Author Topic: Planned Parenthood - Morning After Pill  (Read 15265 times)

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Planned Parenthood - Morning After Pill
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2007, 05:37:48 PM »
Your pre-occupation with anal sex scares excites me.   :)

I fixed it for you.  8)

What do you want on your pizza?

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2007, 05:43:58 PM »
Nothing so dramatic - just grew up observing that fundamentalist Christians were, as a group, some of the least intelligent, most hypocritical people I had ever seen.  Then, of course, I observed them infect the political system in this country to the detriment of us all. 

Planned Parenthood has done a great service by helping this, poor, stupid, er... I mean Christian "educated" girl from fucking up her life.   I'd rather her go there 1000 more times than drop another unwanted baby on the planet.

There are idiots and hypocrites on both the left and the right side of the political spectrum.

There are a lot of Christians that do a lot of good for their fellow man and having faith does not mean you're not intelligent.

You're a smart man but I think your anger is clouding your judgment.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2007, 08:55:37 PM »
I fixed it for you.  8)

What do you want on your pizza?

A Titanium / Kevlar chastity belt.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2007, 11:10:42 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=481313&in_page_id=1879

Sad.  I wonder how many women get abortions to preserve a certain lifestyle, like this woman:

NO REGRETS

Jenny Watson, 33, is an accountant. She lives in London with her partner, Andrew, 33, an IT executive. She had an abortion in January 2005. She says:

I fell pregnant at the worst possible time. Having worked for years to establish my career, the last thing I wanted was a child. All through my 20s I'd saved up to buy my flat, and for the first time in years I was able to go out and buy little luxuries.

Andrew and I had been together for two years when I realised I was expecting, but neither of us felt ready for a baby. I'd come off the pill because it was giving me really bad mood swings and we were using condoms. When one burst, I thought I could never be that unlucky.

Initially, I hoped my period was just late because I'd been stressed. When the test was positive, I felt physically sick. Sitting on the bathroom floor in tears, Andrew and I had the worst conversation we'd ever had.

Instinctively, I knew that I wasn't ready for motherhood. Andrew was willing to go ahead, but when I told him I wanted to have an abortion, I think he was relieved.

The following day, I went to see my GP and was booked in for my termination at a Central London NHS hospital. I had a vacuum aspiration abortion when I was six weeks pregnant.

In my mind, it was not a proper baby yet so I didn't feel like I was killing something. Now, when I hear how babies can have a heartbeat at six weeks, it does upset me.

The procedure was done under general anaesthetic so I didn't feel a thing. I don't feel guilty, and I justify it by saying to myself that I only have one life and I can't give up my own happiness and dreams for the sake of a baby.

The strain of such a serious event made our relationship difficult for a few months, but now Andrew and I are closer than ever.

I know we will stay together and one day have another baby - but it will happen when the time is right.

I think the limit should stay where it is because I believe that women do have the right to choose. In my opinion, it's not a fully formed baby until it is born at full term. Until then, the mother's wishes must come first.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2007, 11:22:42 AM »
This case is on it's way to the Supreme Court....guaranteed!  All the more reason why this next presidential election is so pivotal.  

Top N.J. Court Reverses Abortion Ruling
By JEFFREY GOLD – 1 day ago

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A doctor has no duty to tell a woman considering an abortion that her embryo is an "existing human being," a unanimous New Jersey Supreme Court ruled Wednesday, averting a trial over when human life begins.

The decision, citing past rulings, said the court "will not place a duty on doctors when there is no consensus in the medical community or among the public" on when life begins.

The 5-0 Supreme Court ruling reversed a unanimous ruling by a three-judge appeals panel and dismissed the lawsuit of a woman who had an abortion. Abortion cases pending in Illinois and South Dakota have raised the same issue.

"On the profound issue of when life begins, this court cannot drive public policy in one particular direction by the engine of the common law when the opposing sides, which represent so many of our citizens, are arrayed along a deep societal and philosophical divide," New Jersey Justice Barry T. Albin wrote for the court.

The ruling came in a lawsuit filed by a woman who accused a doctor of failing to give her enough information before she signed a consent form for him to perform an abortion.

Rose Acuna questioned whether Dr. Sheldon C. Turkish misled her in 1996 about the development of the pregnancy, then in the sixth or seventh week. She was 29 at the time and had two daughters following a miscarriage when she consulted Turkish, who had delivered her second child.

"According to Acuna, Turkish told her that she 'needed an abortion because (y)our kidneys are messing you up,'" court papers said. "Acuna asked Turkish whether 'the baby was already there.' According to Acuna, Turkish replied, 'Don't be stupid, it's only blood.'"

Acuna signed a consent form, and Turkish did the abortion. Bleeding continued, however, and seven weeks later Acuna went to a hospital. She was diagnosed with an incomplete abortion and had another procedure.

