Author Topic: REGGIE MILLER TO STAY RETIRED!  (Read 813 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
REGGIE MILLER TO STAY RETIRED!
« on: August 24, 2007, 09:42:38 AM »
After two weeks of workouts, Miller to stay retired
ESPN.com news services

Updated: August 24, 2007, 11:04 AM ET
Comment
 Email
 Print
 Reggie Miller's comeback has ended before it began.

Miller
The former Indiana Pacers star and TNT hoops analyst has decided he won't make a comeback with the Boston Celtics or anyone else, according to The Indianapolis Star.

"That's it,'' he told The Star. "Physically, I know I could have done it. But mentally, when you do something like this, you've either got to be all in or all out. And I've decided I'm all out."

Miller told the newspaper the decision came after two weeks of workouts designed to see how his body might react to the stress of an entire NBA season.

"Earlier [Thursday], I was ready to come back. I was going to do it. But then I flew back here, I thought about it, I talked to a lot of people, and honestly, most people told me I should come back," Miller said, according to the newspaper.

"Charles [Barkley], Mark [Jackson], Doug [Collins], they all said I should do it. And when I was back in Indy this week [for the Peyton Manning charity bowling event], people on the streets, they'd tell me to do it," Miller told the newspaper. "But as the day went on, I just realized I wasn't ready mentally to put myself through the grind again."

Miller, the NBA's all-time leader in 3-pointers, retired in 2005 after 18 seasons, all with the Pacers. But he considered a return when the Celtics picked up Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett and asked Miller if he was interested.

The answer is no, Miller told the Star.

"Please write, 'I will never, ever, ever try something like this again,'" he said laughing, according to the newspaper. "Any of the 30 teams in the NBA, if you're interested, please don't call."

b.c.

• Getbig II
Re: REGGIE MILLER TO STAY RETIRED!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 10:12:19 AM »
Good idea, the NBA is way too competitive and young for him to compete.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: REGGIE MILLER TO STAY RETIRED!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 10:56:31 AM »
He simply doesn't want it bad enough. He doesn't have the 'itch that needs scratching' as Jordan used to say.