITH PAVOL JABLONICKY   

:D

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 03:51:05 PM »
I never tracked poundages, measured my muscles, challenged my strength or compared my training with others.

mostly I trained w anybody training what I was training on any given day. Made it more challenging to try and beat em down, make em quit because we never knew eachothers Strengths & Weaknesses.

Epic contradiction :D
w

oppositeofthin

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 08:56:58 PM »
Thank you.
Peace,
S

What did you do to rehab it?  What did it feel like?

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 10:25:52 PM »
Yo Shawn,

wat was the deal with Troy zuke, they say that next to matarazoo he had the best calves ever. But i never really noticed him compete. tell the story behind him and his career there is not much out there. i only found out who he was when i saw 'the stand tall' dvd and i thought he was hilarious when he says about boyer coe 'he done got them freaky biceps don't he'..and then i looked him up on the net and didnt find much.

also two more q's:

1. your opinion on the stand tall dvd? i think its the best bb dvd and most inspirational. what do u think? and also ur opinion on boyer coe (one of my fav's ever) I remember he spots u on incline bench during bfto 2001 and also ur opinion on louie?

2. also is it true that flex wheeler did not train hard and that if he trained like u and was as disciplined he would have been much better? (i know ur friends but if its true just give me a politically correct read between the lines answer).

3. YOU MUST ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS OR I'LL STEAL UR RED LAMBO  ;D ;D ;D
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 06:19:25 AM »
I never compared my Stregth to other "PRO's" damn, I didn't know my post would be scrutinized. ::)
Even then, I didn't compare with others I tried to beat them in training, stamina, endurance in the gym. The weight was irrelevant most of the time since everyone is different when it comes to Strength.
* Troy Zuke- He is now working in the Anti Aging Industry living in San Clemente, Ca with his wife and 2 teeneage daughters.
He trained hard and made the most of what he had to work with by winning the 89 Over All National Championships while training with me as my partner including when I won my National Championship in 87 2 yrs prior.
His Calves were good but nothing like Matarazzo's. Gaspari, Mendenhall, De Mayo all had better calves than Troy but for a 6ft guy, they were good!
He did the work when it was time to train and diet just didn't have the genetics which is why he was impressive to me as a BBer back then.
Signed a 2 yr deal with the WBF and didn't fare too well but made good money (Nice Move).
Made a failed attempt to comback I believe in 96 at the NOC and didn't crack the top 15.
Boyer, nice guy consistent trainer and smart business man.
Louie, well what can you say that hasn't already been said here on this board :-\

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 06:32:03 AM »
 I'd pay $100 for Lou to sign these photos for me :o

bigkahuna

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 06:36:23 AM »
shawn what are some of your best poundages?

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 07:39:08 AM »
send to me, i will sign them for 50.

I feel as though shawn said on a flex magazine workout video that he only ate when he was hungry.  is this true shawn?  you prob only ate 3-4 thousand calories a day?

you are gay.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 07:58:16 AM »

Its also why you never won the Olympia.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2007, 08:20:39 AM »
cool shawn, thanks for taking the time to write that.

I think i read the comment about his calves in some article on the internet.

yeah i think boyer's two arms to the side pose is a classic that he made his signature pose.

about lou, well he must be a dick cos everyone says that lol.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2007, 09:46:32 AM »
Shawn - Speaking of Zuke...what is he up to these days, always liked his physique...seemed like he disappeared after WBF....good payout perhaps?

read the previous post he made, he answerd the same question
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!