Author Topic: Top 5 Bodybuilders of all Time  (Read 3529 times)

teddybunzee

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
  • I Punish Myself Today To Punish Others Tommorow
Top 5 Bodybuilders of all Time
« on: August 23, 2007, 06:47:01 PM »
I'm shure thier has been much discussion on this topic but I would like to open it back up...I would like to see a debate on who would be rated as the top 5 best bodybuilders of all time, based on factors such as titles won, most asthetic physique, what they have done for the sport, etc etc...you name them and possibly explain why they are thier....CHEERS !

dragonheart

• Getbig III
Re: Top 5 Bodybuilders of all Time
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 06:54:13 PM »
topic has been done to death, but if anyone has dorian in their top 5 of all time, let alone as #1, im just going to sigh.

teddybunzee

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 06:59:24 PM »
Sorry guys I'm new to the getbig game and I was just curious at what the answers were out their...maybe I can look at past archives of this question n e one know how and if that can be done...THANKS

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 07:01:02 PM »
1. Manning
2. Vick
3. Brady
4. Favre
5. McNabb
Addicted to the Steal

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 07:02:09 PM »
topic has been done to death, but if anyone has dorian in their top 5 of all time, let alone as #1, im just going to sigh.

LOL I would agree! 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 07:02:26 PM »

Oh? What are your top 5?

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 07:05:37 PM »
This topic HAS been done to death, however, I feel compelled to mention that Sergio Olivia is, without a doubt, in my Top 3 ... he worked hard, held a steady Job, and was, in my honest opinion, completely underated ! A true Bodybuilder and gentlemen. However, we all have our own opinons.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 07:07:06 PM »
This topic HAS been done to death, however, I feel compelled to mention that Sergio Olivia is, without a doubt, in my Top 3 ... he worked hard, held a steady Job, a was completely underated ! A true Bodybuilder and gentlemen. However, we all have our own opinons.

yeah, i'm not so sure a guy's job should mean he's a better bodybuilder.

hell, arnold owns california.  He should be #1 on the list, right?
Addicted to the Steal

teddybunzee

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 07:07:38 PM »
ARNOLD IS NUMERO UNO BABY !!!

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 07:07:51 PM »

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 07:11:29 PM »
for me:

1. Ronnie Coleman:

won 8 Mr. O's, an Arnold Classic title, more pro wins than anyone alive, long career (not a flash in the pan), done the talk show rounds at least, displayed arguably the greatest ever combo of size, shape and detail at his best, even if he has a few flaws.

2. Arnold - took bb to another level, both in terms of physique and appeal. Obviously brought bb to the mainstream.

3. Lee Haney - won 8 Mr O's, good role model (family man etc.)

4. Flex Wheeler - great career record, 93 AC phyisque constantly mentioned along with ronnie as probably the greatest ever physique, even with a few flaws. Synthol era prevents him from being #3 on my list.

5. Sergio - the precursor to the modern day ronnie and flex - amazing taper.

Flower Boy Ran Away

teddybunzee

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 07:14:37 PM »
Hulkster I agree with your top 5...I think you did a great job explaining yourself well done ! ;D

dragonheart

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 07:17:17 PM »
Oh? What are your top 5?

1. arnold
2. sergio
3. levrone
4. ronnie
5. haney

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 07:19:28 PM »
yeah, i'm not so sure a guy's job should mean he's a better bodybuilder.

hell, arnold owns california.  He should be #1 on the list, right?

That's certainly not what I meant, Cortisol. I only used that to show the type of character he had. He didn't, as far as I know, do G4P ... he worked as a Chicago Police Officer. He certainly didn't have the lifestyle of Arnold ( getting to lay out on the Beach everyday ) by any means ... not that that means anything. I just think it's much harder to be a Bodybuilder when you have a hard working job ... much like Sergio did. To each his own, Mr. Corisol ... nice pics btw, Mr. Cortisol.  ;)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 09:08:03 PM »
arnold
ron
haney
sergio
dorian

those as of now are the absolutr top 5 bodybuilders in history of bodybuilding,,no one could win against them when they were 90% dialed in and only they themselves could win eachothers top spot

*also there will never be beter than ron colman,,he is where everything stops and goes back to 80s 90s style bodybuilding,,it will happen mostlikley within next 5-10 years
fallen angel

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 09:09:56 PM »
for me:

1. Ronnie Coleman:

won 8 Mr. O's, an Arnold Classic title, more pro wins than anyone alive, long career (not a flash in the pan), done the talk show rounds at least, displayed arguably the greatest ever combo of size, shape and detail at his best, even if he has a few flaws.

