Author Topic: STEPHON MARBURY BACKS MICHAEL VICK, CALLS DOGFIGHTING A SPORT!  (Read 3088 times)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Stephon Marbury defends Michael Vick, calls dogfighting a sport
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-marbury-vick&prov=ap&type=lgns
August 22, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury defended Michael Vick, calling dogfighting a sport and comparing it to hunting.

Marbury spoke Monday about the federal dogfighting conspiracy charges against Vick while promoting his basketball shoe in Albany, N.Y.

"I think it's tough," Marbury said, according to Albany TV station Capital News 9. "I think, you know, we don't say anything about people who shoot deer or shoot other animals. You know, from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors."

On Monday, Vick said through a lawyer that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. He also faces possible prosecution in Virginia.

"I think it's tough that we build Michael Vick up and then we break him down," Marbury said. "I think he's one of the superb athletes, and he's a good human being. I just think that he fell into a bad situation."
BigNationRadio.com

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
Re: STEPHON MARBURY BACKS MICHAEL VICK, CALLS DOGFIGHTING A SPORT!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 03:26:06 PM »
Starbury's been saying idiotic things for years.

Another stupid athlete who should never open his mouth to speak because he's never had an intelligent thought in his life.

teddybunzee

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
  • I Punish Myself Today To Punish Others Tommorow
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 03:26:53 PM »
I think that's a discusting remark and both those fools should get thrown in a cage with the pitts and see whats it's like to get their faces ripped off...what goes around comes around...

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 03:28:19 PM »
he wont be a nick for long!

The Coach

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »
August 22, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury defended Michael Vick, calling dogfighting a sport and comparing it to hunting.

Marbury spoke Monday about the federal dogfighting conspiracy charges against Vick while promoting his basketball shoe in Albany, N.Y.

"I think it's tough," Marbury said, according to Albany TV station Capital News 9. "I think, you know, we don't say anything about people who shoot deer or shoot other animals. You know, from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors."

On Monday, Vick said through a lawyer that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. He also faces possible prosecution in Virginia.

"I think it's tough that we build Michael Vick up and then we break him down," Marbury said. "I think he's one of the superb athletes, and he's a good human being. I just think that he fell into a bad situation."

Whats even worse than that, is that NAACP is also backing Vick :-\

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 03:38:40 PM »
Whats even worse than that, is that NAACP is also backing Vick :-\

not really.   I watched the comments made by the NAACP guy (sorry i can't remember his name) on the news this morning.  they struck me as reasonable.  Vick has broken the law.  he should serve his time and appropriate punishement for what hes done.  He's going to lose millions of dollars endure public outrage, etc all because of this.  What I got as a bottom line from the NAACP was that once he's done his time, Vick should be allowed to possibly return to the NFL and he shouldn't be continously crucified by PETA and the media after its over.

I dont' disagree with that.  Lets think about the reality of it.   No big company is going to sponser him anymore.  No more nike contracts no more nothing like that.  Vick will be in his early 30's when he gets out of jail---after a few year hiatus where he won't be able to play football.  He's not the best quarterback out there by a long shot.  He probably doesn't have a chance of succeeding in the NFL after jail time.   He is a professional athlete.  Thats his life (essentially) to play football.   I say give him a chance and let him fail at it.  Maybe that will be one more lesson to drive home about his actions when he was younger.   

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 03:39:58 PM »
Starbury's been saying idiotic things for years.

Another stupid athlete who should never open his mouth to speak because he's never had an intelligent thought in his life.

I agree with this. 

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 05:33:35 PM »
I wouldn't call putting a dog against a dog a sport.....

but in some countries they use dogs to actually hunt & kill prey as a sport.

:-\

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 05:56:31 PM »

but in some countries they use dogs to actually hunt & kill prey as a sport.

:-\

Like the USA?

You really grew up on a farm? ::).

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 06:14:01 PM »
Like the USA?

You really grew up on a farm? ::).

is that what I said?

::)

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 06:29:32 PM »
August 22, 2007

that's what happens when fox news does or gets a hold of an interview,they have to put their spin on it to sound ground breaking for the night......

in case none of you have noticed the media is running wild with this and personally I don't think what he said condones in any way shape or form dogfighting...

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 04:13:06 AM »
So what context were his words taken out of?

I read it that he likens dogfighting to hunting, that it is a sport, just behind closed doors. 

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 09:08:50 AM »
What an asspipe " Its a bad situation" ummmmmm, dont put yourself into those kind of dirt bag situations and things like that wont happen
X

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 09:40:32 AM »

he was defending vicks right to have his day in court at least that's what I interpreted when I saw the interview,he's been convicted here and in the press by people who hav'nt even seen the evidence.....

and btw he's fighting the gambling and dog killing charges

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 10:09:32 AM »
he was defending vicks right to have his day in court at least that's what I interpreted when I saw the interview,he's been convicted here and in the press by people who hav'nt even seen the evidence.....

and btw he's fighting the gambling and dog killing charges

didn't he say that after Vick agreed to a plea?  I don't see how that could be interpreted as saying Vick should have his day in court. 

How can Vick fight the charges now? He is not accepting the plea?

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 10:18:43 AM »

didn't he say that after Vick agreed to a plea?  I don't see how that could be interpreted as saying Vick should have his day in court. 

How can Vick fight the charges now? He is not accepting the plea?

he just did...

espn was reporting this morning that he was gonna fight the charges of gambling and killin the dogs but I just read that's changed...he's plead out now

http://espn.go.com/

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 06:31:58 AM »
What an asspipe " Its a bad situation" ummmmmm, dont put yourself into those kind of dirt bag situations and things like that wont happen

I totally agree!
W

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 04:59:43 PM »
he wont be a nick for long!

Its "Knick".
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 05:01:55 PM »
Marbury conveniently doesn't mention the drowning, electrocution, suffocating and beating to death of the dogs that didn't perform.
The House that Ruth built

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 05:40:23 PM »

I read it that he likens dogfighting to hunting, that it is a sport, just behind closed doors. 

yup... but he's still a no brain moron

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 10:21:55 AM »
Who really cares what Marbury thinks.  He's an empty headed moron.  It's like saying, "hey, did you hear what Bugs Bunny said this morning?"  Totally inconsequential.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 04:13:20 PM »
Who really cares what Marbury thinks.  He's an empty headed moron.  It's like saying, "hey, did you hear what Bugs Bunny said this morning?"  Totally inconsequential.

You are racist against bunnies. I care what Bugs has to say.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 01:15:55 PM »
You are racist against bunnies. I care what Bugs has to say.

Yeah, but Bugs has said some whacky shit over the years.  Wascally wabbit...