"According to her, one of the nurses caring for her explained that the procedure was necessary because Turkish 'had left parts of the baby inside of (her).' Thus, Acuna concluded based on the reference to 'the baby' that she had given consent to an abortion based on erroneous information," the appellate panel wrote last year.

Acuna, now 40, says she suffered emotional distress for the death of an unborn child.

Acuna's lawyer, Harold J. Cassidy, said he was considering an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

"Millions of women across the nation have made the same complaint as Mrs. Acuna," said Cassidy, an anti-abortion lawyer based in Monmouth County who is also involved in the South Dakota case.

"They have lost something of great value, which is dismissed as mere tissue," added Cassidy, who is also known for successfully arguing against surrogate parenting contracts in the 1987 "Baby M" case.

The doctor's lawyer, John Zen Jackson, said "the court properly recognized there are limits to a physician's duty in obtaining a patient's consent."

In South Dakota, Planned Parenthood is challenging a 2005 law that requires abortion doctors to tell women several things, including that an abortion ends human life. It has never been enforced, however, having been put on hold by a federal judge. The lawsuit challenging its constitutionality is pending.

The American Civil Liberties Union said a class-action medical malpractice lawsuit with similar claims as those raised by Acuna was recently brought in Illinois.

Marie Tasy, executive director of the anti-abortion group New Jersey Right to Life, decried the ruling. "My reaction is that once again the court relies on an outdated schizophrenic mentality to the detriment of women and indulges in semantic gymnastics to avoid the indisputable fact that a child in the womb is a human being," she said.

The ACLU praised the decision, saying it "sends a message that New Jersey will not tolerate backdoor efforts to curtail reproductive rights or free speech," said Ed Barocas, legal director of the state's ACLU chapter.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2007, 11:26:30 AM »
Sad.  I wonder how many women get abortions to preserve a certain lifestyle, like this woman:

She's an adult and is not breaking any laws

What business do you have passing judgement on her?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2007, 11:34:45 AM »
She's an adult and is not breaking any laws

What business do you have passing judgement on her?

::)  I didn't pass judgment on her.  I have an opinion. 

In my opinion, it's a shame that some women choose to kill their baby because they are more concerned about their career: 

"I fell pregnant at the worst possible time. Having worked for years to establish my career, the last thing I wanted was a child. All through my 20s I'd saved up to buy my flat, and for the first time in years I was able to go out and buy little luxuries."

Now, ask me if I give a rat's behind whether or not you have a problem with my opinion.   

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2007, 11:51:02 AM »
Now, ask me if I give a rat's behind whether or not you have a problem with my opinion.   
LOL!!!!!

OUCH! 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »
::)  I didn't pass judgment on her.  I have an opinion. 

In my opinion, it's a shame that some women choose to kill their baby because they are more concerned about their career: 

"I fell pregnant at the worst possible time. Having worked for years to establish my career, the last thing I wanted was a child. All through my 20s I'd saved up to buy my flat, and for the first time in years I was able to go out and buy little luxuries."

why would you think I cared about your opinion about ANYTHING?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2007, 12:12:04 PM »
This case is on it's way to the Supreme Court....guaranteed!  All the more reason why this next presidential election is so pivotal.  

Top N.J. Court Reverses Abortion Ruling
By JEFFREY GOLD – 1 day ago

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A doctor has no duty to tell a woman considering an abortion that her embryo is an "existing human being," a unanimous New Jersey Supreme Court ruled Wednesday, averting a trial over when human life begins.

The decision, citing past rulings, said the court "will not place a duty on doctors when there is no consensus in the medical community or among the public" on when life begins.

The 5-0 Supreme Court ruling reversed a unanimous ruling by a three-judge appeals panel and dismissed the lawsuit of a woman who had an abortion. Abortion cases pending in Illinois and South Dakota have raised the same issue.

"On the profound issue of when life begins, this court cannot drive public policy in one particular direction by the engine of the common law when the opposing sides, which represent so many of our citizens, are arrayed along a deep societal and philosophical divide," New Jersey Justice Barry T. Albin wrote for the court.

The ruling came in a lawsuit filed by a woman who accused a doctor of failing to give her enough information before she signed a consent form for him to perform an abortion.

Rose Acuna questioned whether Dr. Sheldon C. Turkish misled her in 1996 about the development of the pregnancy, then in the sixth or seventh week. She was 29 at the time and had two daughters following a miscarriage when she consulted Turkish, who had delivered her second child.

"According to Acuna, Turkish told her that she 'needed an abortion because (y)our kidneys are messing you up,'" court papers said. "Acuna asked Turkish whether 'the baby was already there.' According to Acuna, Turkish replied, 'Don't be stupid, it's only blood.'"