2. Arnold - took bb to another level, both in terms of physique and appeal. Obviously brought bb to the mainstream.

4. Flex Wheeler - great career record, 93 AC phyisque constantly mentioned along with ronnie as probably the greatest ever physique, even with a few flaws. Synthol era prevents him from being #3 on my list.

Thats really good. Couldn't have said it better myself really except Dorian beat Flex everytime so why does he place ahead? Honorable Mentions have to go to  Kevin, Shawn, and Labrada. ;D

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 09:10:46 PM »

think again:

dorian's combo of mass and conditioning still has not been surpassed.  not the most appealing bber, but changed the way we think about training, dieting, etc.  one of the most dominant bbers ever.

his impact on bbing surpassed only by arnold.

i wouldnt put sergio in the top 5.  a total freak and ahead of his time, but he didnt compete for that long, lost to arnold after arnold got great.  also, came back in the 80's and never amounted to anything.

arnold (rest of order is random)
yates
ron
haney
reeves

each of these guys contributed greatly to bbing and influenced many people to take up bbing after them - not so much for ron bc he is still competing, but will have that impact in a few years.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 09:13:48 PM »
1. Arnold
2. Labrada
3. Wheeler
4. Levrone
5. Arnold ;)

Sean-DeMarco

• Getbig III
  • "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 10:20:45 PM »
for me:

1. Ronnie Coleman:

...Not a bad list!~ ;D
~Sean-DeMarco

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 10:33:34 PM »
98 ronnie
99 ronnie
00 ronnie
01  ronnie
02-03  ronnie

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 11:24:00 PM »

dorian's combo of mass and conditioning still has not been surpassed.  not the most appealing bber, but changed the way we think about training, dieting, etc.  one of the most dominant bbers ever.

his impact on bbing surpassed only by arnold.

Uhhh ... what !? There's a guy by the name of Ronnie Coleman who surpassed Dorian's mass AND conditioning ... MANY TIMES. And, for the record, ONE of the only things that Dorian changed about Bodybuilding was the flat stomachs ... because of Dorian ( and not ONLY Dorian ... there were others ) we now have GH guts. So sad, really. And please don't get me wrong, I like both Dorian and Ronnie's physiques, however, to state something like that ... well, that's just plain rediculous. Not to get into the whole, " Ronnie vs. Dorian " debate but Dorian looked absolutely horrible at the end of his Career. Ronnie on the other hand, besides his protruding stomach, looks great ... especially considering his age.

crc69

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 11:48:11 PM »
dorian's combo of mass and conditioning still has not been surpassed.

Mouhahahaha !  ;D ;D ;D
Dorian killed BBing and Mr O. credibility (94, 96, ...)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 11:53:06 PM »
No-one should have Levrone in their top 5.
No doubt about it...

Steve387

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 01:43:51 AM »
The problem for Dorian is at his career best, which may be 95 or 97,depending on the criteria for ''best'', and who you ask, he had a torn bicep, his back and front double bicep's weren't that great, 'compared' to the other competitiors. Thats not to say his poses from front werent good. Just the biceps. But his mass and granite-like conditioning, is arguably best ever. And his abs at that weight is rediculous. So, leave him out, or put him in top 5? Those back shots of Dorian are some of the best of all time. He looks skinless!

But Ronnie Coleman, with his crappy calves doesnt seem to be an eyesore. But overall seems to have good muscle shape and excellent biceps. In fact his arms are probably the best ever overall. Even at 2006 mr olympia they still looked awesome, but overall he looked like shit, at least on stage .. 1996 or any other Coleman would kill 2006 Ronnie based on conditioning[body-fat, seperation, and water, also abdominals] and everything ..

So, at their best i would put it:

Ronnie Coleman 1998
Paul Dillett 1994
Dorian 1995
Arnold 1974
Jay Cutler 2001

This just my opinion. If someone considers the physique with crappy hamstrings, but good arms and back ''not so good'' then Arnold would be number 5. If other consider best conditioning, and mass but poor biceps, then Dorian would be fifth, or coleman without calves and so on. So this is just mine, but even still im not so sure if you asked again. Truth is they're all good in their own way.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2007, 01:54:38 AM »
I see you put Paul Dillet in your lineup, Steve ... good choice ! He would definitely be in my Top 5 as one of the best ... ESPECIALLY that year.