Author Topic: Chicken Jerky Tenders (made in China)  (Read 1870 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Chicken Jerky Tenders (made in China)
« on: August 22, 2007, 07:03:29 AM »
Wal-Mart quietly pulled dog treats
By Associated Press

LITTLE ROCK -- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. quietly stopped selling two brands of dog treats in July, after customers voiced concerns that the Chinese products may have caused their pets to fall ill, but no recall has been announced, a company spokeswoman confirmed.

The world’s largest retailer started pulling Chicken Jerky Strips from Import-Pingyang Pet Product Co. and Chicken Jerky from Shanghai Bestro Trading on July 26, spokeswoman Deisha Galberth said.

Wal-Mart also placed a computerized block on all cash registers to prevent workers from selling the products, Galberth said. 

---------

My dogs love Chicken Jerky Tenders from ADI PET, INC.-Reno, NV that are also made in China.  I went to their website:  http://waggintrainbrand@adipet.com/index.shtml and when you enter the site a pop-up screen shows that states that the WagginTrain/ADI Pet co has never purchased products from the above companies and are safe.

I can't copy it onto here for some reason.  Flower, etc would you please go to the site and give me your input?  Thank you!

R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: Chicken Jerky Tenders (made in China)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 08:36:20 AM »
It says they are produced in US owned factories (they don't say where those factories are though?):

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: Chicken Jerky Tenders (made in China)
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 08:42:52 AM »
My personal opinion is that I wouldn't trust ANYTHING from China, pet or human.  Look at the recent products found to have stuff in them that is harmful.  And they have admitted to tainting products for profit. 

That and the fact that they abuse dogs and cats used for food makes me want to never buy anything that supports China (easier said than done).