Acuna signed a consent form, and Turkish did the abortion. Bleeding continued, however, and seven weeks later Acuna went to a hospital. She was diagnosed with an incomplete abortion and had another procedure.

"According to her, one of the nurses caring for her explained that the procedure was necessary because Turkish 'had left parts of the baby inside of (her).' Thus, Acuna concluded based on the reference to 'the baby' that she had given consent to an abortion based on erroneous information," the appellate panel wrote last year.

Acuna, now 40, says she suffered emotional distress for the death of an unborn child.

Acuna's lawyer, Harold J. Cassidy, said he was considering an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

"Millions of women across the nation have made the same complaint as Mrs. Acuna," said Cassidy, an anti-abortion lawyer based in Monmouth County who is also involved in the South Dakota case.

"They have lost something of great value, which is dismissed as mere tissue," added Cassidy, who is also known for successfully arguing against surrogate parenting contracts in the 1987 "Baby M" case.

The doctor's lawyer, John Zen Jackson, said "the court properly recognized there are limits to a physician's duty in obtaining a patient's consent."

In South Dakota, Planned Parenthood is challenging a 2005 law that requires abortion doctors to tell women several things, including that an abortion ends human life. It has never been enforced, however, having been put on hold by a federal judge. The lawsuit challenging its constitutionality is pending.

The American Civil Liberties Union said a class-action medical malpractice lawsuit with similar claims as those raised by Acuna was recently brought in Illinois.

Marie Tasy, executive director of the anti-abortion group New Jersey Right to Life, decried the ruling. "My reaction is that once again the court relies on an outdated schizophrenic mentality to the detriment of women and indulges in semantic gymnastics to avoid the indisputable fact that a child in the womb is a human being," she said.

The ACLU praised the decision, saying it "sends a message that New Jersey will not tolerate backdoor efforts to curtail reproductive rights or free speech," said Ed Barocas, legal director of the state's ACLU chapter.

Wow.  Can't believe her doctor said "Don't be stupid, it's only blood."  Not surprised to see Planned Parenthood and the ACLU on the other side of this one.  I wonder how telling a woman her baby is actually a baby curtails "reproductive rights"?   ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2007, 12:40:45 PM »
Wow.  Can't believe her doctor said "Don't be stupid, it's only blood."  Not surprised to see Planned Parenthood and the ACLU on the other side of this one.  I wonder how telling a woman her baby is actually a baby curtails "reproductive rights"?   ::)

maybe the reason you can't believe it is because it's not a quote from the doctor

What you're reading is a quote from the woman about what she claims the doctor said to her.

"According to Acuna, Turkish told her that she 'needed an abortion because (y)our kidneys are messing you up,'"

Does that sound something a doctor would say?

Did you notice this part in the article:

Simple solution - if you're against abortion then don't get one - problem solved

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2007, 12:43:31 PM »
maybe the reason you can't believe it is because it's not a quote from the doctor

What you're reading is a quote from the woman about what she claims the doctor said to her.

"According to Acuna, Turkish told her that she 'needed an abortion because (y)our kidneys are messing you up,'"

Does that sound something a doctor would say?

Did you notice this part in the article:

Simple solution - if you're against abortion then don't get one - problem solved

Well Gooolly Sarge.  Thanks for clearing that up.   ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2007, 12:49:15 PM »
Well Gooolly Sarge.  Thanks for clearing that up.   ::)

no problem - I know reading comprehension is not one of your strengths.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2007, 12:59:51 PM »
no problem - I know reading comprehension is not one of your strengths.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057752/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2007, 01:09:02 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057752/

Bum - you might not be so obtuse if you would spend less time watching TV

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #166 on: September 14, 2007, 01:43:07 PM »

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #167 on: September 14, 2007, 01:44:29 PM »
Would you believe Planned Parenthood had the audacity to place an office right next to a Toys'R'Us in my town?      >:( >:( >:(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: September 14, 2007, 01:49:38 PM »
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: September 14, 2007, 01:50:44 PM »
Would you believe Planned Parenthood had the audacity to place an office right next to a Toys'R'Us in my town?      >:( >:( >:(

Outrageous.  You'd think there would be some kind of zoning restriction or something. 

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2008, 04:56:56 PM »
lol.  Three wrong assumptions in this thread Al.  No I'm not necessarily an expert on teenage sexuality.  I am an expert on raising my own kids.  I also know that people who actually raise kids often have a different perspective than people who don't.  Try having a discussion with someone who has never worked in advertising and have them tell you how to do your job.  Don't you think you have a different outlook after having worked on the inside? 

And some parents don't do so hot with child rearing.  My daughter's friend has a mother who got pregnant at an early age and is now divorced.  The girl lives with her father and one of his girlfriends.  Not surprised at all that her dysfunctional environment has led to poor decision making.